Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - Tournements and contests - Reply to topic

roy Green

Post Sat Apr 29, 2006 8:40 am   Reply with quote         

Im fairly new here, so do not know how often tournements are run (anyone?) but i have been watching the snooker and think that we should take some inspiration from it.

I am not saying we should have 35 frames like in the snooker, but i think that instead of having just 1 picture, there should be 3 of them, you post entries at the same time for each picture, people can vote on all 3 and this way you need a majority to win.

A slightly more novle idea could be to have seeding like in the snooker e.g. automatic qualification in to the last 32 for the 16 people that reached the quater finals last time.

In snooker there are prize's for most centuries and highest break. We could identify the person who has recived the most votes over the duration of the tournement or the person who won with most pictures (asuming we use my 3 pictures idea)

Now on to the contests! Many of us struggle to do well, faced with stiff competition, i have submited i think 10-11 pictures now and my best scores are 21, 17 and 14 votes.

In football you dont see Chelsea playing maccelsfield! We should implement leagues! There are a certain amount in the first league the same amount in the second, and every one else is in the third. Every month The top few from each league get promoted to the next and the bottem few get relegated. This way even people which are not as good, get a chance to compete for that top spot in their league!

marcoballistic

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Sat Apr 29, 2006 8:56 am   Reply with quote         

hey roy, your going to confuse all the non Uk'ers with your snooker and chelsea speak Laughing

but onto the seriousness of it all.

the first idea is interesting, but alot of work for the average chopper, if done only once in a while it may work.

the league idea however is a really interestin proposition. however, what if say, one guy enters only 2 comps in a month, or even non, and he/she is in the top division, will they get relegated for not taking part..... its a hard thing to regulate. if I take you chelsea point, you would not get chelsea sayin ahhhh we don't want to play these 5 games, but can we keep our position in the league.

hard ones to work out, but interesting ideas

Very Happy

anfa

Post Sat Apr 29, 2006 11:49 am   Reply with quote         

Hey Marco , am I the Chelsea of this site?
Am I fuck!!! I'm the TOON, TOON, BLACK AND WHITE ARMY!! Laughing

marcoballistic

Post Sat Apr 29, 2006 12:11 pm   Reply with quote         

Laughing you drunken geordie Laughing

mikey

Post Sat Apr 29, 2006 12:26 pm   Reply with quote         

SOD OFF! Laughing How's that? Rolling Eyes

anfa

Post Sat Apr 29, 2006 12:40 pm   Reply with quote         

Hey mikey, you're getting there! Smile You must have limey blood in ya!!
Now chant "There's only one Michael Owen". Marco loves that one. Laughing

couldb5150

Post Sat Apr 29, 2006 4:42 pm   Reply with quote         

OK MARCO YOU ARE RIGHT!........
WTF IS SNOOKER AND CHEALSEA.........GIRLS LAWN BOWLING LEAGUES OR SOMETHING ...IS THAT THE ONLY SPORT YA GUYS HAVE OVER ON YOUR SIDE OF THE POND????LOLOLOL

OK OK JUST KIDDING ..(HE CHUGS YET ANOTHER BEER) ..BUT WTF IS SNOOKER AND CHELSEA...AND THIS LEAGUE TALK ABOUT ...NOW IM SO CONFUSED ILL HAVE TO HAVE ANOTHER ...HIC UP ....BELCH....

IM OFF LIKE A PROM DRESS....BWA HAHAHAHAAH

cb

HEY WHATS ANOTHER WORD FOR THESAURUS?????...ANYBODY???ANYBODY???BUELLER???...BUELLER????
AGAIN HE SLAYS HIMSELF ....HAHAHAHAHAHAH

marcoballistic

Post Sat Apr 29, 2006 8:33 pm   Reply with quote         

Laughing ah he only went to newcastle for the helicopter ride to work, If liverpool had offered him that the blades would have been knicked within the day Very Happy

marcoballistic

Post Sat Apr 29, 2006 8:34 pm   Reply with quote         

and Mike, go lie down and hum a bit Laughing

anfa

Post Sat Apr 29, 2006 10:54 pm   Reply with quote         

THERE'S ONLY ONE MICHAEL OWEN, ONE MICHAEL OWEN,ONE MICHAEL OWEN

arcaico

Post Sat Apr 29, 2006 11:00 pm   Reply with quote         

sadly, for both of you... there's only one Ronaldinho... and that's what counts... Wink See ya two in Germany... Twisted Evil

TheShaman wrote:
fine fine! I'm an idiot!

marcoballistic

Post Sun Apr 30, 2006 3:51 am   Reply with quote         

no england dont have any strikers arrgghhhhhh

roy Green

Post Sun Apr 30, 2006 7:21 am   Reply with quote         

couldb5150 wrote:

WTF IS SNOOKER AND CHEALSEA.........GIRLS LAWN BOWLING LEAGUES OR SOMETHING ...IS THAT THE ONLY SPORT YA GUYS HAVE OVER ON YOUR SIDE OF THE POND????LOLOLOL

Chelsea is the new Manchester united.

Snooker is a game a bit like billards or 9 ball or what ever you call it, except the whole concept is diffrent. There are 15 red's and 7 diffrent colours, basicly uou need to pot red, colour, red, colour...etc and then then the reds are potted you have to start potting the colours in a specific order. Instead of the winner bieng the person to clear the table first, you get points for potting balls.

Marco, what we colud do for the league, is take a persons top 5 or top 10 results in a month and use them to calculate what league you are in. So we have leagues which instead of showing all you results shw your top 10 for the month, if you do another good one it simply replaces one of the less good ones.

Thing is, it sounds like who ever runs this site is going to need to be about as good at programing as you and anfa are at photoshop! It seems like a complex task!

marcoballistic

Post Sun Apr 30, 2006 7:24 am   Reply with quote         

I'm sure JMH has the skills to program it, but I am still unsure it will work, alot here only enter as little as once, twice or 3 times a month.

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - Tournements and contests - Reply to topic