Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - might be interested (offsite) photoshop contest - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post Fri Apr 07, 2006 7:45 pm   Reply with quote         

Tofu: 1. Heh - nope. I'm not big into the "let's hide I'm a corporate shill" style of promotion.

2. Point taken, although there are people writing poetry, limericks, songs, etc about IBW... but I suppose words are a bit different to execute than PS.

3. I understand where she's coming from, which was why I tried to be as upfront about it as possible. No offense taken, none meant. Welcoming me to the community with rolling eyes isn't exactly what I'd call superior community relations, but I've got thicker skin than that. I bet you do get a lot of trolls around here, so I can't say I blame her.

3b. I don't know jack about Lotus or Act!. I'll admit I can write a function in Excel, but it's not something I enjoy doing. Wink

4. Yeah, I've got that art degree stuck in a closet somewhere. Perhaps I will stick around, maybe enter a contest or what not. I'm a little worried about what a cockle game is though, especially if it has anything to do with the Urban Dictionary definition of cockle.

p.s. Thanks, I agree. I'd bet Micah is friendlier though, Ana's just a royal pain.

p.s.s. Isn't it supposed to be p.p.s.? Razz I've never claimed to be a Photoshop guru - anfa's getting the banana on my head is definitely out of my league. At least in under 10 hours of pulling my hair out. But I'll take the compliment regardless, thanks.

anfa

Post Sat Apr 08, 2006 12:20 pm   Reply with quote         

TofuTheGreat wrote:
anfa wrote:
Errrr, nope. I haven't posted in that contest! :p

Oh COME ON I know you want one of these!

Quote:

My six treasures are:

* The Art of Pricing by Rafi Mohammed
* Persausion: the Art of Getting What You Want by Dave Lakhani
* The Well-Timed Strategy by Peter Navarro
* Satisfaction by Chris Denove
* Laws of Lifetime Growth by Dan Sullivan & Catherine Nomura
* DisneyWar by James B. Stewart

But wait! There is a bonus treasure! If you can refer the most people to this thread (determined by those people stating they were sent here by you in the comments), then you win my most precious treasure of all!

* Ben Franklin: America’s Original Entrepreneur

Actually there are a couple that I'd like to win so I could give them to my dad. He's the business type and would appreciate them more than I would.

Hey, if I win you can have the book you want for your dad! Smile

TofuTheGreat

Post Sat Apr 08, 2006 11:08 pm   Reply with quote         

anfa wrote:
Hey, if I win you can have the book you want for your dad! Smile

Hey thanks Anfa! That's a great gesture and one I'll definitely take you up on. Smile

TofuTheGreat

Post Mon May 08, 2006 8:02 am   Reply with quote         

Don't know if jaacob will ever pop in here again but I thought I'd let everyone know (even though you probably don't really care Laughing ) that he was on the up and up.

I got the book from him a while back. He failed to tell everyone that he was sending brand new books. Looks like he won it and then put my name/addy in for the shipping information.

Post Mon May 08, 2006 8:18 am   Reply with quote         

that's nice. You should've gotten that one I liked, though. Wink I forgot about this, the last anyone posted was a month ago.

Post Mon May 08, 2006 8:59 am   Reply with quote         

Yep. Truth be told I completely forgot about it until the book showed up in my mailbox. Laughing

Post Tue May 09, 2006 12:45 am   Reply with quote         

don't be so quick to write me off tofu, i may just come back and win one of your little contests here... Cool

well, probably not, but i do appreciate you taking the time to "clear my name".

the "treasure" were all books i had won for myself and enjoyed, so i bought a copy for the winner and just had 8cr ship them direct.

hope you enjoy the book!

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - might be interested (offsite) photoshop contest - Reply to topic