Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Fun and Games - For all who think they are sporty ... - Reply to topic

yello_piggy

Post Thu Mar 16, 2006 3:40 am   Reply with quote         

Post Thu Mar 16, 2006 3:50 am   Reply with quote         

I love Parkour. Amazing how they move.

clantoncs

Post Thu Mar 16, 2006 7:12 am   Reply with quote         

Quote:
Thanks for your interest in Google Video.

Currently, the playback feature of Google Video isn't available in your country.

We hope to make this feature available more widely in the future, and we really appreciate your patience.

China is a huge fan of censorship. Google is under a lot of heat these days in the US for censoring it's search results here. It's really a pain in the ass. I can't even get wikipedia here!

*stands in corner and watches everyone else have fun with the cool video. Crying or Very sad

supak0ma

Post Thu Mar 16, 2006 7:48 am   Reply with quote         

i've read that you have cops cartoons on every site signifying that you're being watched, is that true?

yello_piggy

Post Thu Mar 16, 2006 9:43 am   Reply with quote         

censorship is a terrible thing, and we in the "western" countries are censored too, but in a more subtle way. I can guarantee you, that you won't miss anything when you don't see this video. Its just a guy jumping and climbing up and down obstacles and buildings in a very spectacular way. It looks like tomb-raider in real life ...

Post Thu Mar 16, 2006 10:10 am   Reply with quote         

yello_piggy wrote:
It looks like tomb-raider in real life ...
And it's a guy, Lara Croft is a bit sexier :p (I'm talking about the movie, I don't fancy vertex build women... Even when they are a lot easier to control...

Post Thu Mar 16, 2006 10:37 pm   Reply with quote         

Quote:
i've read that you have cops cartoons on every site signifying that you're being watched, is that true?

Well, no cop cartoons, but there might as well be. Huge western companies like Sysco (Cisco? Don't remember which is the food supply place and which one makes computer gear) have spent a lot of time working with the Chinese to help them censor information and keep a very close watch on what people are doing on the internet.

Quote:
censorship is a terrible thing, and we in the "western" countries are censored too, but in a more subtle way.

Yeah, no kidding. That's been one of the hardest things about living here and trying to teach. There are very strict guidelines about what I can and cannot teach. For example, I'm not allowed to say anything about Taiwan, Tibet, or the Tiananmen Square massacre.

However, I can teach them about American law, so I teach them a lot about America's First Ammendment (for you Europeans, it's the law that gives Americans their freedom of speech, amongst other things). Unfortunately, most of my students think this is a bad idea. They've lived with censorship their whole lives, so being presented with the idea that you might could say anything you want with no threat from the government, kind of scares a lot of my students. In this way, censorship here is not really as oppresive as we make it out to be in the West. Well, you could argue that I suppose.

Anyway, I found a different copy of that video and had seen something similar in the past. That is SO cool. I want to BE that guy. They should make this... err... "freestyle walking" (?) an olympic sport.

I bet that guy's hands are COVERED in callouses and the skin on his back is as tough as leather from all that rollin' around. Still i can safely say, with no threat to my heterosexuality, that that guy is totally sexy. I bet he gets laid all the time.

"Hey, baby, watch me climb this vertical wall using only my bare hands, then back flip off of it down 4 four stories."
"oooh... you're so sexy, Russian climbing guy!!!" (takes off panties)

ok. this has turned into a book. sorry.

Post Thu Mar 16, 2006 10:48 pm   Reply with quote         

I KNEW IT...I tried to duck that crazy cameraman ALL DAY!!! I figured it would eventually show up on the damn internet!

nubie

Post Thu Mar 16, 2006 11:07 pm   Reply with quote         

Sorry DP ...I had to chase you all day...I just wanted to tell you that you fly was down ...but you kept running away! BTW that german shepard smoked you dude!!!

Post Fri Mar 17, 2006 6:57 am   Reply with quote         

Laughing

mikey

Post Sat Mar 18, 2006 12:09 am   Reply with quote         

Wow that video was really something else! Shocked we did a little roof jumping back in the day" but nothing like the drug induced" meth/riddlin stuff in that video! Laughing seriously that is some incredible athletic ability and balls there! ~ Cool

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Fun and Games - For all who think they are sporty ... - Reply to topic