Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - A Message To All Canadians! - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

seamusoisin

Post Mon Jan 23, 2006 10:40 am   Reply with quote         

Claf wrote:
Michel wrote:
And you better vote for the lesser evil, because if you don't the consequences will be bad, bad, bad.

Laughing Laughing Laughing
Yeah! Somewhere, it makes really no difference in our life!

Sad but true, no use getting angry.

http://burlingtonscwt.wordpress.com/

Be my assbook friend
yello_piggy

Post Mon Jan 23, 2006 10:43 am   Reply with quote         

I couldnt life in a system with only two political parties. In Austria we have at least six parties that can be elected, and even with six it is not simple to find your opinion again. at the moment there is a coalition of conservatives and neo-liberals (with ultra-nationalist roots). in opposition there are the social-democrats, the greens, the ultra-nationalists. at the elections you can also vote for the communist-party which had huge gains at the last elections in Vienna.
I dont understand, that people (like in canada) would vote for "one of the evil" before they start voting for alternatives. what about the young people there? are they video-gambling, burger-eating, ring-tone-downloading zombies without interests in their future? Sad

sage

Post Mon Jan 23, 2006 12:29 pm   Reply with quote         

actually, we've got more than just a couple of parties in Canada:

http://www.synapse.net/radio/can-pol.htm

Post Mon Jan 23, 2006 1:27 pm   Reply with quote         

Usually, we have a system of one political party. But the Liberals were doing so bad... now there's another party in the race.
Here, people generally dont try to find their opinion, but only enough influenced by the medias. And the medias dont talk enough about the other parties...
Here, most of the time, the only thing politicians are able to say is to criticize & to discredit the other parties & leaders.
Logically, if we have to believe in all that bullshit, the evidence is that they are all incompetent.
With that "funny circus", I think that maybe generally the young people are too smart to think that politics is something really serious! Raising Brow

Hey Sage! You have a new job? Smile
What... where...?

sage

Post Mon Jan 23, 2006 6:11 pm   Reply with quote         

Yeah! I start on the 30th (next week). Graphic coordinator at a pharmaceutical company, and I don't even have to cut my hair! Laughing

ScionShade

Post Mon Jan 23, 2006 6:45 pm   Reply with quote         

Well? What are we gonna do? Conservatives trying to
run right over the constitution with violating everyone's privacy>..
Liberals actually running over the constitution, having turned the judiciary
into an unchallenged legislature?
It's actually happening, all the idiots started calling us a democracy.
in an attempt to get away with crap, and given time, all the people fell for it.
Incredible, the masses are so easily mislead-- The USofA IS NOT--well at least WAS NOT A DEMOCRACY, we WERE a "Constitutional Republic"!
Anyway, looks like we are all headed in the same direction,
Thomas Jefferson knew it two hundred years ago, we
ALL shoulda listened to him,
the "corporations" are gonna end up running everything,
just for the sake of our children, lets hope it's not
Japanese corporations that win out in the end.
'FREEDOM!" or something like it. Shocked

Michel

Post Mon Jan 23, 2006 7:50 pm   Reply with quote         

piggy, the problem in Canada and its provinces is that the elections are not proportional representation systems; so nobody wants to vote for third parties because they have close to no chance of getting in.

claf, I was serious about voting for the lesser evil. To the people who ask themselves if the Conservatives can really be worse than the Liberals, I say, yes, of course they are! A minority Liberal government is like a dream come true. They are bad, but don't have much power to do their evil deeds.

splodge

Post Mon Jan 23, 2006 8:02 pm   Reply with quote         

buy flash, then move to the UK

Hallcross Toots
seamusoisin

Post Mon Jan 23, 2006 8:52 pm   Reply with quote         

Michel wrote:
piggy, the problem in Canada and its provinces is that the elections are not proportional representation systems; so nobody wants to vote for third parties because they have close to no chance of getting in.

claf, I was serious about voting for the lesser evil. To the people who ask themselves if the Conservatives can really be worse than the Liberals, I say, yes, of course they are! A minority Liberal government is like a dream come true. They are bad, but don't have much power to do their evil deeds.

Hi just returned from work and yes I voted. I agree with everything here, unfortuneatly we live in a real world with all the problems that come with this. I am probably much older than most of the other Canucks on the site and I have seen it all, from Trudeau, October crisis, and a whole bunch of others, what is important is that we don't give up, we have to persever and try no matter what the obstacles are to make this a better place. Politicians are the last ones to realize that the world changes, most of them are driven by ego and intelligence is not one of their top qualities. I have met many in my business and have never found one that I would hire to sweep the floor for me. I mean no disrespect to janitors and professional cleaners by mentioning this as most of them are hard working people who do more than any politician has ever done.

Oh yeah Sage knock'em dead I'm sure you will!

Cheers to all working people and may they be rid of the Slime that inflicts us all!

http://burlingtonscwt.wordpress.com/

Be my assbook friend

Post Mon Jan 23, 2006 8:58 pm   Reply with quote         

ScionShade wrote:
...lets hope it's not Japanese corporations that win out in the end.

Yeah! Mmmm... I think in the future, we have to take a closer look to the Chineses!

Yes Michel, you're absolutely right. But those Conservatives cant be there more than 4 years, I'm pretty sure!

Post Mon Jan 23, 2006 9:24 pm   Reply with quote         

yello_piggy wrote:
what about the young people there? are they video-gambling, burger-eating, ring-tone-downloading zombies without interests in their future? Sad

All the retards my age are...I say the world is doomed, not because of politics itself, but mainly because the ignorance of my peers. Pretty bad coming from a 16 year old, huh?

Post Mon Jan 23, 2006 9:29 pm   Reply with quote         

buy flash and stay in canaidia, i personaly dont give a shit

Hallcross Toots
Michel

Post Tue Jan 24, 2006 12:55 am   Reply with quote         

Ô Canada!

Post Tue Jan 24, 2006 1:04 am   Reply with quote         

Hahahahaha! HEIL HARPER! Laughing Embarassed Sad Crying or Very sad Evil or Very Mad

Post Tue Jan 24, 2006 1:46 am   Reply with quote         

it's Quebec's fault

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - A Message To All Canadians! - Reply to topic