Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - a New York get together??? - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Micose

Post Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:55 pm   Reply with quote         

poor Mason poor Geony poor ME.... I d like tbe her too..;arrrggg...
Hey Mason will you pm me when you come to Paris ok ?

Post Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:11 pm   Reply with quote         

If I have access to a pc when I'm there, I will definately get on and say hi. Even if I am invited Tiff, I don't know if I'll be able to go to any bars with you guys. Laughing Shocked Crying or Very sad dammit, maybe being young isn't so fun...

Post Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:32 pm   Reply with quote         

cool

Post Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:47 pm   Reply with quote         

Hmm...food...yall are making me hungry. I will have a double...rounds for everyone Very Happy

Post Fri Mar 10, 2006 12:23 am   Reply with quote         

very cuel, Db. good luck

Post Fri Mar 10, 2006 12:49 am   Reply with quote         

Wow this got big fast. Luckily there's still a couple of months for New York to prepare for you freaks...be gentle with us, we're fragile...

I spent a week at the Doubletree Club Suites in Jersey City once, stayed there for 1-3 nights on lots of occasions, love that place. Great rates, and they're not lying when they say it's only 5 minutes from Manhattan...it really is. The train is directly across the street, and it's the PATH train which is wonderfully clean and easy to navigate. That's my hands-down advice on hotels. You'll get a fat suite for about half what they want in midtown, and midtown is five minutes away. Plus if you stay in Manhattan, you don't really get a view of Manhattan. Stay in JC or Brooklyn and you get a skyline...worth it.

Anyone who wants specific info can feel free to PM me...for some insane reason I enjoy playing tour guide around here, like it's a house I decorated or something. I expect each and every one of you to thank me profusely for the very electricity in the air.

I joke, I joke.

Post Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:33 am   Reply with quote         

Thanks for the help Queen. Looks like the best way is to fly in to Newark Int. Airport. From the airport...its only 9 miles to the doubletree. That should be perfect. I can easily make it into town for the race....then afterwords meet up with the rest of the PSC group for drinks.

Post Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:45 am   Reply with quote         

Hey Mason...

Send the washcloth down to me in houston. I will take it up to New York so we can all sign it together. Just a thought.

-db

nubie

Post Fri Mar 10, 2006 2:22 am   Reply with quote         

where do I learn the story of this washcloth?

mere_artist

Post Fri Mar 10, 2006 2:26 am   Reply with quote         

great choice, i love burrito loco... i haven't been there in years. that would be perfect. It's small enough that we can talk without having to scream at each other and the food is very good and reasonably priced. there are a gazillion and one things to do and see in every one of the gazillion and one neighborhoods in manhattan and that area is one of the nicest. washington square park (yes the park that david lee roth got arrested in for trying to buy a nickel bag of pot) is right down the block, Soho is only a few more blocks away as well as chinatown and little italy and there are a ton of art galleries in the vicinity. Be forewarned, it's old new york, the streets can get a little confusing there, they're not numbered and in a grid like most of manhattan, so make sure you bring a map. there's another mexican place called flying burrito brothers on the same block, so make sure you go to the right one. If you are going to be there for lunch, I highly recommend Da Nico on Mulberry street in little italy. http://www.danicoristorante.com/home.php
If you are spending a week here, I recommend going to Central Park, Times Square, The Empire State Building, The WTC site, Yankee Stadium and The South Street Seaport. The Metropolitan Museum of Art and The Museum of Natural History and Planetarium (with the only complete T-Rex fossil in the world) are both awesome and the admission price is a suggested donation, meaning they tell you the price of admission and ask you how much you want to pay. You can pay a dollar if you want. The Intrepid Museum on 46th is really cool too for any history / NASA / military buffs / Top Gun wannabes. It's a full size world war 2 aircraft carrier that has been converted into a museum. The Statue of Liberty is nice too, but you can't go up to the top anymore and you have to get there really early in the day to get to go inside at all. If you have the money and love a great steak, take a taxi or a walk over the brooklyn bridge and go to Peter Luger's.
http://peterluger.com/ Bring cash because they don't accept credit cards.

Queen La Tiff

Post Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:01 am   Reply with quote         

Wait...they can arrest you for buying pot in Washington Square Park now?!? Times change, man.

Post Sat Mar 11, 2006 12:21 am   Reply with quote         

dbbowling wrote:
Hey Mason...

Send the washcloth down to me in houston. I will take it up to New York so we can all sign it together. Just a thought.

-db

Now that it is really, really urgent, i'm going to beat on some people until they go and take those stupid camera to be developed. give me a time frame, though. I don't want to send it too late.

Post Sat Mar 11, 2006 12:28 am   Reply with quote         

Mason ...i'm near Paris...
Micose

Post Sat Mar 11, 2006 12:31 am   Reply with quote         

I'll take u see Pigalle's chicks...K? Cool

Post Sat Mar 11, 2006 12:37 am   Reply with quote         

Heh, that'd be awesome. If only I could escape my family...Hey guys, I'm gonna go out in Paris by myself tonight!! see ya later! ha, not my parents. Crying or Very sad Unless...I always considered running away in Europe if we ever went over there. Always seemed like it'd be really interesting. Laughing

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - a New York get together??? - Reply to topic