Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Welcome Center - Votes - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

blue_lurker

Post Wed Feb 15, 2006 3:01 am   Reply with quote         

I
Quote:
understand that, although it's not the work that goes into an image that matters (however it usually reflects in the finished image) It's the end result which is most important, at least to me anyway

Bullshit, damn if thats the way you are going to look at an image then fine but this place is about learning and teaching, yep we bietch and blaze at times as well. Its about the style, the tech, the skill the learning. Now I know that TofuTheGreat will not take offence to this, I have watch the developement of her images and must admit that the tower/building is out of her normal style and a credit to her for trying something new and difficult.
Quote:
I see what was put into making each image, the building was let down by the background which was a light sky blue color with clouds. The idea to make it a building was also good however it was not portrayed as well as it should have been
Well then sir lets see you acheive a better effect and show me how it should be done, at least the attempt has been made. In relation to the boxing image, it has been done over and over again, even by myself. (I used Basketball not boxing)

Quote:
The boxing image... Looking back on it I gave a bad example there... however I stick to my original statement that it looks like some get more votes because the author is popular.

And thats a problem because why....people will vote for many different reasons, and I for one am just getting sick and tired of all this "VOTE BIETCHING".
For F**K sake people just enjoy the site for what it is, no fortunes are going to made or lost here, votes dont make you money, wont improve your skills and ya not gunna die because a cut and paste gets more votes than your 7 hour all source chop. Get over it and move on please.

OK...feel beter now...just vented a litle...not normal for me I know...but please lets enjoy this sote for its good points and leave the votes alone, it's getting so good damn old.

Off the binford2000 soapbox now....NEXT

blue_lurker

Post Wed Feb 15, 2006 3:11 am   Reply with quote         

Damn Im sure tofo is a she...if not then why the hell are ya wearing that dress..... Confused

supak0ma

Post Wed Feb 15, 2006 4:58 am   Reply with quote         

...and then DOAC woke up all sweaty

wendysmurfie

Post Wed Feb 15, 2006 6:24 am   Reply with quote         

What Blue said! That's exactly what i would have said
(and Tofu is a he Blue, still i want my dress back Tofu!! ) Laughing

Post Wed Feb 15, 2006 6:43 am   Reply with quote         

Damn he looks good in that little black number ya lent him then Wendy...(You look good out of that little black number Wendy Shocked )

Im in trouble now huh Confused

jefflang007

Post Wed Feb 15, 2006 7:11 am   Reply with quote         

i've got a big dick!

any one for a subject change?

http://www.langmark.com
rockprinzess

Post Wed Feb 15, 2006 7:14 am   Reply with quote         

And I want a big duck! And no that's not a typo! I mean a real ducky! Laughing

Post Wed Feb 15, 2006 7:16 am   Reply with quote         

(Whew thank god for subject changes)

splodge

Post Wed Feb 15, 2006 8:01 am   Reply with quote         

Hallcross Toots
TheShaman

Post Wed Feb 15, 2006 8:16 am   Reply with quote         

blue_lurker wrote:

And thats a problem because why....people will vote for many different reasons, and I for one am just getting sick and tired of all this "VOTE BIETCHING".
For F**K sake people just enjoy the site for what it is, no fortunes are going to made or lost here, votes dont make you money, wont improve your skills and ya not gunna die because a cut and paste gets more votes than your 7 hour all source chop. Get over it and move on please.

OK...feel beter now...just vented a litle...not normal for me I know...but please lets enjoy this sote for its good points and leave the votes alone, it's getting so good damn old.

Off the binford2000 soapbox now....NEXT

BLUE A EFFING MEN!
If you dont like something dont vote one it. like Blue said, no fortunes are going to be made or lost here, THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE ABOUT FUN AND LEARNING NEW THINGS!
& To Tofu's defense, HE doesnt even use photoshop people. plus he isnt afraid to try new things here with worry that it may fail. Shocked I take that into consideration when voting as well. Most times a 100% source image is going to beat a lets cut & paste a photo into a source picture of a TV. Rolling Eyes now if he would have put the one boxer on the floor of the 'room' (not just outside of the tv) and left mohammed ali inside the screen looking down on him... THAT would have been worthy. my 2˘

Post Wed Feb 15, 2006 8:19 am   Reply with quote         

Shocked now looking back on the vote totals, Tofudisan is one vote ahead of mine! Surprised WTF?!?!? why! Mad OMG I am so going to get pissed and bite my pillow Laughing Rolling Eyes

Post Wed Feb 15, 2006 9:12 am   Reply with quote         

blue_lurker wrote:
Bullshit, damn if thats the way you are going to look at an image then fine but this place is about learning and teaching, yep we bietch and blaze at times as well. Its about the style, the tech, the skill the learning. Now I know that TofuTheGreat will not take offence to this, I have watch the developement of her images and must admit that the tower/building is out of her normal style and a credit to her for trying something new and difficult.

First of all, until you can learn to read and correctly interpret a post shut the fuck up. I said "however it usually reflects in the finished image" meaning that the work pays of in most cases however there are times where too many techniques makes an image tacky. Also yes I have seen TofuTheGreats' other work before I commented on the one I did,

blue_lurker wrote:
Well then sir lets see you acheive a better effect and show me how it should be done, at least the attempt has been made. In relation to the boxing image, it has been done over and over again, even by myself. (I used Basketball not boxing)

That is a very weak point from you the whole "you can't talk till we see you can do better" I don't want to fucking Photoshop some skies and clouds as I do whatever the fuck I want. If there is another competition that requires it then I'll do it, but just for you, isn't going to happen.

blue_lurker wrote:

At which point did I say "I care about the votes" No where! Next time you see me post read what I type twice so you don't say stupid things. As for improving skills I agree the votes wont do a thing.

TofuTheGreat

Post Wed Feb 15, 2006 9:20 am   Reply with quote         

TheShaman wrote:
Shocked now looking back on the vote totals, Tofudisan is one vote ahead of mine! Surprised WTF?!?!? why! Mad OMG I am so going to get pissed and bite my pillow Laughing Rolling Eyes

Sean that literally made me laugh out loud! Funniest damn timing I've seen in a while. I'm so glad no one's here or they would think I'd gone mental (or at least more mental).

As for everyone else, let's ease off Dark/. He (I'm assuming he with the name Alex but I could be wrong) noted that I PM'd him. I PM'd him to ask what he'd suggest I do to improve my chop. He came back with some excellent tips.

You all know me by now (except apparently blurker Wink ). I can hold a grudge like I can hold a greased pig (no that's not an offer Reinman). Dark/ was just making a point that he thought was valid. It's not his fault that the topic has come up here a brazillion times before. How was he supposed to know that?

Did you guys see his chop? It's great! Let's not chase him off before we get to see more of his work!

blue_lurker

Post Wed Feb 15, 2006 9:33 am   Reply with quote         

You dont get it do ya!!

Quote:
First of all, until you can learn to read and correctly interpret a post shut the fuck up. I said "however it usually reflects in the finished image" meaning that the work pays of in most cases however there are times where too many techniques makes an image tacky

Look mate first of all no need to get personel. You had to re-address your statement here to get your point across ie. "meaning that the work pays of in most cases however there are times where too many techniques makes an image tacky". So it did need to be expanded on. Not to worry I always say shit that dont maKe sense. In regards to my interpretation on images I will let my portfolio and my Rep here speak for itself.
Quote:
That is a very weak point from you the whole "you can't talk till we see you can do better" I don't want to fucking Photoshop some skies and clouds as I do whatever the fuck I want. If there is another competition that requires it then I'll do it, but just for you, isn't going to happen.

It was not a statemnet on your skills becasue I can not form a judjment on your skills as you only have a single image entered as of yet, it was a request if there was a better way to acheive the effect then write a tute do an image. Yes you can do what you want but are you capable of doing what you say. I know I shoot my mouth off all the time.
Quote:
At which point did I say "I care about the votes" No where! Next time you see me post read what I type twice so you don't say stupid things. As for improving skills I agree the votes wont do a thing.

As you are very new here you wont know that this subject gets raised every few days or so, and if you had read my post it said "look people" not "Darkslash". But you did title this topic as "Votes", so most people here would asume its about votes...sorry if I read it wrong but gee lifes like that.

Lastly if ya are going to make a statement in a forume try and use some manners you can cuss if ya want but try to use it more constructivly. Now I have spent way to much time on this issue. Enjoy your time here at PSC but please dont take every thing so personel cause it will kill ya in the end.

TofuTheGreat

Post Wed Feb 15, 2006 9:42 am   Reply with quote         

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Welcome Center - Votes - Reply to topic