Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Brain Storm - New? Idea - Reply to topic

Which do you like?

Suggestion 1

25%

25%

[ 3 ]

Suggestion 2

33%

33%

[ 4 ]

Neither

41%

41%

[ 5 ]

Total Votes: 12

Canuck <º)))><

Post Tue Apr 04, 2006 8:54 pm   Reply with quote         

Ok, I'm relatively new here so I have no idea if any of these things have been suggested before but here it goes:

1). I know the idea of anonymous posts has been beaten to death, but has it ever been suggested that the votes be anonymous?

It has happened quite often here that as soon as I vote for a post I notice that that person votes for me. Sure it could be that this causes that person to check out your profile and see your post for the first time...I just don't like it. I think it would be very interesting if the votes were anonymous until the contest was over and then were revealed or kept anonymous, whatever the majority prefers. I realize that people could cheat in their comments and reveal who they are, or that people would be recognized for their style of comment, but I don't think that would do this much harm, plus I've witnessed the rath incurred by people who go against the norm.

2). I also suggested in an earlier thread that we have anonymous Sundays. Sunday is slow anyway and at least one day a week the playing field could be leveled and I think that there would be alot more posts that day.

Let me know what you think (like that needs to be said Smile

Post Tue Apr 04, 2006 9:17 pm   Reply with quote         

eh...don't get your hopes up. Confused

Post Tue Apr 04, 2006 9:19 pm   Reply with quote         

mason4300 wrote:
eh...don't get your hopes up. Confused

for changes or for intelligent comments?

Post Tue Apr 04, 2006 9:29 pm   Reply with quote         

if you don't think thats intellegent enough to convey what the usual truth is to you, then I don't know what is...Anyways, I mean don't get your hopes up for something such as this ever happening, because, like you said, it's already been discussed thousands of times, with tons of different ideas, and if none of those flew, that probably means this one won't either. I hope thats intellegent enough for you. I'm not saying its a bad idea, if thats what you're thinking I meant. I'm just telling you the statistics.

Post Tue Apr 04, 2006 9:47 pm   Reply with quote         

mason4300 wrote:
if you don't think thats intellegent enough to convey what the usual truth is to you, then I don't know what is...Anyways, I mean don't get your hopes up for something such as this ever happening, because, like you said, it's already been discussed thousands of times, with tons of different ideas, and if none of those flew, that probably means this one won't either. I hope thats intellegent enough for you. I'm not saying its a bad idea, if thats what you're thinking I meant. I'm just telling you the statistics.

My suggestions don't come with hopes...they are just suggestions. Sorry if you got the impression that I thought your first comment was lame. I was only asking a question? Smile

Post Tue Apr 04, 2006 9:59 pm   Reply with quote         

ok, I wasn't sure if you were being short with me, or if it just seemed that way.
For the first choice, I don't think many would like that, because some people want to have the person they're leaving the comment for to know it was them that wrote it. The second idea isn't bad, but this is one of those things were it probably wouldn't happen because JMH would have to write up some special code just for that, and it just doesn't seem like it would happen. But, #2 is the choice I like.
Anyways, I guess I'll go ahead and vote for one o the choices. Smile

Post Wed Apr 05, 2006 1:36 am   Reply with quote         

just wondering why you did not make an answer in the poll that says both.... Confused

Post Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:00 am   Reply with quote         

wendysmurfie wrote:
just wondering why you did not make an answer in the poll that says both.... Confused

It would not let me put in another option for some reason...plus both ideas could not go together.

Post Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:46 am   Reply with quote         

wendysmurfie wrote:

I wondered the same thing at first as well, then realized that #1 is inclusive of #2, so 'both' would be redundant.

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Brain Storm - New? Idea - Reply to topic