Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - tablet or mouse - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2  Next

jefflang007

Post Sat Dec 10, 2005 5:11 am   Reply with quote         

Folks can any one please tell me if it worth taking the step and purchasing a tablet?

marcoballistic

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Sat Dec 10, 2005 5:21 am   Reply with quote         

I need a new one thanks to my son, but yes it is, if you get a quality one, definately great for drawing, colouring, shading etc, you could also have a dual mouse/tablet set up, which works great after getting used to it

Very Happy

Synthvet

Post Sat Dec 10, 2005 5:39 am   Reply with quote         

I never played with one till a couple of weeks ago at a Photoshop seminar. The Wacom people had a booth there and I got to try some of the tablets. yes they take a little getting used to, but I was hooked.

It's the first thing on my Christmas list.

blue_lurker

Post Sat Dec 10, 2005 1:58 pm   Reply with quote         

It comes down to choice Jeff...I have a tab but find it slow and a little difficult to use, for me. I use a track ball and love it gives great control and you can do some very detailed moves once you get use to it. Then again I never gave the tab a real chance, may just get it out of the pac and give it another go...

Post Sat Dec 10, 2005 11:02 pm   Reply with quote         

squeak.squeak.

Post Sat Dec 10, 2005 11:11 pm   Reply with quote         

If I had a good tablet and got used to it, you all would be doomed! Very Happy

I may be relatively new to photoshop, but pencil is my life medium!

Post Sat Dec 10, 2005 11:11 pm   Reply with quote         

If it werent for the click button being so awkward to use, tablets would rock.
My tablet has clik buttons and a few extras on it, so I'd say it's better when I'm doing any details on a chop.
Otherwise i am so used to a mouseball, that don't hurt either.
i think anyone still using a normal mouse is just a bit on the insane side of things.

Post Sat Dec 10, 2005 11:14 pm   Reply with quote         

ScionShade wrote:
I think anyone still using a normal mouse is just a bit on the insane side of things.

what, like a ball mouse? I use a plain old two-button 1 wheel Dell laser mouse.

Post Sat Dec 10, 2005 11:16 pm   Reply with quote         

you poor chap... Confused

ScionShade

Post Sat Dec 10, 2005 11:17 pm   Reply with quote         

yeah, that just aint good.
For the right hand I use a standard top mount ball mouse, and for the left I use a lefty thumball mouse.
Moving yer wrist and arm around like that aint healthy.

Post Sat Dec 10, 2005 11:33 pm   Reply with quote         

TWO mice?! You think i'm crazy?! lol

Post Mon Dec 12, 2005 1:03 pm   Reply with quote         

I swear by my Wacom Tablet. I've never had any problems with it being slow, but then again I am running a OSX Dual 2.5GHz PowerPC and 1 GB of ram Cool

I have the cheap $100 version.... My only wish is that I had spent the extra $$ on a larger Tablet, just for more room. Other than that, once you get used to it, you can set pressure and it sure makes Drawing and other Chopping far easier than a mouse... and
Bow to those of you who can use a trackball

Post Mon Dec 12, 2005 8:57 pm   Reply with quote         

I hate trackballs! BOOOOO!

Post Mon Dec 12, 2005 9:12 pm   Reply with quote         

For 95 percent of my work...i use a mouse. But i have used a tablet before. Takes some getting used to. Im thinking about buying one for xmas to use at home to practice more.

D3adkl0wn

Post Mon Dec 12, 2005 10:12 pm   Reply with quote         

i've been toying with the idea of getting a tablet also... i believe i posted a topic about it in october... but i think i'm gonna stick to the mouse, based on all the feedback i've gotten and heard from here and elsewhere... i currently use a wireless microsoft optical mouse and find that it's sensitive enough for chopping, and with no wired it's totally free to move w/o interfierence.. also i have those low friction feet and a low friction mousepad too, which help alot... i swear i can move that thing by blowing on it..lol.. my advise is to go to a place that sells computer accessories or electronics (like futureshop or something...) and see if they have one set up, or can allow you to try one out before you make the jump and get one... or buy one from somewhere that will allow you to return it within a few days if it dosn't meet your needs... Smile

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - tablet or mouse - Reply to topic