Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - speaking up - This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

blue_lurker

Post Thu Nov 10, 2005 9:59 pm   Reply with quote         

(Climbs on his binford 2000 soapbox...clears throat...deep breath...here goes...)

You know I read thru all this…

Twice

Yeah I know 30 minutes of my life I’m not gunna get back.

Who cares?

Vote as you will, cause there your votes, use all 25, vote once, it’s your choice no one else can tell you how to vote.

That’s it, if ya wanna vote whore…do it…if ya wanna pm everyone on this site to secure votes…great do it…if you want to comment on an image go for it, (Just make it sensible and polite)

We all have a choice, we all have an opinion and we are all free to voice and choose.

I don’t like some of Marcos stuff, I agree that some times it’s straight up cut n paste n blend, but I look at it this way:

I get to choose if I want to vote or not and take responsibility for my choice. I can never understand why we have to make an open point on one image/person/opinion, it’s not there fault…we choose who to vote for don’t we…..

( steps down from soap box...checks for Sage...looks clear...)

Post Thu Nov 10, 2005 10:16 pm   Reply with quote         

Nicely put blue lurker.....ok...time for eggnog

TofuTheGreat

Post Thu Nov 10, 2005 10:32 pm   Reply with quote         

dbb's eggnog is shitty! Where's the nutmeg? I'll be it's store bought too!

Wink

p.s. time for a blue_lurker fan club? He's wise. I'll join.

Lrossa

Post Thu Nov 10, 2005 11:28 pm   Reply with quote         

yello_piggy

Post Fri Nov 11, 2005 3:51 am   Reply with quote         

how so often, the truth will be somewhere inbetween. sure, marco is sending some pms, but i never read "vote for my entry" but he spends some nice words - he is really one of the politest guys here - which I can sometimes understand as whoring for votes in my paranoid moments too, no question. other whoring-like actions he made, like a wall with membernames on it, came from other members too, remember pics with lots of socks or avatars looking out of a building. no problem with this, when I see my avatar in an entry I can still decide on my own to vote for or not.
to the past: I remember that marco and me started almost same time on psc. we had the overmotivated "two-entries-a-day-period" together. we became something like friends in these days, when we had 10 votes for pretty good entries. then I went on vacation, and when I came back, marco was a star ... no idea what happened, but it should be ok.
also to the past: about two months ago (maybe longer) the overlord "anfa" almost won with each entry he posted. he delivered really good work here, but I am sure that I read words like "anfa-ass-licking" or something like that in a forum. after this, his activity on psc shrank for whatever reason.
personally I would welcome some kind of anonymous-voting-mode too, but this will never come, because all around the voting (advantage, posting-mode) depends of this voting-mode we have here. otherwise we had a system like on w1k, which is totally different, and honestly said, less less less less fun!
so let us be adult! Shocked

PSC

Post Fri Nov 11, 2005 4:43 am   Reply with quote         

yes I'm ledirlo,

the people I spoke up for are the most respected users at psc.We've seen so many people thinking they were artists with a right to have respect to their work that it has become funny .

Digital artists are the technically top notch PSers, through exposition they ask for critique so they can improve, and the competition in the artistic world is tougher than in the cgi business.But I guess you're all worth that at least.at least worh Cezanne AND Picasso.

reyrey wants it so I'll shut the fuck up, maybe he wants all the people who made this site, those I speak for, to stop thinking too ?

yello_piggy

Post Fri Nov 11, 2005 4:48 am   Reply with quote         

PSC wrote:
But I guess you're all worth that at least.at least worh Cezanne AND Picasso.

This comparison was funny! Laughing they will rotate in their graves ...

yello_piggy

Post Fri Nov 11, 2005 6:55 am   Reply with quote         

TofuTheGreat

Post Fri Nov 11, 2005 9:01 am   Reply with quote         

'borrows' blue's binford soapbox.

PSC wrote:
yes I'm ledirlo,

the people I spoke up for are the most respected users at psc.We've seen so many people thinking they were artists with a right to have respect to their work that it has become funny .

Directly from the FAQ
Quote:

Q: Can I make negative comments?
    A: If you feel that an image was not up to par for whatever reasons, you are free to comment on it. However! If you place negative comments on another's hard work, they better be constructive and as graceful as possible. We will not tolerate abuse of our valued site members. There are many different ability levels here. They are ALL welcome.

I'm just sayin' is all.

replaces blue's soapbox and hopes he doesn't notice

cowboy399

Post Fri Nov 11, 2005 10:30 am   Reply with quote         

When I first came here I was a little leery of Marco because of all the negative comments I read about him. I didn't understand what that was about until later (mainly jealousy). But as I have gotten to know him a little better he has shown himself to be nothing but a perfect gentleman and he usually puts in 200% into all his entries. I think PSC needs more guys like him. Yes he does play to win but that's what makes it fun, don't you think?

As far as asking for votes, he has never done that with me and I have never seen him ask for votes from anyone else. But lets be honest here, in a system such as this there is a lot of room for abuse - buddy voting, old members not voting for new, vote trading, clique voting, etc. There is a definite social aspect to the system for the simple reason it isn't anonymous. I am sure this has been brought up before but why in the hell don't you guys change it to an anonymous voting system?

splodge

Post Fri Nov 11, 2005 10:57 am   Reply with quote         

wtf you on about led, how come chrispis and metalic never got any flack when they were hoging all the votes and never giving any back, oh i forgot, they were your friends, but i havn't forgoten you sending me a post of yours for my views/ideas when i was a rank amature and posting was anonamouse.
Evil or Very Mad

Hallcross Toots
nancers
Former Site Moderator

Post Fri Nov 11, 2005 11:19 am   Reply with quote         

I did NOT just read all that.

Post Fri Nov 11, 2005 11:38 am   Reply with quote         

nancers wrote:
I did NOT just read all that.

prob better off anyway nancy... Rolling Eyes

oh and btw, marco youve got great legs bud... but i dont think red is really your color Laughing

Post Fri Nov 11, 2005 11:43 am   Reply with quote         

I can feel the lov !

ReyRey

Post Fri Nov 11, 2005 11:56 am   Reply with quote         

Why hide who you are Ledirio??? Rolling Eyes Why not let the people you speak for, speak for themselves? Why not just write. My name is ledirio and I hate Marco.Then we can write, "Who gives a fuck?" Now shut the fuck up and chop something! I myself have told Marco that he is so nice that he is his own worst enemy. Who cares? We are all smart people and can make up our own minds. If it's good, vote. If it sucks don't vote. If you want to vote for a friend, vote. If you don't want to vote, don't vote. If you want more votes, make better chops and stop looking for reasons why someone else is getting more votes. Now....I love what this web site is all about. I love critiques. (if they are not just abusive) I love the people who are just here to have fun and don't care about the votes. (they are my favorites) I even love you ledirio for stirring up the bees nest now and then and letting people speak thier minds weather good or bad. And most of all I love the creators of this web site for giving us all a place to do what we do weather it be good, bad, brilliant. underhanded, Stupid, funny, cute, mushy, whatever. You don't have to like it all but take it for what it is worth. Bla bla bla wa wa wa.
Now shut the Fuck up and chop something!

P.S. I hate Scion....Not sure why?.. Give me a second I'll think of something. Oh hell. I can't think of anything. He got more votes than me. He got more votes than everybody. He must have cheated somehow.....? Who cares. Let's all hate scion today! Is that O.K. Scion?
All Hail the King!! Let's put him up high on a pedistal so that it hurts really bad when we push him off Twisted Evil

Just kidding Scion Wink You da man!

As for everything else, Get over it. Go chop something!
Love to all
Wink

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - speaking up - This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.