Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - Photoshop text problem! - Reply to topic

DaVinci

Post Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:27 am   Reply with quote         

Hi, I have this problem with text in photoshop! When I type something, the text is very uhm how do you say this..pixely Question bad quality! Like in my entry today, I made a photo of my hands with a book...and I wrote "ticketbook" on it, but the quality isn't all that! and when I push enter so it goed a row down, well that doesn't work anymore! strange! Can someone tell me what's wrong?!

Cheers!

clantoncs

Post Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:40 am   Reply with quote         

I saw a tutorial about this the other day. I'll try to find it again. Text will get jitters when you rotate it or resize it. to get rid of this, just right click on the layer and rasterize it. That way it won't be as jittery when you rotate, move, resize or do whatever to it.
You can't edit the text after you rasterize it, though, so beware.

This is just a simple answer. The hardcore PS guys probably know a lot better what you're talking about.

-Chris

FootFungas

Post Mon Mar 20, 2006 2:01 pm   Reply with quote         

well there are types of texts that are supposed to look pixlated

Post Mon Mar 20, 2006 2:31 pm   Reply with quote         

pixely jittery! Laughing almost sounds like jibidi jibida and goodbye for now!

or you make the text a .jpg in a new document (don't close cause you will get a background color if you reopen it) and then put it in your chop... then you can do all you want with it,... only not edit as text anymore. Not sure if it works, but i think it will. Okey don't listen to me , i don't know that stuff cause i dont use text much in photoshop Laughing Just sounds like i know something... i like that idea! Very Happy

Post Mon Mar 20, 2006 2:54 pm   Reply with quote         

Use a huge font size. Add some gaussian blur, rasterize type and then resize and transform.

supak0ma

Post Mon Mar 20, 2006 2:57 pm   Reply with quote         

click on the T in the tool palette, on the options palette check the drop down list with two small "a"s

thbeghin

Post Mon Mar 20, 2006 3:06 pm   Reply with quote         

i don't know which version of ps you use, but if it's more than 6.0, text is vector: it means that as long as you don't rasterize it, you can rotate, resize etc, without losing quality. Have you tried the anti-aliasing settings?

Janitor

Post Mon Mar 20, 2006 3:25 pm   Reply with quote         

Ok, I can't add anything to thbegin's comments other than
I feel your pain on this one. Sad

Yeah I used to hate anything I did with text with PS 4, 6 and 7. I noticed when I added fonts early on and then made the picture smaller the fonts looked real crapy. I also noticed I didn't loose as much resolution of the fonts if added them last and kept them as fonts (not rasterized).

Now that I have CS I have found it to be less crappy in handling rasterised fonts but then now I'm in the habit of not adding them until later in my creative process.

DaVinci

Post Tue Mar 21, 2006 7:03 am   Reply with quote         

Alright people, thanks for the tips 'n tricks! I used PS CS at first but it ain't work no more...so now, back to the oldschool PS 7 Very Happy

Post Tue Mar 21, 2006 11:40 pm   Reply with quote         

My type Layers appear jaggied. How can I correct this?

More than often its becuase an anti-alliasing option is not specified.

To correct this first select the 'Type Tool (T).
Then choose from an anti-aliasing option from the aa dropdown selection list.

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - Photoshop text problem! - Reply to topic