Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Brain Storm - Chopper Profile Threads [Idea] - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

What to do, What to do

Make a "Sticky" directory thread and "Unsticky" the actual profiles

25%

25%

[ 8 ]

Make a seperate section in the forums just for profiles

38%

38%

[ 12 ]

Leave them as is

9%

9%

[ 3 ]

Do something...please...anything.

25%

25%

[ 8 ]

Total Votes: 31

Showcase

Post Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:15 pm   Reply with quote         

Can we do something about all the chopper profile threads? I do like them but we're getting a whole lotta clutter at the start of the fun and games forum and some of its old news.

Blueker said there was supposed to be a special section set up just for them.
I guess I kinda hope not. as we seem to have enough sections already.

What if we had a SINGLE sticky thread in whatever section they should be in and that thread was simply titled "Chopper Profiles Directory" or something.

In this thread, there would be an explanation about what a "profile" was, who to contact about wanting to have yours done and...AND...

a listing...like this

1. BillTVShow
  2. TheShaman
  3. TheBeghin
  4. ReyRey
  5. Jerry717
  6. Nancers
  7. Alex
  8. Marcoballistic
  9. Etc
  10. Etc
  11. Etc

Blueker could even add a little blub after each link.
Once he completes a new profile, he can then come back to this "Directory" thread and just add the info.

Seems like something like this might be a bit more neat and tidy.
I dont know. Just one of my stupid ideas.
Use the poll and be heard!

Post Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:36 pm   Reply with quote         

i allways like everything to be ordered, including forums. I'm with you on your idea, how can it be bad to clean things up a little.

Post Tue Jan 31, 2006 6:42 pm   Reply with quote         

correct you are. Just what I was beginning to think!

Post Tue Jan 31, 2006 6:43 pm   Reply with quote         

I would vote FOR your idea but you're giviing yourself the thumbs-down. Wink

ReyRey

Post Tue Jan 31, 2006 6:52 pm   Reply with quote         

Sounds Great Smile

Netwel

Post Tue Jan 31, 2006 7:21 pm   Reply with quote         

I think it's most easy and most clear to put all profiles into a separate profile section.
I dont really understand what you mean with the directory-thing but if it is similar to putting all profiles into one single thread I think it will be harder to find back and retrieve interviews. It will also be harder to distinguish any answer in the thread from a new chopper-profile; for example if you're browsing the frontpage they will both apear to be new posts in the same topic, one might be more interested in one or the other though.

Post Tue Jan 31, 2006 7:43 pm   Reply with quote         

Netwel, he describes it pretty clearly. it wouldn't be a thread at all, it would simply be another page on the site that has hyperlinks to all the interviews. This way, it would be vastly easier to read the interviews. It would have a link to it from the homepage most likely, so it would beeasy to find them, and they wouldn't run together, if thats what you're asking. they would each be separate. hope that cleared it up a bit.

Post Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:05 pm   Reply with quote         

Haha, now I understand it. thanks Mason, it's clear.
I still see no problem in a separate profile section, but showcase's idea is good as (net) well.

Post Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:10 pm   Reply with quote         

well, as usual, I didnt explain it well...Imma make an example thread....

here...
http://photoshopcontest.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=3813

Its really simple.

One "*Sticky" topic in the Fun and Games that links to all the other "non-sticky" chopper profile topics. Thats all.

The list of topics in a particular section of this forum are sorted by last commet made. A sticky topic is one that stays at the top of the topic list of a forum section no matter when the last comment was made. You can see an example of this in the Fun and Games section with all the profile threads. They say "Sticky" in the title.

Post Tue Jan 31, 2006 11:42 pm   Reply with quote         

ah, so it would be a thread? I thought you meant actually adding a page to the site and adding a link to it. Like the stats page, for example. I think that would be even better than a thread, and it shouldn't be that hard to do, if JMH wanted to.

Post Tue Jan 31, 2006 11:54 pm   Reply with quote         

Profiles dont mean anything but to members. why not just keep them in the forums?
using the forums, JMH doesnt even have to be involved...thats all Im saying.

Post Wed Feb 01, 2006 12:18 am   Reply with quote         

ok, I just thought you meant actually incorporating them into the site as another feature. your way still makes sense. Apparently I misunderstood you as well. So who are you appealing to then to make that thread? Blue_Lurker?

Post Wed Feb 01, 2006 12:46 am   Reply with quote         

Anyone who will listen Mason! ANYONE! Razz

just the "community" in general...to see if I was the only one. thats all.
If nothing gets done, I wont lose sleep...ok, I will but its more because of that thing Blue Lurker said in the "Where/When do you chop" thread... *shivers*

Post Wed Feb 01, 2006 12:54 am   Reply with quote         

lol why don't you make it, then? I'm all for it, and i'm sure that once it was up, everyone would appreciate it. those who read the profiles, anyways. You know exactly what your talking about, so you would be the best candidate for making it.. the hardest part would probably be getting JMH to sticky it, and I doubt that that would be very difficult.

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Wed Feb 01, 2006 2:59 am   Reply with quote         

i say, make a new section, quick, easy, accessable and above all........ummmmm....nope thats it.

so yeah, I think a new section at the top is the way to go Very Happy

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Brain Storm - Chopper Profile Threads [Idea] - Reply to topic