Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Profile announcement - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2  Next

blue_lurker

Post Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:48 pm   Reply with quote         

Over the last few weeks I have had some PC trouble Sad , couple of crashes and a few start up problems. Today my PC crashed and I had to F-disk and re-format. Because of this I have lost some Profile information...sort of. I have it all on CD backup but Im not a great one for saving stuff in any order, so it's going to take me a while to find it all.(Over 5 dvds with stuff saved on it in no order and yep great titles like, 1, 2, 3, 4...you get the idea. Confused )

Sorry to those that are waiting for a profile question update and to those that have been waiting for there profile to be posted. Once I get my PC sorted out, new hard drive by the looks, I will get back on top of the profiles. Smile

I have a few on my laptop that need completion so I will work on them for the time being and try and get on up and running for next week. Thanks for your understanding.

Blue

Post Thu Feb 02, 2006 3:00 pm   Reply with quote         

We'll be waiting patiently for more celebrity bios. >_>

Lrossa

Post Thu Feb 02, 2006 3:29 pm   Reply with quote         

I'll be looking forward to them! Keep up the wonderful stuff, handsome Aussie man! Wink

ReyRey

Post Thu Feb 02, 2006 5:09 pm   Reply with quote         

Mac!!!

Post Thu Feb 02, 2006 5:13 pm   Reply with quote         

blue_lurker wrote:
Over 5 dvds with stuff saved on it in no order and yep great titles like, 1, 2, 3, 4...you get the idea. Confused

oooh. thats nothing; I dont have a dvd burner, so I have about 20 Cd-r's with all my crap on them, and they are also called 1,2,3,4 and so forth. try managing all that! And I bet your hardrive is bigger than 40GB, too. Wink Anyways, yeah, that sucks about having to deal with that mess, get a huuuuge Harddrive, like 300GB or something. Very Happy

Post Thu Feb 02, 2006 5:48 pm   Reply with quote         

ReyRey wrote:
Mac!!!

Two words for you, Rey. And the second one is "OFF".

Laughing Razz

Post Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:48 pm   Reply with quote         

Post Thu Feb 02, 2006 8:01 pm   Reply with quote         

LOL that was funny as hell

Post Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:31 pm   Reply with quote         

LOL @ ReySquared. Very Happy

Post Fri Feb 03, 2006 4:01 pm   Reply with quote         

I can relate, lurkey. My "genius" husband recently decided that he knows how to build computers, and, instead of me taking my money to a reputable computer dealer and getting a functional, warrantied machine for slightly more than I wanted to pay, I agreed to let the husband build me "THE MACHINE" over the past few weeks.

The promise: "For about $600, you can have the sweetest machine in the world, with 2Gigs of RAM, two separate hard-drives for data protection, combined disc space of 380 Gigs, a 52X disc burner, blah blah blah, infrared, ball-less mouse, blah blah, Midi speakers, blah blah blah, 19" flatscreen, wall-mounted, completely digital monitor, blah blah blah ad infinum."

The Wife's Obvious Question: "But you're a lawyer, though. Do they teach how to build computers in English Law School? Cause over here it's just law. Remember that one episode where Homer tries to build his own car?"

The reality: Three days in: "Oh, I guess I'm going to need a copy of Windows for this thing." And so forth. Actual cost: $1200 and counting. Functional? Kinda. I have to unplug and replug the tower from the back in order for Windows to boot.

All true. Hence my sporadic entries over the past few weeks.

Anyhow, I also will wait patiently for further profiles.

ScionShade

Post Fri Feb 03, 2006 4:31 pm   Reply with quote         

Blurker,
Gort posted today, you gotta catch him while he's around.
The guy is the single most recognized personality on ALL
graphics related sites throughout the internet.
If you interview him, well, it's gonna have to be an extensive one, but a coup IMHO.
Thanks Bud

Post Fri Feb 03, 2006 5:08 pm   Reply with quote         

heh, Queen, i'll trade my store bought pc for your home-built one!

Post Sat Feb 04, 2006 8:55 am   Reply with quote         

Thanks for the heads up Shade PM sent, hope he wants to be involved.
Quick up date here, have not started any new profiles as yet, with work and the teams thing comming up wanted to do some chopping, so I am running way behind with the profiles. Sorry Confused
Will get back on track soon I promise.

couldb5150

Post Sun Feb 05, 2006 9:06 pm   Reply with quote         

DOAC........LMFAO @ the link you posted forRČ
That was classic......

couldb5150

blue_lurker

Post Sat Feb 11, 2006 9:39 am   Reply with quote         

Well mt desk top PC is now in the shop, hard drive is shoot ta shit...hope to safe what info they can. I have gone thru every dvd I saved with info and have only found a few chopper prfiles that I had saved. This means that there a re a lot of people out there that went to the trouble of answering the questions, and I have let them down by losing there infomation. For that I do apologize. Embarassed

I hope to get the profiles I have on disk sorted and ready to post as soon as possible. To those that I lost there info I will be re-sending the "New Improved Q&A" back at ya, if you dont wish to do it all over again I understand and wont hassle ya about it. Crying or Very sad I hope most people will be understanding and keep the questions coming to create the profiles. Smile

Thanks for the time and the consideration and I hope not to keep you guys waiting to long for the next profile.

Blue.

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Profile announcement - Reply to topic