Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - i LOVE THIS PLACE... - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

blue_lurker

Post Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:37 am   Reply with quote         

*Deep breath...straigthens tie...stands on soapbox...its a lot to read I know Shocked ...but here goes*

Over the pass couple of weeks, there has been a great deal of forum topics about, ideas and changes to make this site better, or fairer.

This is well and good, and like all people here I love the debate and the interchange of ideas and opinions. Any thing to make this place better, is a great idea…but…yep always a but huh.

Better than what? Question

I started my obsession with image manipulation, or "photo decoupage" doing image fixes for friends, I was a hack, had no idea of what I was doing but I was doing it better than my group of friends.( Still a hack I know)

Cut my teeth doing some air brush work for a few Adult sites Embarassed , and got some fame doing funny chops of site members at the same sites. It was fun and playing with the images was cool. Twisted Evil

Found a little site called Gods awakening and met some more PS users and started to learn how to use PS a little better, from there I found FARK.FARK was fun and rough and ready and quick, more for the comic value than the technical and very clicky. It was still missing that one thing I needed.

Went from there to Worth1000, great images but to restrained and controlled and has many problems with voting and political games. Found a few clone sites of Worth and stayed for a little while, but they all had there problems. Wink

Found this place and yep we have a few problems now and then and yep the voting system aint great, but it’s better than what is out there, and fair...well no system can be completly fair but this one aint as bad as most beleive me.

It has the family feel, with the added teaching quality I needed. I let my kids see my work here and love the attention I get from them when viewing others work. We all work at different levels and different skills, but we all get to post our best work with out being hampered by a restrictive set of rules. People here are friendly and most of the time open and honest, yes there have been some moments of conflict and deceit.

Yes I’m sure that there are many things that can be improved here and I’m sure we will always have topics posted about the votes and advantage and stats and anything else. Agree or not you get to have your say and you don’t get silenced for having an opinion, unless its way outa line.

I love this place and the people and the idealism, it’s the best PS related site out there and we know it or why be here.

So thanks to JMH and all the mods and all the artists and all the visitors and anyone else who takes the time to look post or comment?

splodge

Post Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:59 am   Reply with quote         

we love you too blue

Hallcross Toots
marcoballistic

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Mon Oct 10, 2005 4:06 am   Reply with quote         

*Walks up to Blue's soapbox*

*shakes blue's hand*

spot on man, very well said Very Happy

Lrossa

Post Mon Oct 10, 2005 7:19 am   Reply with quote         

Blue you rock! Wink

st1n3r

Post Mon Oct 10, 2005 7:45 am   Reply with quote         

Cool i agree with blue.... this site is the best or why would we all be here.

SWINGING BLADES LIKE A HELICOPTER

anfa

Post Mon Oct 10, 2005 8:01 am   Reply with quote         

What Splodge said! :Very Happy

Wett

Post Mon Oct 10, 2005 8:29 am   Reply with quote         

if
Love = Addiction
then I agree with bluelurker! Laughing

seamusoisin

Post Mon Oct 10, 2005 12:11 pm   Reply with quote         

Right on Blue!

I am always amazed how the same image is conjured up into different chops. We all see the same thing but head off in all sorts of directions. This has to be a model for people getting along .

I feel I have gotten to know different people because of how they portray their chops. Who is sensitve, moody, passionate, etc. There is a consistency of chop emotions!

Most of the comments are positive in nature, and suggestions are great when a positive spin is put on it.

This is a super place, no doubt about it!

Thanks Blue, comment long overdue!

delucx

Post Mon Oct 10, 2005 12:22 pm   Reply with quote         

well said Blue! I'm still a newbie here but it's been an amazing experience so far Smile

deshone

Post Mon Oct 10, 2005 12:50 pm   Reply with quote         

yeah i am the best ... i mean this site is the best ... Shocked

sage

Post Mon Oct 10, 2005 12:55 pm   Reply with quote         

*Walks up to Lurker's soapbox, kicks it out of the way. Puts down a new soapbox...the Binford 2000 of soapboxes. Gives it to Lurker and shakes his hand.*

Well said, great sentiment. Cool

Synthvet

Post Mon Oct 10, 2005 4:43 pm   Reply with quote         

* takes a number and waits*

*gets closer to Blues soapbox*

*stands in front of Blues soapbox*

Bow Bow Bow Bow Bow Bow

All of the above!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Very well said Blue!!

ScionShade

Post Mon Oct 10, 2005 8:15 pm   Reply with quote         

Nice sentiment mini-blue Cool

ReinMan

Post Mon Oct 10, 2005 8:20 pm   Reply with quote         

Wow. A thread I'm actually interested in commenting in.

Yay! Very Happy

Good words Mr. Lurker.

Pip Pip, Cheerio! All that Rot,. eh? ! Laughing

Yes. This place has the potential to be one of the best online communities on The Net. It does have its serious issues at times, but it still rocks.

The biggest challenges I see it facing are dealing with its own popularity, as well as dealing with SOOOOOO MANY FRICKIN MEMBERS! I myself have taken a step (a rather large step) back from all things PSC - but I still respect and believe in this e-community muchly.

Okay - going away again! Ta Ta! Smile

missrobin74

Post Mon Oct 10, 2005 10:38 pm   Reply with quote         

deshone wrote:
yeah i am the best ... i mean this site is the best ... Shocked

Rolling Eyes

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - i LOVE THIS PLACE... - Reply to topic