Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Brain Storm - Suggestion: Leave photos open for comments... - Reply to topic

Post Tue Dec 27, 2005 7:42 pm   Reply with quote         

after the contest closes. I don't think it'll put any undo strain on your bandwidth or server. If you don't like that suggestion, how about leaving photos open for comment for just an additional week after the voting ends?

Post Tue Dec 27, 2005 8:13 pm   Reply with quote         

I actually think that would be a nice thing to do. I have wanted to comment on chops several times, only to notice that its too late. I don't know if this would be a hard thing to change, but yes, I think this has a better chance of becoming a reality, as its not a huge change that would totally change the way this place runs.

Post Tue Dec 27, 2005 8:38 pm   Reply with quote         

I like this Idea. It would be great to have people leave more comments on my entries.....I can't afford Advantage so my work is in for only a couple of hours Sad. On a different note, does everyone automitically see contest entries by most votes or just me? I think it would be better to have them come up by most recent first.....thus leveling the playing a field a bit for those that dont have time to chop the pic before its posted.

Post Tue Dec 27, 2005 11:56 pm   Reply with quote         

ETG wrote:
I like this Idea. It would be great to have people leave more comments on my entries.....I can't afford Advantage so my work is in for only a couple of hours Sad. On a different note, does everyone automitically see contest entries by most votes or just me? I think it would be better to have them come up by most recent first.....thus leveling the playing a field a bit for those that dont have time to chop the pic before its posted.

There's 3 different modes you can view entries in: Default (the ones posted earliest are shown first), Most Votes (it displays them in declining vote order), and Most Recent (the opposite of default). You can change your modes by clicking them right underneath the source picture.

ETG

Post Wed Dec 28, 2005 12:20 am   Reply with quote         

Yeah I know there modes, the thing is the first entries you see no matter what are the best ones. They have been there longer and have had longer time to work on it in most cases. Sure you can click on most recent, but getting a peek at the best ones right away creates impulse voters, like me Confused . If the most recent ones were set to the default order then maybe mine could be seen first. Very Happy

Post Wed Dec 28, 2005 1:09 am   Reply with quote         

You'll just have to break into the top 4. >_>

TheShaman

Post Wed Dec 28, 2005 1:52 pm   Reply with quote         

like the idea, esp since i'm always gone on the weekends and when I come back on monday, sometimes a contest is closed and I cannot comment back to people who voted for me

Post Wed Dec 28, 2005 3:07 pm   Reply with quote         

How often do you go back and look at your images from 4 days ago?
I dont. I bet most dont.

Whats the sense of leaving a comment when no one will see it?

Post Wed Dec 28, 2005 4:45 pm   Reply with quote         

Showcase wrote:
How often do you go back and look at your images from 4 days ago?
I dont. I bet most dont.

Whats the sense of leaving a comment when no one will see it?

The reason that I don't go back and look is because the comments are closed...

Post Thu Dec 29, 2005 12:49 pm   Reply with quote         

Any admins want to comment on the idea?

jmh132
Site Moderator

Post Thu Feb 09, 2006 11:49 pm   Reply with quote         

yes, I did not like it at first, but it has grown on me. It has been done. We may have to restrict them to a week or so, or not. Let's see how it goes for a bit. Thanks for the ideas, and thank billtvshow for helping me see the light and try this one.

Death of a Clown wrote:
Any admins want to comment on the idea?

Post Fri Feb 10, 2006 12:59 am   Reply with quote         

cuel.

Post Fri Feb 10, 2006 7:20 am   Reply with quote         

Better! Very Happy

Post Fri Feb 10, 2006 7:43 am   Reply with quote         

you see! there realy is a god and he does listen

Hallcross Toots

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Brain Storm - Suggestion: Leave photos open for comments... - Reply to topic