Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - sad - Reply to topic

cafn8d

Post Wed Mar 29, 2006 8:16 pm   Reply with quote         

Crying or Very sad oh my god.... just found out, my in-laws' dog... has always chased cars... got caught up under the wheels of my father-in-law's car... broke his back... all day at the vet, and had to put the dog to sleep. Such a sweet dog. Barely over a year old. I feel so horrible for my in-law... my parents-in-law and thier 8.5-yr. old twins. Rex was their first dog... this is the twin's first experience with death... losing anything. Such a sweet, lovable dog, too. Crying or Very sad *cries* Crying or Very sad

Rex, last April, at 3.5 months old.

Post Wed Mar 29, 2006 8:18 pm   Reply with quote         

Crying or Very sad he was a cutie too. RIP rex.

arcaico

Post Wed Mar 29, 2006 8:20 pm   Reply with quote         

I know how is that caf... I lost my first dog when I was 12 I guess... I guarantee you... they'll suffer for a year or so... they'll get a new dog... it won't heal the first one... the 2nd one will die... they'll get used to it... and life goes on... but they'll never forget the first one... sad thing this stuff called life... but we get used to it... let they first the first close relative... THAT will suck... but they'll get used to it either...

TheShaman wrote:
fine fine! I'm an idiot!

Synthvet

Post Wed Mar 29, 2006 8:32 pm   Reply with quote         

(((Hugs)))

Post Wed Mar 29, 2006 9:43 pm   Reply with quote         

sorry Caf, I know how you guys feel. Our dog that we had for 18 years died a while back. Crying or Very sad Hug

Post Wed Mar 29, 2006 10:11 pm   Reply with quote         

cafn8d

Post Wed Mar 29, 2006 10:50 pm   Reply with quote         

Just got some e-mailed details...

I have terribly bad news to share with you, and I should do it in person, but I just can't talk on the phone right now. Besides, you're probably getting ready for bed and now's not a good time, but I wanted to let you know sooner rather than later. We had a tragic accident today. "Dad" accidentally ran over Rex and killed him. It was such a freak accident. The dog ran out of the house just as "Dad" was pulling out into the driveway, and he got entangled in the wheels of the car. "Dad" didn't see him. We scooped him up and took him to the local vet hospital, but there was no doctor there. So we drove a little further and took him to our own vet. The doctor wasn't in there either, but he lived near by and came right over. They stabilized him and took x-rays. He had a broken spine, multiple compound fractures, broken ribs, a collapsed lung, etc. We spent all day at the hospital, then went to pick up "8-year-old twins" from school. The vet called in an expert surgeon, but the consensus was that the dog couldn't be saved. He stopped breathing on his own and they put him on a respirator. Then his pupils stopped responding to light. It was all so sad and I feel like a total misfit, someone who shouldn't have kids or pets. He was such a happy dog. "8-year-old twins" are coping in their own ways, "daughter" crying silently and "son" telling me it's all my fault for opening the door. Neither one of them realizes yet that "dad" is the one who ran him over.

Please share this with Melissa. I'm sorry to tell you in an e-mail like this, but if I wait to talk to you it'll be days. I cancelled my gallbladder surgery for tomorrow and rescheduled for a few weeks from now. I hope you're well and that dialysis is doing what it's supposed to be doing. I love you. Kisses and hugs, mom

I'm trying to stay distracted... it's so sad... I feel so helpless. A great dog is gone. And people I care about are hurting. And there's nothing I can do. Life.

Micose

Post Wed Mar 29, 2006 10:51 pm   Reply with quote         

Sorry Caf, I know what u are feeling like...I
mightybeet
Site Moderator

Post Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:19 pm   Reply with quote         

Sad sorry to hear caf.. poor doggers... putting pets to sleep is always a hard and emotional decision. Sad

L@rue: I'm eating a bag of bbq chips and drink a cocacola
TofuTheGreat

Post Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:24 pm   Reply with quote         

Oh so sad. Crying or Very sad

What an unfortunate accident. Hopefully the little ones will get over their anger quickly and realize it wasn't the fault of "Mom" or "Dad". It was just a puppy being a puppy.

wendysmurfie

Post Thu Mar 30, 2006 7:00 am   Reply with quote         

Crying or Very sad Hug

Post Thu Mar 30, 2006 10:02 am   Reply with quote         

Shocked
my condolences

Post Thu Mar 30, 2006 2:51 pm   Reply with quote         

Crying or Very sad Animals go to Heaven Very Happy because Jesus is supposed to come back on a white Horse so that proves there's animals in Heaven! Wink

Meaty

Post Thu Mar 30, 2006 3:09 pm   Reply with quote         

Thats sad news mate, I hope your father-in-law doesnt blame himself, it was a complete accident after all, no one is to blame. The same thing happened to my brother and his dog, his dog was a boxer also. He used to race motor bikes and always took his dog taz with him when he went on rides, he used to sit with my brothers friends and watch, this one day taz obviously recognized my brothers bike and just bolted out in front of him. The outcome wasnt pretty and the dog never survived the trip to the nearest vets. My brother always blames himself for taking taz, even though he had always taken him since he was a pup. It was just one of those things, no ones fault.

http://www.deviantart.com/view/26327814/

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - sad - Reply to topic