Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Featured Pic - Kids' Chops - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Queen La Tiff

Post Wed Nov 30, 2005 1:27 pm   Reply with quote         

Just a heads-up...my son Zak, aged ten, is itching to submit a chop for a contest. I'm hoping that his interest in Photoshop will replace his interest in video games, so I'm strongly encouraging this. I'm going to have him write in the artist comments that he's only ten, so hopefully people will be kind and constructive.

Anyone else out there got little critters who want to try out what Mommy/Daddy is so hooked on? (I'm talking PSC, not booze, people!) Laughing

Kansas

Post Wed Nov 30, 2005 1:41 pm   Reply with quote         

My daughter is posting her first ever Photoshop picture tomorrow. She is so looking forward to having her's picture up there with mine. Thanks people.

Post Wed Nov 30, 2005 1:48 pm   Reply with quote         

That's great to get the kids involved! My oldest son is 7 and he's still mastering pencil and paper! Laughing

I'll be looking for the munchkin chops. Good luck to the kiddies.

TheShaman

Post Wed Nov 30, 2005 2:08 pm   Reply with quote         

my 3 year old wants to play guitar like her daddy... so this year Santa is bringing her one (its a real guitar made for little ones.) ive already tried it, i just hope she can get her hands around the neck..
fun times

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Wed Nov 30, 2005 2:09 pm   Reply with quote         

cool, look forward to it, now everyone be nice, and maybe someone should tidy up the tail end of the Photo Association thread, hmmmmm

Queen La Tiff

Post Wed Nov 30, 2005 2:11 pm   Reply with quote         

Yeah, Zak will be staying away from the forums. Raising Brow

Post Wed Nov 30, 2005 2:34 pm   Reply with quote         

My 5 year old has been toying with Photoshop since she was around 3.5...SHE LOVES IT! And not only Photoshop, but any other graphic software I can find for her. There's a really neat one that even I like called TuxPaint...It's freeware and makes "interesting" noises as you work...She also wants to play guitar like Dad...BUT...the one that might make the most noise is..."The Boy"...He's 2 and swears he's Prince! Shocked

ScionShade

Post Wed Nov 30, 2005 4:48 pm   Reply with quote         

I know it may sound stupid, but when Desh said to watch out in about ten years for his kid,
My first thought was how cool it would be if by then we had a subsection called "PSCKids", I know it sounds fruity, but
I'm a big believer in the idea that this site will not be able to help but to grow
into that kinda big/little community atmosphere. Just MHO.
PS, Abigail is gonna be six next month and knows her way around a pc pretty good,
I think I'll give her two more years, then she's 'choppin'!' Very Happy

Kansas

Post Wed Nov 30, 2005 5:52 pm   Reply with quote         

I know my two kids would be interested, besides how cool would that be to get them hooked into something they could use now in school and later in life.

Queen La Tiff

Post Wed Nov 30, 2005 6:03 pm   Reply with quote         

Not a bit fruity, Scion. Kids learn so much more quickly than grown-ups, most of the time. And I have this idea that it's so important to show Zak that the internet is more than just a place to play video games. Then again, so much of the "educational" sites out there are corn-dog to the max...

And PSC seems to be full of (mostly) cool, helpful people. I know I hang around here because I learn a lot and laugh a lot...

Also, it strikes me that working with Photoshop teaches all kinds of lateral thinking skills, and the potential for growth within the program seems limitless. If they came out with Photoshop for XBOX, my kid would be a master within a week!

BTW, Scion, is that your little girl in your avatar pic? She's beyond cute.

Smile

ScionShade

Post Wed Nov 30, 2005 6:14 pm   Reply with quote         

Laughing
HA! Nah, that's her little brother noah. he was that cry-baby source
in a contest about a month ago. Very Happy

Patre

Post Wed Nov 30, 2005 6:18 pm   Reply with quote         

Looks like a good idea..
I'm hoping that the kids who submit pics will be identified as kids.
I am afraid I will miss the opportunity to encourage their talent,
if they submit pictures under a screen name that makes it appear
as if they are adult site members. Smile

Queen La Tiff

Post Wed Nov 30, 2005 8:50 pm   Reply with quote         

Good point, Patre. I've told Zak that he has to put "This is my first try and I'm ten years old" on his post. I really hope that people put suggestions in with the criticisms, so that it is truly a constructive experience for him. I gotta say, he's really excited. I let him see this thread, and he just CANNOT BELIEVE that the grown-ups are okay with the idea! I tried to tell him that sometimes we're cool, after all--he's not buying it.

I do worry a little about him being crushed if he doesn't do as well as he wants to, but I figure A) he's from NYC, and probably has tougher skin than I realize, B) People around here are generally very cool, and finally C) Kids risk getting crushed no matter what they undertake, so it's kind of part of growing up. In a couple of years it'll be high school sports, and everybody making this face: Mad

Scion, that "cry baby" source was the whip! I keep a framed one of Zak as a toddler, bawling his eyes out because he couldn't have any of the cookies we left out for Santa one year. That one's gonna come in handy on his prom night.

marcoballistic

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Thu Dec 01, 2005 2:30 am   Reply with quote         

lol how to embarrass one's offspring in 10 east steps by Tiff Very Happy

tell Zak not to be to disappointed if his post doesnt do too well, what will be will indeed be.

I have to agree that maybe the kids should be identified somehow, as some members on here can get a bit...ummmm irrate and in ya face, and we certainly do not want any of this negative energy aimed at a youngens.

big respect to the next generation of PSC'ers

TofuTheGreat

Post Thu Dec 01, 2005 9:23 am   Reply with quote         

QLT, if yer spawn gets upset at how his chop is doing then just show him a "sort by votes" and he'll see that he'd done better than some adults (just about guarantee that)!

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Featured Pic - Kids' Chops - Reply to topic