Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Solar Eclipse - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post Tue Mar 28, 2006 4:58 pm   Reply with quote         

Tomorrow there will be a solar eclipse visible in parts of Europe and Africa. I thought that this was highly interesting, because I was thinking to myself the other day, wondering when a solar eclipse was going to happen in the future. Well, the news answered my question...Anyways, I was hoping someone here will be able to see it and get some photos to share with us. Maybe we could do some sort of time-lapse thing, that would be neat. I dunno, just in case anyone else is interested.

Post Tue Mar 28, 2006 5:10 pm   Reply with quote         

mason4300 wrote:
because I was thinking to myself the other day, wondering when a solar eclipse was going to happen in the future.

Seriously? Well it will look like this:

Post Tue Mar 28, 2006 5:19 pm   Reply with quote         

lol yeah, I know what a solar eclipse looks like, I was just thinking if anyone takes any photos from the one occuring tomorrow, they could share them here. Not "scientific-like" photos like that, where its all zoomed in on just the sun, but ones where you can see it with the surrounding area you take the pic at.

Post Tue Mar 28, 2006 5:20 pm   Reply with quote         

for thos who want to know if they will be witnessing the eclipse:
http://www.eclipse.org.uk/eclipse/0212006/ (also interesting to find future eclipses, mason)

I'll get my camera out eventough it will only be covered by 22% where I am

Post Tue Mar 28, 2006 6:47 pm   Reply with quote         

And don't take your picture during an eclipse either!!! can't see ya very good....... Laughing

Post Tue Mar 28, 2006 7:21 pm   Reply with quote         

you keep my picture in your ImageShack, Synthvet? I'm touched! Laughing

Post Wed Mar 29, 2006 2:47 am   Reply with quote         

in Austria we are expecting it at a quarter before noon (in 4 hours from now), but its just a partial eclypse between 46 and 55 %. At the moment there are thick rain-clouds and heavy rain, so that the sun will be hidden for sure Sad
we had a total eclypse (98 %) in 1998 I guess, or 1997, and it was really great watching it. suddenly the birds stopped singing (and went to bed Laughing ) and there was a strange blur in the shadows and in the air. a little creepy, but after 2 minutes it was getting light again.

Micose

Post Wed Mar 29, 2006 8:33 am   Reply with quote         

I just missed it I was sleeping....damn....(i get up very late)......damn...last it was the same....
it should have been 35 % hidden. here in paris....damn i'm unlucky with eclipses....
Micose

Post Wed Mar 29, 2006 8:34 am   Reply with quote         

yea Piggy I remember this one was in 98 I think....awesome....

FootFungas

Post Wed Mar 29, 2006 8:58 am   Reply with quote         

i think i saw one of those maybe it was just lunar Question

Post Wed Mar 29, 2006 9:13 am   Reply with quote         

"...In 2005 in the USA an 11 year old boy lost central vision in his left eye after viewing an eclipse unaided for 1 minute."

"Looking directly at the photosphere of the Sun (the bright disk of the Sun itself), even for just a few seconds, can cause permanent damage to the retina of the eye, because of the intense visible and invisible radiation that the photosphere emits. This damage can result in permanent impairment of vision, up to and including blindness. The retina has no sensitivity to pain, and the effects of retinal damage may not appear for hours, so there is no warning that injury is occurring.

Under normal conditions, the Sun is so bright that it's difficult to stare at it directly, so there is no tendency to look at it in a way that might damage the eye. However, during an eclipse, with so much of the Sun covered, it is easier and more tempting to stare at it. Unfortunately, looking at the Sun during an eclipse is just as dangerous as looking at it outside an eclipse, except during the brief period of totality, when the Sun's disk is completely covered (totality occurs only during a total eclipse and only very briefly—it does not occur during a partial or annular eclipse). Viewing the Sun's disk through any kind of optical aid (binoculars, a telescope, or even an optical camera viewfinder) is even more hazardous, although just viewing it with the naked eye can easily cause damage."

Special filters must be used to look at a solar eclipse. DO NOT LOOK DIRECTLY AT IT!!!

Synthvet

Post Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:31 pm   Reply with quote         

Shocked Shocked Shocked

wendysmurfie

Post Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:32 pm   Reply with quote         

thanks for that caf, i did not know that... to bad i forgot about it and did not notice anything. I closed the curtains cause the sun was shining so bright this morning, and forgot to open them Confused

Post Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:53 pm   Reply with quote         

"When I was a little kid my mother told me not to stare into the sun. So one day when I was six, I did...the next day I had my first headache."
- Max Cohen in PI

Post Wed Mar 29, 2006 1:02 pm   Reply with quote         

Couldn't take pictures of the eclips. Very cloudy day, couldn't see the sun.

Gonna have to wait now untill 2008 Crying or Very sad

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Solar Eclipse - Reply to topic