Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Welcome Center - That PSC Frappr map - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2  Next

HandToolUK

Post Sun Jan 15, 2006 7:26 pm   Reply with quote         

Well I thought I'd create a thread for any comments about the PSC Frappr map (see
this page from the news section if you don't know about it), observations about other PSCer's locations, questions etc.

And to anyone who hasn't posted their location (at least approximately - if you zoom right in with Canada, the UK and USA, it can get VERY specific and some of us might not want that Wink ), please add yourself for posteriority ... err... or something like that.

Incidentally - ReinMan: I see you're presently living at the cross-section of St Georges Avenue and 15th Street East. Must be quite dangerous with all that traffic passing by!
Still, at least you have the hospital right next to you... Laughing

Queen La Tiff

Post Sun Jan 15, 2006 11:42 pm   Reply with quote         

You know what? I seriously love that thing. I found the United Nations, the Statue of Liberty, my own building, the Chrysler Building, and the WTC site. I tried to find the pyramids and the Great Wall of China, with no success in either case. People should post other cool stuff they find...oh yeah, and check out the Denver Airport, decide if you think it's shaped like a swastika...it's above and to the right of Denver, sort of at 2:00.

There's a whole network of people who have a whole bunch of theories about the Denver Airport. I am not one of them, because I've never been there. But it's certainly one of those topics that makes me go Surprised

I still have to move my thing over a little bit...it's kind of off. You know what I mean.

Post Mon Jan 16, 2006 12:43 am   Reply with quote         

Try out google Earth, I think you'll like that. you can pinpoint anything or anywhere you want. type in an adress, and it'll take you there. type in a couple keywords in case you dont know the adress, it'll give you a small list for you. You can zoom in even closer than frappr, too. Zoom all the way out and you can see the whole planet! very cuel program. There is a website that corresponds with the program where people share things they find, like airplanes, or shipwrecks, or secret bases or exotic cars, very cuel.

Post Mon Jan 16, 2006 2:22 am   Reply with quote         

Aww. It's more fun to post a bunch of useless stuff in the "news" area. Razz

TofuTheGreat

Post Mon Jan 16, 2006 8:48 am   Reply with quote         

Mason beat me to it but yes definitely try Google Earth. You can even "tilt" the screen to get a bit of 3D effect on the landscape. Doesn't work the best for all areas but it's still cool.

Get it here

splodge

Post Mon Jan 16, 2006 8:58 am   Reply with quote         

you cant beat google earth, especiay if you live in a high-res area, for some strange reason doncaster is a high-res area.

Hallcross Toots
nancers
Former Site Moderator

Post Mon Jan 16, 2006 9:13 am   Reply with quote         

Google Earth is definitely cool....obviously I won't post my addy here, but we live in a high res area and you can actually see my kid's trampoline and our garden in the back yard. It's kinda freaky.

And I used my work address for the frap thing...if you're going to stalk me I want to be well dressed and have make up on. Razz

Post Mon Jan 16, 2006 9:33 am   Reply with quote         

If you're going to stalk me, i want YOU to be well dressed and waring make up Twisted Evil

Hallcross Toots
Alex

Post Mon Jan 16, 2006 10:47 am   Reply with quote         

Quote:
I tried to find the pyramids

The're are right there tho... In high res.
http://maps.google.ca/?hl=en&ll=29.790498,31.209648&spn=0.004926,0.007124&t=k
There's another one just a bit to the north Cool I don't know if those are THE big ones but it's pretty cool.

Post Mon Jan 16, 2006 11:02 am   Reply with quote         

I live in a very "low res" area.....this is as close as I can get........

splodge

Post Mon Jan 16, 2006 11:15 am   Reply with quote         

i think that's the red pyramid alex, just type pyramids in the 'fly to' box and google earth will take you there.

Hallcross Toots
Queen La Tiff

Post Mon Jan 16, 2006 11:28 am   Reply with quote         

Man that's cool...gotta check that out.

Splodge: putting lipstick on Laughing

Alex

Post Mon Jan 16, 2006 11:57 am   Reply with quote         

I dont have Google Earth and can't have it. I was on Google Map only... But you're right. My pyramid wasn't as good as yours. Laughing

Post Mon Jan 16, 2006 12:06 pm   Reply with quote         

You can even download little files where people have made 3d models of structures, like the pyramids, or stadiums, or Area 51 and such. Some people have even done whole cities, like Dallas. Hey, LD, I even have a little 3d model of the Enterprise hovering over the model of the Golden Gate Bridge for some unknown reason.

Post Sun Jan 22, 2006 6:53 pm   Reply with quote         

What is that text in your shirt Marco?

C6H12N2O4 ?

2,3 Dimethyle 2,3 Dinitrobutane (DMNB) Shocked

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Welcome Center - That PSC Frappr map - Reply to topic