Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - A Call to All Long TIme PSC Choppers and Advantage Members - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Do you think restoration of old contest pics is worthwhile?

Yes

90%

90%

[ 19 ]

No

9%

9%

[ 2 ]

Total Votes: 21

jasper

Post Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:03 pm   Reply with quote         

I noticed a lot of chops being lost in the great abyss of time. To me, it's a shame! I was looking for some old chops from other members (mezo, etc.) that simply aren't there anymore.

So...

I am making an open call to all of you who can, to re-upload your old images to some of the old contests if you have them. It took me a few hours to do, but I think it will be worth it and will really enrich the site.

Please also post here if you are able to find and edit your entries for the contests that are missing the pictures.

Also, If you happen to find the starting image for some older contests, let's see if JMH can get them back up, too.

Your comments are welcome!

nancers
Former Site Moderator

Post Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:08 pm   Reply with quote         

Tell me how the hell to do it and change your avatar.

Post Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:08 pm   Reply with quote         

Sounds like a great idea...........one problem with some of the old ones though is: They don't meet the current pixel restrictions

Janitor

Post Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:24 pm   Reply with quote         

I'm all for seeing mezopunks stuff restored but some of us are glad our early stuff is lost to time. Cool

splodge

Post Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:38 pm   Reply with quote         

hey jasper, checkout my portfolio, i think i have the original (starting) pic for every contest i entered going back to 05/28/2003, and i posted every day back then like any good newnie, if JMH wants to restore then i'll zip them up and post them somewhere.

Hallcross Toots
jasper

Post Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:41 pm   Reply with quote         

That's fantastic splodge! I think it would be great if we could get them to JMH and he could get them back up.

Nancers - just go to the contest entry in your portfolio. If you are an advantage member, just click on the EDIT link at the top right. Then upload from your local machine! It will REQUIRE you to title it as well.

Fair warning - All images must be no more than 700px high, 550px wide and not over the file size limit.

splodge

Post Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:30 pm   Reply with quote         

ok, i have about 90 old pix from 05/28/2003 to 09/14/2003, who wants them?

Hallcross Toots
billtvshow
Site Moderator

Post Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:50 pm   Reply with quote         

volkswes wrote:
Sounds like a great idea...........one problem with some of the old ones though is: They don't meet the current pixel restrictions

I addressed this several months ago. As jasper said, you can do 550x700 on those old images where that limitation was allowed, though I think you are still limited on size.
arcaico

Post Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:20 pm   Reply with quote         

this is not a problem... I updated my old car-love gif and it was over the limit size.

TheShaman wrote:
fine fine! I'm an idiot!

wendysmurfie

Post Tue Apr 25, 2006 3:59 am   Reply with quote         

jasper great idea! i had several times that i was looking at an entry but could not get the original to come up to compair and see what was done. You are so smart! Razz

Post Tue Apr 25, 2006 8:41 am   Reply with quote         

Here's 81 missing start pix, pitty we can only go back 25 pages without changing the code in the address box, maybe that could be fixed by puting more contests on a page.

http://www.hallcross.co.uk/images/missing_pix/index.htm

Hallcross Toots
FootFungas

Post Tue Apr 25, 2006 8:57 am   Reply with quote         

you can use batch resize.

Post Tue Apr 25, 2006 9:05 am   Reply with quote         

OK Jaspers,
That avatar I like better Wink
I'll sit down some night with a bottle of Merlot and see what I can dig up for my own portfolio...after ReyRey knocks me out of the H2H and what little computer time I have isn't spent frantically trying not to embarass myself before the public spanking. Laughing

Post Tue Apr 25, 2006 11:20 am   Reply with quote         

Good one Jasper,.. I think that's involves me too,... I did some re-uploading last week,... so things are in progress.

jasper

Post Tue Apr 25, 2006 11:29 am   Reply with quote         

Thanks you guys - this is pretty cool! I have been giong through your portfolio chris - looks nice (well, the first 11 pages ;p)

Nancers - don't worry, you'll have planty of time after this h2h Wink

Splodge - did you email JMH about the old starting images?

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - A Call to All Long TIme PSC Choppers and Advantage Members - Reply to topic