Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Voting - Photoshop Contest Head to Head Tournament: arcaico vs delucx - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

what did you think of these entries?

Nudity, including see through clothing has no business here, but the other picture is fine.

3%

3%

[ 1 ]

Violence in the murder scene is a little too graphhic for me, but the other picture is fine.

20%

20%

[ 6 ]

Both of these belong on adult sites, and not on psc.

6%

6%

[ 2 ]

you're crazy mere_artist!!! I don't have a problem with either one of these entries.

70%

70%

[ 21 ]

Total Votes: 30

Post Thu Apr 27, 2006 4:39 pm   Reply with quote         

well, actually, Arc. those people on the left there appear to be really shocked and offended. Look at their expressions. That one dude is starting to blow chunks, he's so sickened! And the woman on the right is rushing to cover her. Laughing Wink

by the way, Arc, this is for you.

Post Thu Apr 27, 2006 4:43 pm   Reply with quote         

good lord... what have i done... I shouldn´t have posted those images... I forgot there are kids around here!!!

TheShaman wrote:
fine fine! I'm an idiot!

Post Thu Apr 27, 2006 4:48 pm   Reply with quote         

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Post Thu Apr 27, 2006 5:35 pm   Reply with quote         

I think you are mistaken mason, i do believe the guy his trying his damn hardest to blow her hair away so he can have a better view. The woman on the right is taking advantage of this and is using this as a quick way to dry a sheet that has blown into the river behind.

Micose

Post Thu Apr 27, 2006 5:35 pm   Reply with quote         

No problem, beautiful and clever visual. Art is the last area of real freedom...those two PSC choppers are artists and they surely knew that coming with a great visual is the most important thing. Last area i said, yea, even in Amazonia, following the tracks of nature u see that freedom disappears more or less (a bit far may be)...that's cool for me.
I prefer a great powerful, meanful chop than a not funny crappy picture. Cool
ReyRey

Post Thu Apr 27, 2006 6:08 pm   Reply with quote         

Some bone head made the descision to cover it up. (read)

ReyRey

Post Thu Apr 27, 2006 6:18 pm   Reply with quote         

Check out the rest of the painting. All kinds of evil violent things going on. Flesh being ripped from bodies etc.
http://www.wga.hu/frames-e.html?/html/m/michelan/3sistina/lastjudg/index.html

Post Thu Apr 27, 2006 6:20 pm   Reply with quote         

I agree with ReyRey.

Putting up a thread like this, while voting is open might affect votes.

Post Thu Apr 27, 2006 9:45 pm   Reply with quote         

Micose wrote:
Art is the last area of real freedom...those two PSC choppers are artists and they surely knew that coming with a great visual is the most important thing.

I prefer a great powerful, meanful chop than a not funny crappy picture. Cool

Agree.
And I REALLLLLY like the black and white, gun-to-the-head chop.
Beauty.

arcaico

Post Thu Apr 27, 2006 10:14 pm   Reply with quote         

What the hell????? The Final Judgement, Venus of Milo and the Birth of Venus were censored????? What's wrong with you guys???? THAT WAS ART!!!

TheShaman wrote:
fine fine! I'm an idiot!

Lrossa

Post Thu Apr 27, 2006 10:26 pm   Reply with quote         

when did this wonderfully entertaining bashing rant turn into art?!?!?! Shocked Question

come on people, where's the arguing! Twisted Evil

arcaico

Post Thu Apr 27, 2006 10:29 pm   Reply with quote         

I'll post Peter North penis and Linda Lovelace nipples... maybe that's not as offensive as Venus and the Final Judgement...

TheShaman wrote:
fine fine! I'm an idiot!

delucx

Post Thu Apr 27, 2006 11:22 pm   Reply with quote         

You know... I was trying really hard to hold off on posting a reply until the contest was over, but it was hard. Yeah, the H2H is supposed to be anonymous, but how long am I supposed to sit here while my image is being unfairly attacked? This thread could have atleast waited until the contest was over before posting.

When I saw the gun as the source image, I thought to myself what can I do with it. I can probably chop something out of it but I chose to keep it real but yet taking some risk. I'm prepared to defend it, it's a very violent scene. My intention was to move and shock you. If it disturbs you, then don't vote for it. It's photoshop and the source was a gun.

For Clantoncs, yes I thought about how people would handle it and for what its worth I PM'ed billtvshow and JMH to pull my entry earlier today. It was just a chop to shock you, no real headshot images were used. It was an image from the House of Horror. I was very selective about the images, what is real and fake because I didn't want to offend anyone and cause any disrespect. That is also why I chose to visually display it in black and white with a little dark red. I didn't want it to be too overly powering red and bloody everywhere, just subtle. The other reason why I left the filmstrip look is so the viewers can imagine it from a movie or some type of film and not a realistic photo.

Seriously, Clantoncs take your own advice:
clantoncs wrote:
Or did you just have a snap reaction that you tried to construct into a point?

Don't judge a chopper for his work before you know the facts. No need for name calling. But you are entitled to your own opinion...You could have just PM'd Arcaico and me if you had these concerns. I'll leave it at that…

vunt van pumununt

Post Fri Apr 28, 2006 5:35 am   Reply with quote         

Showcase wrote:
vunt, that was a bit of a stretch. Doesnt compare to what mere was saying I think....not that I agree with mere...cuz I dont...so now I dont agree with him OR you. Smile

you don't agree with me?! Shocked The second thing i thought of when i saw that image was a sphincter! My wisdom and age were the only defense against this taunting mental image. a 13 year-old might not have survived Showdude!!!

clantoncs wrote:
Your wanna-be-Hunter-S.-Thompson, look-at-me-I'm-an-ultra-libertarian response to MA's point of view is way overblown and underthought, Vunt.

*hmmmm, he's on to me... Confused i always wanted to be a shroom eating heroin shooting librarian ..?!? *

overblown, definitaly, but that was kind of the point clan&tonic.
underthought, maybe. But please, PLEASE enlighten me, and explain to me why the shape of a breast might bring about the downfall of lil' mason ... ehh a 13 year-old.

Post Fri Apr 28, 2006 7:05 am   Reply with quote         

Lrossa wrote:
when did this wonderfully entertaining bashing rant turn into art?!?!?! Shocked Question

come on people, where's the arguing! Twisted Evil

Embarassed sorry my bad Laughing

I too agreed with ReyRey

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Voting - Photoshop Contest Head to Head Tournament: arcaico vs delucx - Reply to topic