Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Welcome Center - Making my appearance, like Mr. Bean/The Terminator - Reply to topic

Post Tue Dec 13, 2005 2:55 am   Reply with quote         

I guess that means naked in a circle of light.

So, I love PhotoShop. Nothing new there. I've been loving it for around a decade, but using it mostly for my own hobby and fine art purposes. I have a fine art background (MFA), with a lot of drawing/painting/sculpture/photography and other stuff.

Now, alas, I am unemployed. My 8-year cushy temp gig ran out and left me bouncing on my ear. I am currently travelling in Asia.

I am wondering if I can break into doing PhotoShop as a job, for a business or freelance. Is it realistic?

I'm quite accomplished with my own esoteric, if extremely elaborate uses of PhotoShop, but, admittedly, my practical, business-applicable skills are somewhat dormant. Let's be honest, I've rarely used PhotoShop for anything other than my own creations.

But I am willing to pour through the most tedious, and the most fun books in order to sharpen my practical skills and become a more well-rounded and competent PhotoShoper.

But what are my chances of finding work? I'm willing to start out slow and build up...

Synthvet

Post Tue Dec 13, 2005 3:43 am   Reply with quote         

Post Tue Dec 13, 2005 3:48 am   Reply with quote         

Wow, I know that I actually exist: "If I"m not me, who the hell am I?" To be a terminating Bean is a joy unto itself and it's own reward. Thanks for sharing that piece. Did you do it yourself?

Synthvet

Post Tue Dec 13, 2005 3:56 am   Reply with quote         

Yep, just pieces and parts.......thanks to google. Terminator was cool, but ya gotta love Mr. Bean!!

marcoballistic

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Tue Dec 13, 2005 4:54 am   Reply with quote         

your right there Synth, can't beat a bit of Rowan Atkinsons rubber limbed madness.

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Welcome Center - Making my appearance, like Mr. Bean/The Terminator - Reply to topic