Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Ask the Experts - lil help - Reply to topic

gsaenz

Post Fri Jan 27, 2006 10:01 am   Reply with quote         

Im trying to run a batch process to rezise and save some images. However, when i'm recording the process it always asks me for jpeg options, I cant remember how to get this pop up to go away for this process.

Exactly what I'm doing;
open image, start recording action, resize, save jpeg (jpeg options window comes up) save close, stop recording.
I tried opening all the images and hitting the play button on the actions, then i tried running the batch and both ways photoshop asks me for the jpeg options window.....

anyway to get rid of this window? or another, easier way to do this?

thanks

splodge

Post Fri Jan 27, 2006 11:28 am   Reply with quote         

i save as a photo album,
file > automate > web photo gallry... > browse to the folder you want resizing, distination any empty folder > delete thumbnails, pages, and index, you are left with a folder full of resized .jpegs Very Happy
this way you can control image size, compresion, rename or leave original file name

Hallcross Toots
TofuTheGreat

Post Fri Jan 27, 2006 12:27 pm   Reply with quote         

Ever tried "IrfanView"? It handles batch processing of all images in a directory very well. Plus it's free!

http://irfanview.com/

Oh and you don't have to do all images in a directory. You can tell it which images to process before starting the batch. If all your doing is resizing then I HIGHLY recommend it. You can also direct the batch output to a different directory to keep from overwriting your originals.

Download it and take a look. PM me if you need assistance with it.

sage

Post Fri Jan 27, 2006 12:34 pm   Reply with quote         

when you automate batch, and the dialogue box appears, is the "override actions save as commands" options clicked? If not, try clicking it, then running your action.

Just a stab in the dark...

gsaenz

Post Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:47 pm   Reply with quote         

Splodge-
I will try using that, I did see it and played with it a little, and was thinking on doing that if nothing else works.

TofuTheGreat-
No, never heard of that program, sounds like it will do just what i want, unfortunately I dont have internet at home (i disconnected it so I force myself to go out more) and at work they block most websites (not sure how they determine which one to block and which one to allow), I think its time to use proxy...

Sage-
I did see that and I did run it with both, checked and unchecked, and both ask me for the jpeg save options..
Great minds think alike.....

Thanks for the tips.

TofuTheGreat

Post Fri Jan 27, 2006 2:07 pm   Reply with quote         

gsaenz wrote:
TofuTheGreat-
No, never heard of that program, sounds like it will do just what i want, unfortunately I dont have internet at home (i disconnected it so I force myself to go out more) and at work they block most websites (not sure how they determine which one to block and which one to allow), I think its time to use proxy...

That's a bummer. IrfanView is a fantastic utility for quickly cropping and resizing images. It supports a whole slew of image formats too. If you can find a way to download it I highly recommend it.

Otherwise the file size of the install program is only 884.5K. I can zip it and send it via email if you'd like? Zipping would keep it from being flagged as an executable (assuming your email at work can handle attachments that size). The zip file is 879KB.

Also, as long as you can get to PSC I've put it (the Zipped install) on my web server at work. Clicky here to download and see if it gets you by the proxy problems.

gsaenz

Post Mon Jan 30, 2006 9:46 am   Reply with quote         

Thanks Tofu I got the file and will try it out tonight.

Cheers,

GS

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Ask the Experts - lil help - Reply to topic