Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Fun and Games - Created in PS 7 - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post Fri Apr 07, 2006 8:00 am   Reply with quote         

This was created in PS 7. No starting image.Your comments please. Smile

Post Fri Apr 07, 2006 8:09 am   Reply with quote         

when you think ps7 is retro then have a look on my portfolie. the half there is made on ps6 Rolling Eyes

Post Fri Apr 07, 2006 8:46 am   Reply with quote         

I don't think ps7 is retro .

Post Fri Apr 07, 2006 11:06 am   Reply with quote         

i use ps7, and it can do a lot more than some noise and a filter, what are you trying to do here? sorry if i sound rude but is this supposed to be abstract art?

Post Fri Apr 07, 2006 11:15 am   Reply with quote         

You are not at all rude. But I do wish to know why you look down upon filters. They can do as much as the artist wants to do, just like any other tool that an artist wields.Why Photoshop is divine and the filters, blasphemy?

This is what I want to conevey. Smile

Post Fri Apr 07, 2006 11:16 am   Reply with quote         

Sorry Queen,
There is some cool stuff going on here but as a whole piece, I just don't get it. It is not that
interesting to look at. The comp is not that great either. The three solid bars on the bottom are just disturbing. The pic would have been a little bit better without them. The image has no depth, no scence of balance, No color. It really does not have much going for it. (Simon Cowell honesty) I've seen you do really nice work and I know you can do better. By the way, PS7, PS6, PScs, it does not matter. If you have skills, and talent (you do) you can be great in any of them. Sorry about the negative feed back but I hope it helps in some way.

Post Fri Apr 07, 2006 11:34 am   Reply with quote         

Sorry, there is some confusion about my mentioning PS 7.

I post in other graphic forums where postings are from other graphic software also. So I went into the habit of mentioning the software.Of course it has not much relevence here.

Thanx about the feedback.

This is supposed to be the image of an abstact sculpture and the three bars are the mount for the sculpture. I find here a tormented Buddha,- in quest of the reason for the sufferings of humanity-resting his head....The sculptor has offered the soft bed, the three bars-also the mount for the sculpture.

It is true that we don't see eye to eye all the time.It is quite natural. Smile

Post Fri Apr 07, 2006 11:45 am   Reply with quote         

Queen said
Quote:
This is supposed to be the image of an abstact sculpture and the three bars are the mount for the sculpture. I find here a tormented Buddha,- in quest of the reason for the sufferings of humanity-resting his head....The sculptor has offered the soft bed, the three bars-also the mount for the sculpture.

Shocked
I'm sorry, I just don't get that much from the picture. (I'm not that deep. Crying or Very sad ) It would be nice to hear from others and see what they think. No worries mate, Keep on choppin'.
keep on doin' what you do. I got nuthin' but luv for ya' Wink

Micose

Post Fri Apr 07, 2006 12:03 pm   Reply with quote         

i don't use this way the filters cuz i think the best to give deph to effects, is to real time-act with cloning/brushes/layers/sometims fluidity in a very good timing.... it needs a lot of actions like I sculpted the picture....I am sure i'm not clear-
I definitly don't use pattern maker or noise to create really new visual effects: may beiTake the problem differently: the whole pic is only pixels, u should have control on each pixel to create new effects OR do more layers and transparencies to make crispy things.
Nice effort i'm sure u gonna do better soon. Smile ...I nteresting work on the head...it's the part i prefer

Post Fri Apr 07, 2006 12:20 pm   Reply with quote         

When I am thirsty,-of cold lemonade, tender cocoanut water, pepsi or plain water-, which I am going to take, depends first on availability, then on my mood too.While I go for water first,any of the other comes next.

Filters are handy, are expressive forcefully and are controllable....

Handling a horse and an automobile are two different things, both are skills, neither less than the other.

Post Fri Apr 07, 2006 1:22 pm   Reply with quote         

Yeah. You do have talent. That's not the point... You made that clear long ago.

http://photoshopcontest.com/view-entry/81758/display.html
http://photoshopcontest.com/view-entry/80890/display.html
http://photoshopcontest.com/view-entry/80183/display.html
http://photoshopcontest.com/view-entry/80562/display.html

Those may not be masterpieces, but they proove one thing, you know your filters, that's for sure... I'm not sure I've ever seen anyone use them like that... and that IS something. Believe me. You ARE a true artist! Don't always listen to ReyRey. The three bars in your work do just fine. They help to... to... anyway. You know what I mean...

I enjoy your work very much. Every morining, I'm so excited to see how you do. Keep up the quality chops coming. And remember, use filters as much as you can. That is what Photoshop is all about...

Raising Brow

Post Fri Apr 07, 2006 1:30 pm   Reply with quote         

queenofnightsky wrote:
Handling a horse and an automobile are two different things, both are skills, neither less than the other.

this is the worst comparison I have EVAH seen...

TheShaman wrote:
fine fine! I'm an idiot!

arcaico

Post Fri Apr 07, 2006 1:32 pm   Reply with quote         

Alex wrote:
Yeah. You do have talent. That's not the point... You made that clear long ago.

http://photoshopcontest.com/view-entry/81758/display.html
http://photoshopcontest.com/view-entry/80890/display.html
http://photoshopcontest.com/view-entry/80183/display.html
http://photoshopcontest.com/view-entry/80562/display.html

Those may not be masterpieces, but they proove one thing, you know your filters, that's for sure... I'm not sure I've ever seen anyone use them like that... and that IS something. Believe me. You ARE a true artist! Don't always listen to ReyRey. The three bars in your work do just fine. They help to... to... anyway. You know what I mean...

I enjoy your work very much. Every morining, I'm so excited to see how you do. Keep up the quality chops coming. And remember, use filters as much as you can. That is what Photoshop is all about...

Raising Brow

ahhhh.... the good old sarcasm... Rolling Eyes

TheShaman wrote:
fine fine! I'm an idiot!

Post Fri Apr 07, 2006 1:32 pm   Reply with quote         

Alex, I am not quite sure that you're not pulling my legs..... Very Happy .....

Post Fri Apr 07, 2006 1:33 pm   Reply with quote         

What sarcasm?
Angel

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Fun and Games - Created in PS 7 - Reply to topic