Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Ask the Experts - Photoshop wont cooperate. - Reply to topic

ETG

Post Mon Jan 16, 2006 4:22 pm   Reply with quote         

I have cs2 and need help with some of the filter dialogue menus that pop up. Whenever I pick a filter to use that has sliding rules and stuff, the dialogue box comes out HUMONGEROUS! So much so that I cant input any values....and cant reach the far right side of the slide rules Sad. An example is the filters gallery. Is there a way to change the preset or preference of the pop up style? thanks yall.

Post Mon Jan 16, 2006 4:49 pm   Reply with quote         

probably has something to do with how your screen resolution is set up, not photoshop itself. try that first.

Post Mon Jan 16, 2006 4:53 pm   Reply with quote         

If you can see the little pop-up triangle in the lower left corner of the filter window you should be able to select the "fit on screen" option. That should resize the filter window to fit. You can also drag the title bar left or right to access what is needed to resize the window as above or to access the lower right corner that will allow you to click and drag the window to the correct size. If these option don't work then you may have to reset your monitors resolution to a higher size??? The only time that I have seen this happen is when the monitor was changed to display in a lower resolution while the app was running. That would make the windows larger than the display area. You may also correct the problem by quiting PS and restarting it.

Hope this helps...
Jerry

ETG

Post Mon Jan 16, 2006 5:11 pm   Reply with quote         

changing my screen resolution helped. Thanks guys. Now i just need to get used to this Razz
\
nvm this wont work Sad

Everything looks so different. I cant see color very well. I guess my screen just doesnt cut it Sad

Post Mon Jan 16, 2006 5:35 pm   Reply with quote         

And that's where the price-gouging 500 dollar screens come in. *Que Microsoft/Apple theme songs* Confused

Post Mon Jan 16, 2006 8:40 pm   Reply with quote         

yeah.....that sucks Sad

maybe when i buy a new computer Razz

Post Mon Jan 16, 2006 8:52 pm   Reply with quote         

Sure your screen isn't set to 256 colours now?
Should be at least 16 bit (if not more).

...currently experiencing some dysfunctional internal protocol problems.

http://diystrat.blogspot.com/
mikey

Post Tue Jan 17, 2006 11:16 am   Reply with quote         

A new monitor makes all the difference in the World Shocked you can get one for a lot less money these days Cool

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Ask the Experts - Photoshop wont cooperate. - Reply to topic