Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Brain Storm - How about a "buy prints" feature? - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:56 am   Reply with quote         

That way PSC's artists can sell their work and make some money, while PSC which provides the service would also take a cut of the money. I admit that I take the idea directly from DA and other similar websites that boast the feature. I don't know how feasible it is to get a service like that up and running.

We'd obviously have to have strict guidelines on what chops can be submitted as prints. A lot of our members (myself included when free stock sites fail me) use images pulled of Google, which many times are copyrighted. These obviously couldn't be put up for prints. A quality control would probably have to be put in place as well.

I know that there are many chops that have been submitted that I would personally like to have hanging on my wall. I don't know about you guys.

supak0ma

Post Mon Mar 13, 2006 4:29 am   Reply with quote         

the problem resides mainly in the low resolution which will result in very small prints.

marcoballistic

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Mon Mar 13, 2006 7:28 am   Reply with quote         

yeah Supa has hit the proverbial nail right on the head there, the resolutions is far too low to be able to do this, although maybe if requests come in, and a image is available for prints, the owner will have to make sure a larger version is saved on his/her computer?

wait....where is everybody....ahh crap Shocked

mikey

Post Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:24 pm   Reply with quote         

You need extremely high resolution to make a quality print" also you can always do your own site! Rolling Eyes ~ Very Happy

clantoncs

Post Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:31 pm   Reply with quote         

resolution problems aside, sounds like a good idea. Of course it would be another one of those options that I'd completely ignore like the "why are you voting for this picture?" links...
But I'm sure there's a few folks out there who might use it every now and again.

Post Mon Mar 13, 2006 2:01 pm   Reply with quote         

I'm sure we all keep higher resolution versions of our work, at least as the original PSD. We'd submit the low res version for the contest, and then if we decide to offer it as a print, we'd submit the higher res version.

Post Mon Mar 13, 2006 2:07 pm   Reply with quote         

Or worse come to worse, we could offer postcards.

>_>
<_<
>_>

supak0ma

Post Mon Mar 13, 2006 2:16 pm   Reply with quote         

its still too low res

Caldera

Post Mon Mar 13, 2006 3:08 pm   Reply with quote         

Also, most if not all choppers here use external sources. This is fine if you are chopping for nothing but fun (imo), but making money off others original work is a deep ethical, and possibly leagl, situation.

Meaty

Post Mon Mar 13, 2006 3:52 pm   Reply with quote         

Then theres the fact that the taxman will want to know about it, seeing as it is in fact a business.

TofuTheGreat

Post Mon Mar 13, 2006 4:01 pm   Reply with quote         

Would be interesting to see who's work got requested though! Laughing

Post Mon Mar 13, 2006 4:09 pm   Reply with quote         

Howdy, Meaty. Welcome to PSC

I've loved your work at SigSource. Great first entry by the way.

Meaty

Post Mon Mar 13, 2006 5:31 pm   Reply with quote         

It was down to your piece that brought me here Death of a Clown, so thank you for the greetz and the link Wink

Micose

Post Mon Mar 13, 2006 6:08 pm   Reply with quote         

what is sure is that i thought about it Doac....II print myself postcards of my 200/300 inch works...
I know about legal stuff, but when u see the whole thing, most of sources used here are not copyright pics; And if I take exemple of "artsy" choppers,they modify so much sources that it would be ok.
photoshoppinfmj

Post Sat Mar 18, 2006 7:42 pm   Reply with quote         

why not have them upload a highres image and use the low res image as just the link to the highres image were they can download it.

300dpi is what most people use for print anyway, or most dmp people ive met. Just a thought. I like the idea though.

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Brain Storm - How about a "buy prints" feature? - Reply to topic