Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - "Micoseism" - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 30, 31, 32  Next

Canuck <º)))><

Post Sun Apr 16, 2006 10:26 pm   Reply with quote         

clantoncs wrote:
Wow, I've been in a photoshop funk lately, this is just what I need!

Since there is an official tournament going on and all (screw that, by the way. H2H is dead to me now. stupid tournament...) perhaps we should just do it with the regular daily contest as Canuck brought up.

-chris

Um...that's what Eve meant. I was being facetious.

Post Sun Apr 16, 2006 11:19 pm   Reply with quote         

Ironically, this morning I used the phrase "Micoseism" because, as we all know, his style is unique, fresh & new to all of us. It's distinctly his own! It sounds fun to me (and a definately challenge for me).

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Mon Apr 17, 2006 1:45 am   Reply with quote         

Yeah, Cam, you're responsible for this entire thread. Very Happy

Paul Von Stetina

Post Mon Apr 17, 2006 1:46 am   Reply with quote         

http://photoshopcontest.com/view-entry/97376/in-pursuit-of-micose.html

I know this idea has been brewing for a little while now, read my comment off the thread above, and see my post that day, and no, I'm not trying to take credit for this, we here at psc all kind of think along the same lines, god knows whenever any of us do a wild entry, micose comes to mind, he really is an inspiration to any of us that takes art seriously, by the way, he has not said anything yet about any of this, but his ears have to be getting hot by now. Wink

bigbuck

Post Mon Apr 17, 2006 1:59 am   Reply with quote         

I can't wait for the micose thing!

Post Mon Apr 17, 2006 7:25 am   Reply with quote         

Naiko,
Juste regardé votre emplacement, finalement. Vous effectuez le travail vraiment merveilleux.

Micose

Post Mon Apr 17, 2006 7:57 am   Reply with quote         

Sympa de ta part Digital, and pretty good french ! Smile
Okay guys.....if u wanna play let's play....but if i am not in u won't mind? hehe. ii just want to see and appreciate. Cool . Yep Paul, i'm preparing a receip with local mushrooms, u bring the chicks....;mmmm oooo ok...not a party...whatever...I'll just look...hehe. But how n where this can be done ? Eve ? u told JMH or sbdy ?
ReyRey

Post Mon Apr 17, 2006 8:02 am   Reply with quote         

Hey folks,
This micose thing is not as easy as you might think, As a matter of fact even Micose does not get it right all the time. How about we all do a digital painting in our own style and see if we have a style.
It is a wonderful thing to let Micose know that we love his style but to honor his style with copying him? I don't know. By the way, Micose is not the first to do this style of art. I hope the art history books still go back before the time of Micose. No disrespect to Micose who, I think he knows how much I enjoy his art. He is a true artist.
(Just a thought.) Wink

Bic9000

Post Mon Apr 17, 2006 11:36 am   Reply with quote         

Ahhhh wee, micose eez Fronch no?
cee ow I carn eezily imitate heem, no?
..Oh, his style of ART....oops Wink

Post Mon Apr 17, 2006 11:43 am   Reply with quote         

This is very true Reyrey, but Micose is the first to "consistently" bring this/his style of art to PSC, he's no flash in the pan, and computers or adobe ps did not exist that long ago, as far as art history goes. We all know that Naiko did not invent art, ALL artist borrow from what they like to see, cavemen drew animals on cave walls, because they were just copying what they saw, and were probably really hungry and needed to come up with a plan to hunt, I know some artist get really ticked off when someone copy's them, I take it as a compliment, because after all, we all copy from artist we really like.
Smile

FootFungas

Post Mon Apr 17, 2006 12:12 pm   Reply with quote         

Cool

Post Mon Apr 17, 2006 12:17 pm   Reply with quote         

ReyRey wrote:
Hey folks,
This micose thing is not as easy as you might think, As a matter of fact even Micose does not get it right all the time.

Confused

Anyway, we'd pick a date in the future, say, MONDAY, MAY 1 to be " try to make a MICOSE day." (Rey gets to start his from scratch.) Wink

We cannot have a SuperStar day as we'd all slit our wrists trying to be as good as some of you guys/gals. Micose has a wonderful "style." Whatever we create from the source won't make us better "artists," but hopefully it'll be entertaining!

And I'm thinking of a newbie, purusing the contests in the future, and seeing one contest when everyone seemingly ate magic mushrooms that day! Wild!

Sometimes, it's just about having fun. We'll get a permission slip from JMH first!

Cambria

Post Mon Apr 17, 2006 1:52 pm   Reply with quote         

Just like Paul, I chose the Iron Flower to be my first attempt to honor Micose's style..
(that and some of Eve's magic mushrooms)....

http://photoshopcontest.com/view-entry/97667/iron-flower--circa-70.html

Paul Von Stetina

Post Mon Apr 17, 2006 4:19 pm   Reply with quote         

Eve, may 1st sounds good to me, but what if the picture that day is lame, like a few of the ones we've been getting lately, even Micose will leave some of these images, because they really suck sometimes, has anyone noticed, but some of these pictures are already chopped,(and badly I must say) and who picks these images anyway, what if Micose submitted the picture, and made us aware of it, that would mean going to the top, and letting them know what's goin on....naa, it would never work, one hand never knows what the other is doing these days.

Crying or Very sad

Paul Von Stetina

Post Mon Apr 17, 2006 4:23 pm   Reply with quote         

just look at the picture for this Wed. it's so badly chopped, I refuse to post, I bet a lot of you are sure relieved to hear that Laughing

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 30, 31, 32  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - "Micoseism" - Reply to topic