Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Fun and Games - Creative Writing Game - Chapter 1 (Complete) - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Should we start chapter 2?

YES!

62%

62%

[ 5 ]

NO!

37%

37%

[ 3 ]

Total Votes: 8

TofuTheGreat

Post Wed Mar 08, 2006 11:57 am   Reply with quote         

CHAPTER 1 is finished.

Use the list below to match each person's addition to the story. Personally Bic9000's addition cracked me up. "put the condom away" HA!

Here's the official order.

1. TofutheGreat
2. Cafn8d
3. TheShaman
4. Azionite
5. Wendysmurfie
6. Goeny (no cheating you two!)
7. Arcaico
8. Grefix
9. Yello_Piggy
10. Mason4300
11. Trann
12. FootFungas
13. Eepi
14. Bic9000
15. Mikey

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Jeff couldn't believe how the night had turned out. After all it had all started out innocently enough.

"Innocent," he thought, "is a matter of opinion." He stared morosely at the bars to the holding cell. "Yeah," he chided himself, "try telling that to the judge." Jeff had enjoyed his date with Karen immensely. She was as complex as a fine wine and as bubbly as champagne. How was he to know she had such startling secrets?

"So, what are you in for?" Jeff heard behind his back. Slowly he turned to see a rather large man sitting in the corner. Thinking back to Karen and what she had just revealed to him moments before that very bad decision.

“Murder” said Jeff as he stared down the man in the corner. If he had only known what the day would bring, Jeff would have stayed in bed. Karen’s betrayal was still tumbling through his mind and he could not grasp all the events that had taken place to bring him to this place in just a few hours’ time. Jeff scratched the back of his head as he saw the blood on his fingers, he suddenly realized why his head was throbbing.

Jeff was confused and ren outside. He had no idea what to do and where to go so he just started walking. After walking for almost two hours he decided to go home, and there she was sitting on the porch waiting for Jeff to arive. "We have to talk", said Karen.

She started talking about the time Jeff wasn't home. "You are always walking around, for hours and hours. You never look at the kids and if I want to talk to you, you start walking again". Jeff got all red and ashamed and ran away. Karen shouted "THERE YOU GO AGAIN YOU BASTARD".

Jeff couldn´t stop running. He just kept running on and on, When he met some other guy that was also running. His name was Forrest Gump. Jeff pulled two cups of coffee from his pocket and offered Forrest, who accepted and thanked him. They kept running and talking about life.

"Then it happened. A thundering sound came from behind them. Immediately followed by a bright light flashing all around them. "What the...", Jeff screamed. Gump didn't even hear him, he felt a aching pain in his chest, as if his lungs got filled with thick black smoke. Everything started to get blurry.. 'I.. I.. I'm not...'. The noise was getting softer, darkness surrounded him. He felt Jeff grabbing his arms, and then there was nothing..."

"Guuump!"..."Guuump!"...a soft and irresistable voice called his name. The nothing around him was just perfect, so he couldnt recognize anything though his eyes were wide open. "Gump!"...there was this mighty voice again..."I'm calling you from inside your soul, don't try to give me a name. You have now reached a point to decide on your further life. It depends on you to return into the chaos you came from, or to stay here in peaceful silence." Gump remembered Jeff and felt a deep impulse to go back to his friend who would probably need his help.

The last Gump had seen or heard from Jeff, he was dying alone in the desert by a lethal bite from a deadly worm. Nevertheless, Gump could not return. Ever. Jeff was on his own now. It was a hard choice, but Gump decided to stay where he was. "You must now seek out what you don't know what to seek." the voice said. Everything around him suddenly changed from white and silence to color and noise. He was in the middle of Hong Kong.

It was early morning. The sun had risen within the last hour and was trying its best to penetrate the depths of a downtown shielded by towering monuments to business avarice and market success. It's triumph today, like every day before, would be inevitable but fleeting. Gump pulled his eyes from the structures around him and the sky above and took in where he stood: he was awash in a sea of hurried people in a city he'd never been to and yet he felt a clarity of mind that settled him.

But the clarity of mind was fleeting. As he was tossed about by the flow of pedestrians a feeling of unease came over him. He whipped his head around, sure he saw something. Dismissing it as paranoia he walked slowly on. Something moved quickly, ducking out of sight. Gump quickly slipped into an alleyway, he turned around; standing there clad in dark green body armor stood Diego sancriati.

There was a dead end behind him. Some of those doors might be open but he knew that he couldn't turn his back to that monster. Gump moved slowly backwards and put his hand in the pocket. He knows it. He was there. "Remember boy. You can use it only once."

A pained look came over Gumps face, "that's all I need" he thought, "advice from the voices in my head" Although this time, at least, it was sound advice, he could only use it the once, so he slipped the condom back into his pocket and tried to concentrate on the more immediate problem of escape. "eeny, meeny, miny, mo....." He picked a door to his left and threw himself at it, practically taking it off of its hinges

Dazed and confused, he takes a deep breath, gets his thoughts together, sais to himself" why me?... I've got to make a phone call! looks at his watch to see what time it is, looking at his reflection in the window he combs his hair, makes the phone call, then jumps on the train to go meet her at Starbucks on the corner of prospect and milkweed street.

cafn8d

Post Wed Mar 08, 2006 12:24 pm   Reply with quote         

Ooo! I want to play, please! Very Happy

TheShaman

Post Wed Mar 08, 2006 12:53 pm   Reply with quote         

sure Tofudisan.. I'm game

Post Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:34 pm   Reply with quote         

Count me in... Laughing

wendysmurfie

Post Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:38 pm   Reply with quote         

i'm in! Very Happy

Post Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:39 pm   Reply with quote         

I am in for sure... this sounds like fun Laughing Very Happy

Post Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:47 pm   Reply with quote         

may I write my part in portuguese?

TheShaman wrote:
fine fine! I'm an idiot!

Post Wed Mar 08, 2006 2:11 pm   Reply with quote         

Me... me.. me...!! Argh

Post Wed Mar 08, 2006 3:04 pm   Reply with quote         

Twisted sister, come out and play...

Cambria

Post Wed Mar 08, 2006 3:12 pm   Reply with quote         

me too!

Post Wed Mar 08, 2006 4:52 pm   Reply with quote         

I'll try it. maybe we could make it where you can write up to, say, 3 sentences each. When I have done these before, it was always funnier that way

Post Wed Mar 08, 2006 5:00 pm   Reply with quote         

Story is on it's way as I've sent the beginning on to Cafn8d.

To clear things up you can indeed write as much as you want (just don't make it a novella of it's own). Once you've written your addition PM it to me and to the person after you in the list (see edited original for the order).

Trann

Post Wed Mar 08, 2006 5:16 pm   Reply with quote         

TofuTheGreat wrote:
So anyone wanna play?

[horseshack]Ooo! Ooo! Ooo![/horseshack]

We used to do this in university in the mid-80s when we got access to the mainframe. A shared dataset held the single file and we'd take turns editing it.

Our variant was to write N number of lines which often resulted in sentence fragments and unexpected twists. Smile

TofuTheGreat

Post Wed Mar 08, 2006 5:37 pm   Reply with quote         

Trann wrote:
TofuTheGreat wrote:
So anyone wanna play?

[horseshack]Ooo! Ooo! Ooo![/horseshack]

We used to do this in university in the mid-80s when we got access to the mainframe. A shared dataset held the single file and we'd take turns editing it.

Our variant was to write N number of lines which often resulted in sentence fragments and unexpected twists. Smile

Wow and I thought I was a geek. You're added to the list Trann!

TofuTheGreat

Post Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:44 pm   Reply with quote         

Hey Shaman,

Quit playing with your chop and get the next lines back to me and on to Azionite! Laughing

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Fun and Games - Creative Writing Game - Chapter 1 (Complete) - Reply to topic