Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

 


Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Ask the Experts - Icon help! - Reply to topic

DaVinci

Location: The Netherlands

Post Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:43 am   Reply with quote         


Ok since I'm braindead this tuesdaymorning at the office, I could use some help!
I have to design 7 icons for a primary school, I already got 5...
(Algebra, Biology, group meeting, reading, drawing) --> they were simple!

Now I only need "wordgame" and "language game"...they have to be very basic, no details on the icons and no text (wich is hard for a word and language game icon)!

I'm not asking you to design something, just ideas...thanks in advance! Very Happy




fempie

Location: dutchy in germany > in Slovenia

Post Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:54 am   Reply with quote         


a speech balloon in the shape of a puzzle piece? Smile




DaVinci

Location: The Netherlands

Post Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:17 am   Reply with quote         


fempie wrote:
a speech balloon in the shape of a puzzle piece? Smile


Good think Fempie, that might work...but I did use a speechballoon with my group meeting icon, I will have a look! Thanks!




fempie

Location: dutchy in germany > in Slovenia

Post Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:24 am   Reply with quote         


i see.. hmmm diffy... maybe something else pops up Idea




Post Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:45 am   Reply with quote         


if we see the previous icons you made maybe we could get an idea of what you are looking for, remember that the key to good design is to keep it simple yet classy. Mixing and matching icons don't look good when the project is finished, try to keep all the icons on the same basic style.




mason4300

Location: Groton, CT

Post Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:49 am   Reply with quote         


perhaps a simplified globe for the language one? something like this, maybe?

(lol that is from NASA's website. Very professional. Wink )

As for a wordgame, maybe a book?



Logic wrote:
if we see the previous icons you made maybe we could get an idea of what you are looking for, remember that the key to good design is to keep it simple yet classy. Mixing and matching icons don't look good when the project is finished, try to keep all the icons on the same basic style.




_________________
"Recently, NASA scientists discovered that most people love to play video games but hate to die in fiery airplane crashes."
________________________________
www.mason4300.deviantart.com
DaVinci

Location: The Netherlands

Post Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:59 am   Reply with quote         


Logic wrote:
if we see the previous icons you made maybe we could get an idea of what you are looking for, remember that the key to good design is to keep it simple yet classy. Mixing and matching icons don't look good when the project is finished, try to keep all the icons on the same basic style.


Very true! But I think I'm almost there now...
After a few cups of coffee my brain worked again! Shocked Laughing

Thanks for thinking with me guys...




DaVinci

Location: The Netherlands

Post Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:01 am   Reply with quote         


mason4300 wrote:
perhaps a simplified globe for the language one? something like this, maybe?

(lol that is from NASA's website. Very professional. Wink )

As for a wordgame, maybe a book?



Logic wrote:
if we see the previous icons you made maybe we could get an idea of what you are looking for, remember that the key to good design is to keep it simple yet classy. Mixing and matching icons don't look good when the project is finished, try to keep all the icons on the same basic style.


Is that really from NASA?? Shocked o boy... Laughing
Good thinking Mason, I got a flag now for the languages...was thinking about a globe to!




Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Ask the Experts - Icon help! - Reply to topic

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Navigate PSC
Contests open  completed  winners  prizes  events  rules  rss 
Galleries votes  authentic  skillful  funny  creative  theme  winners 
Interact register  log in/out  forum  chat  user lookup  contact 
Stats monthly leaders  hall of fame  record holders 
PSC advantage  news (rss)  faq  about  links  contact  home 
Help faq  search  new users  tutorials  contact  password 

Adobe, the Adobe logo, Adobe Photoshop, Creative Suite and Illustrator are registered trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated.
Text and images copyright 2000-2006 Photoshop Contest. All rights reserved.