Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Roll-Canvas - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 39, 40, 41  Next

Would PSC members be interested in making a similar Roll Over?

Yes

72%

72%

[ 39 ]

No

12%

12%

[ 7 ]

Go back to taking mountain pictures and leave us alone!

14%

14%

[ 8 ]

Total Votes: 54

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Fri Jul 14, 2006 4:48 pm   Reply with quote         

Sorry for seeming totally dense here, but my question is some people, (including yourself) who are already on the Scroll, want to make a second image? Is that what you're saying?

anfa

Post Fri Jul 14, 2006 4:50 pm   Reply with quote         

OK, I'm in. What do I have to do? Smile

Post Fri Jul 14, 2006 5:12 pm   Reply with quote         

Yeah, i've said 100 times i'm in for seconds. Some people want to make another image, not a duplicate though. Just multiple unrelated pieces

Post Fri Jul 14, 2006 6:24 pm   Reply with quote         

Eve wrote:
Sorry for seeming totally dense here, but my question is some people, (including yourself) who are already on the Scroll, want to make a second image? Is that what you're saying?

yup, that's what I'm saying Smile
so I made this image: Smile
now i want to make this: Shocked

existing scroll: Very Happy Smile Sad Surprised Mad Razz Embarassed Crying or Very sad
2nd go scroll Shocked Confused Confused Cool Laughing Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Rolling Eyes Wink

result: Very Happy Smile Sad Surprised Mad Razz Embarassed Crying or Very sad Shocked Confused Cool Laughing Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Rolling Eyes Wink

Post Fri Jul 14, 2006 6:30 pm   Reply with quote         

AH-HA!!!!!!!!!!!

Anfa's in!

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

ok...you're on the list. Very Happy

Why don't we just start another one? It seems weird that there will be two Grefix, two Masons, etc, etc.
This one has taken on its own personality---lots of blues and images from PSD contests.

The next one could be completely different. Hmmm

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Fri Jul 14, 2006 6:35 pm   Reply with quote         

SIXTEEN MORE TO GO!!!!!!

AS OF TODAY!!!!!!!

Post Fri Jul 14, 2006 6:53 pm   Reply with quote         

it's all up to you Eve. I think two different scrolls might actually be better, because a lot of people don't scroll through ones as long as the one we have already.

Post Fri Jul 14, 2006 7:43 pm   Reply with quote         

I say ONE scroll - ONE participation each.

Finish this one. Then we can talk about a 2nd one.

LET"S FINISH THE JOB PEOPLE AND NOT GET DISTRACTED! Very Happy

(as to a 2nd one, I'd love to participate in a SCROLL that had a bit more challenge to it: I'm thinking a time limit of 24 hours to complete your entry or you get bounced to end of line. When this site started the time limited contest entry (pre-Advantage) made entering a chop very wild and exciting. A time limit would A) get the job done quicker B) cause us to actually use our noodles and not get all "twiddly" with our entries C) keep EVE & SPLODGE from getting too much spare time, which they would surely use for purchasing of Mind Altering Substances.)

Another Idea would be a limit the sources used in a scroll... say 5 initial images that are all we can chop from for a given SCROLL. Or maybe a THEME, like BADGERS or HOUSE APPLIANCES?

So Much Possible To Be Having Now You Know!

Post Fri Jul 14, 2006 7:48 pm   Reply with quote         

But no one is getting distracted; The people who are talking about the second one are the ones that have finished their part of the first!

Post Fri Jul 14, 2006 8:27 pm   Reply with quote         

One idea behind having more than one post by the same author is to try to make the ONE scroll as LONG as possible...and to KEEP IT GOING for as LONG as possible. Why make it end?

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Fri Jul 14, 2006 8:59 pm   Reply with quote         

ReinMan wrote:
I say ONE scroll - ONE participation each.

Finish this one. Then we can talk about a 2nd one.

LET"S FINISH THE JOB PEOPLE AND NOT GET DISTRACTED! Very Happy

(as to a 2nd one, I'd love to participate in a SCROLL that had a bit more challenge to it: I'm thinking a time limit of 24 hours to complete your entry or you get bounced to end of line. When this site started the time limited contest entry (pre-Advantage) made entering a chop very wild and exciting. A time limit would A) get the job done quicker B) cause us to actually use our noodles and not get all "twiddly" with our entries C) keep EVE & SPLODGE from getting too much spare time, which they would surely use for purchasing of Mind Altering Substances.)

Another Idea would be a limit the sources used in a scroll... say 5 initial images that are all we can chop from for a given SCROLL. Or maybe a THEME, like BADGERS or HOUSE APPLIANCES?

So Much Possible To Be Having Now You Know!

Yea, I agree. One scroll at a time. But no way using start images. The beauty of this is to come up with anything you want w/out a source. (What a NOVEL concept.) Cool
More emphasis on blending the images although everyone's done a fantastic job with this one! For sure!
Reinman, if you like entering a contest with several starting images, Graphics.com puts one on every month. It's a good site...not nearly as good as PSC...still good.

I like how everyone's own personality comes across in their images w/out referencing source images.

ReinMan

Post Fri Jul 14, 2006 9:06 pm   Reply with quote         

How about that Time Limit thing then?

(I take it that BADGERS and Household Appliances would be considered "sources"? Sad )

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Fri Jul 14, 2006 9:20 pm   Reply with quote         

Were you the kid jumping up and down in the back seat of your parent's car yelling, "ARE WE THERE YET????"

Okay reasonable time limit...but Quality takes time. I think 24 hours is too short a time. How about 72 hours? (he counters with 48, I counter with 54, Splodge puts the KABASH on both of us....) Laughing Laughing Laughing

cafn8d

Post Fri Jul 14, 2006 9:25 pm   Reply with quote         

I think ReinMan's ideas sound more like a game-type scroll than the artsier type we've been doing... nothing wrong with that... just a different perspective on things. Smile For sources, we could send the person after us a source/photo s/he had to incorporate in addition to blending his/her pic in with our own....

I personally like the style of this original scroll and the idea of it neverending... but I seem to be outnumbered. Laughing

splodge

Post Sat Jul 15, 2006 5:39 am   Reply with quote         

You must of entered at least 10 pictures in the Photoshopcontests

Post your name in the scroll forum, eve will add it to the list, i will eventually add it to the list on the left.

Wait for your turn, i will contact you via PM when it's your turn, i will put a place holder with your name on it where you post will be going to save any confusion.

If i dont get a reply to my PM in 48 hours it goes to the next guy, dont start a picture if you dont think you can finish it in 7 days OR LESS, If you're busy let me know, you can join in later.

You can ONLY download the picture you will be blending with from the .HTML/WORM version they are all saved at hi-res.

Send your finished picture to SPLODGE, not the next guy, diferent pic hosts do diferent things to the pictures, making my job of re blending all the harder

If the waiting list gets to long i will ask someone to start a "Break Away" group, then one lucky guy gets the job of joining the two sets together.

If you want to send the next guy any parts that may help them get started, just do it, no prob's with that.

BASICLY

1. sign up
2. wait
3. complain about waiting so long
4. wait some more
5. receive word from Splodge that it's your turn
6. make a pretty picture that connects seamlessly with the picture before yours
7. send back to Splodge
8. brag.
9. annoy your friends by trying to recruit them to join
10. be happy.

Hallcross Toots

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 39, 40, 41  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Roll-Canvas - Reply to topic