Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Aim higher - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Micose

Post Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:58 am   Reply with quote         

what ur listening too Anfa ?
(gtg its 05:59 am here)

Post Thu Feb 02, 2006 1:20 am   Reply with quote         

Thanks for the pigeon love

anfa

Post Thu Feb 02, 2006 1:24 am   Reply with quote         

Bloc Party.

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Thu Feb 02, 2006 2:22 am   Reply with quote         

Nancers wrote:
Quote:
I find the wandering mind ends up with something like a man grabbing his crotch....

That works for me.

Good points as usual badcop. I'm guilty of all PSC sins.

And it's been a few years since my last confession.....

Leave it to a woman to put the proper prospective on things.

She's got it right.

and Anfa, I luv ya, but really truly dislike your new avie! Smile

mikey

Post Thu Feb 02, 2006 1:58 pm   Reply with quote         

This painter really aimed high Shocked (peter paul rubens) Bow Cool
http://www.photoshopcafe.com/gallery/photoshop/index.htm
This guy does some fantasic Photoshop work! Shocked

EJH

Post Thu Feb 02, 2006 2:40 pm   Reply with quote         

mikey wrote:
Francis Bacon? You sure his last name is'nt, and Eggs? middle name Bacon? Laughing

C'mon, folks... can we aim higher with the jokes here?

Wink

Caldera

Post Thu Feb 02, 2006 3:06 pm   Reply with quote         

I agree with you totally Badcop, but over the last couple of months I've developed a new attitude toward voting and the contests in general. In the end it just isn't worth it. I just don't vote for things I know were not much work (depending on the experience of the poster), or that I personally don't care for (ie; the bloodbath and blatant violent posts). Let me give you a personal example from the recent sharp tree contest.

My entry started out as trying to build a sunset from scratch, although it ended up looking like a sunset from a different planet ... which I liked even better. That contest was replete with sunset pictures, most or all of which were just sunset image pastes. Many of these left mine in the dust from a vote perspective, even though I'm sure my entry took much more time to do and involved many more PS techniques (hue/sat and color adjust clip layers, drawing the clouds from scratch, etc.). But here's the way I look at it, I now know how a build a sunset from scratch Smile I'm sure I could make a convincing realistic sunset too, it was just too fun to make a spacey one.

Ultimately, the only one you should be trying to please is yourself. You will drive yourself crazy worrying about votes and wins. These days I am elated if I just hang around the first page, because then I know more people will see an image I really liked, and enjoyed doing.

The one thing I like to do is look at the late entries, and newbies posts, and spread some votes around there. I think this encourages people to keep entering. I vote for entries here I would never vote for if it was an Anfa, Rey, Serps, Claf or Marco pic ... but they deserve some love too.

Anyway, this is a worhtwhile subject to look at now and again but it will never be perfect. And as Blue said, we all can use the votes as we wish. I have sinned worse than Nance, but was forgiven ... and ultimately feel that I got a better perspective for the experience.

As the surfers say, move like a jellyfish Cool

Micose

Post Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:46 pm   Reply with quote         

I have to support you mate... haha... I like to take time to watch at the bottom of the list,...there sometimes are pearls, and we forget to consider the fact of advantage or not (even if it's a subject very known), ... parenthesis : I have no advantage stuff , so i have to work over-fast...) ..
Hey Mickey, the guy you put the link is a good student... for sure haha...great skills...but not the shadow of an arttist, may be more an artisan witth industrial sketchs skills ... not a good example foi think for people here.... but thx man I appreciate the scalpel-style too.... Very Happy
wendysmurfie

Post Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:04 pm   Reply with quote         

Interesting discussion here, my opinion as a newbee is that everyone should use there votes as they wish. BUT... as a newbie i sure like it if i get votes from the "greater" artists on this site. Reason for that is that i know then that my skills are being rated and not my sense of humor. For me that is very important because i came here to learn and not to see that i get votes because i make funny images.

So votes are important to me if they are based on what people think of the image and skills used. Not if they depend on how hard people laugh when seeing it. Although a nice combination of these 2 is good to.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Aim higher - Reply to topic