Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Do you like the new display change? - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2  Next

?

Yes

66%

66%

[ 20 ]

No

33%

33%

[ 10 ]

Total Votes: 30

Post Wed Jan 18, 2006 6:02 pm   Reply with quote         

I'm talking about having the titles of every picture displayed above it.

Post Wed Jan 18, 2006 6:04 pm   Reply with quote         

I rather have a tiny bit more clutter so that we can see the titles before hand

Post Wed Jan 18, 2006 6:28 pm   Reply with quote         

I like it! Very Happy

Post Wed Jan 18, 2006 6:49 pm   Reply with quote         

I think it needs a change of color, font, and/or size.

Post Wed Jan 18, 2006 7:32 pm   Reply with quote         

I think having the name of the contest or a persons title for their image on top doesn't look right. JHM on the "photoshop contest" - all winners page it has the contest title below the picture....which is where it should be. Remember how many times you are going to have to look at the title above the image...then strain ur eyes down below the image to see the other information. It would seem logical to make it all uniformly the same. Just my thoughts.

-db

P.S. In the memberlist page at the bottom...It takes forever to locate members by clicking on (1,2,3..........127,128,129). Can we have a down menu with the numbered pages 1-129). I know we can do a search....but it might be nice to use a drop menu here.

P.P.S - Rome wasn't built in a day...but we all can build a better PSC if we work together.

Post Wed Jan 18, 2006 7:55 pm   Reply with quote         

I find it distracting.

Post Wed Jan 18, 2006 9:25 pm   Reply with quote         

yeah, DoaC has something. I think a less bold font would make it more appealing

Post Wed Jan 18, 2006 9:34 pm   Reply with quote         

I think its a great idea! Cool ~ Gives people incentive to be more creative with their titles ~ Wink

Caldera

Post Wed Jan 18, 2006 9:36 pm   Reply with quote         

I like it jMH Smile

jmh132
Site Moderator

Post Wed Jan 18, 2006 9:45 pm   Reply with quote         

I agree that the font/placement needs some tweaking. I will mess with it over the next day or so and see what looks better.

The memberlist is part of phpbb. I am no longer making edits/mods to the phpbb install as they are releasing a new major version soon. When they do, I see what changes still need to be made and possibly make some of them.

Thank all of your for solid feedback on this.

dbbowling wrote:
I think having the name of the contest or a persons title for their image on top doesn't look right. JHM on the "photoshop contest" - all winners page it has the contest title below the picture....which is where it should be. Remember how many times you are going to have to look at the title above the image...then strain ur eyes down below the image to see the other information. It would seem logical to make it all uniformly the same. Just my thoughts.

-db

P.S. In the memberlist page at the bottom...It takes forever to locate members by clicking on (1,2,3..........127,128,129). Can we have a down menu with the numbered pages 1-129). I know we can do a search....but it might be nice to use a drop menu here.

P.P.S - Rome wasn't built in a day...but we all can build a better PSC if we work together.

FootFungas

Post Wed Jan 18, 2006 10:44 pm   Reply with quote         

It should be under the thumbnail

Post Wed Jan 18, 2006 11:40 pm   Reply with quote         

I like the changes and I like Mikey's reply that it'll make people more creative with their titles as well. That's part of the fun. The other change I noticed is that on entries you've already voted on, it's now whitish instead of reddish (on PC only). I always stayed away from making red images due to that. On mac platform, I just get a red outline around the images I've voted on. Interesting. But, yea, I like the changes. Thank you! Very Happy

Post Thu Jan 19, 2006 12:04 am   Reply with quote         

I used to have them all-red too, Eve, but for a few months now, its just been a red outline, and I use Windows...dont know what thats all about

Post Thu Jan 19, 2006 1:30 am   Reply with quote         

Much better on the bottom.

ScionShade

Post Thu Jan 19, 2006 1:41 am   Reply with quote         

Dear Mr.jmh,
Moving them to the bottom was a great idea. It looks
totally classy and Not at all pretentious now.NICE!
Yours in perpetuity,
Sconshade Esquire

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Do you like the new display change? - Reply to topic