Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Featured Pic - Since I feel the need to speak on today's entry... - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post Sun Jun 04, 2006 8:51 pm   Reply with quote         

Eve wrote:
Yep...comments section's for comments...hopefully supportive and helpful ones.

Yes, there's 365 days of opportunity to win & no we can't win all the time, hell most of us barely any of the time.

What a lot don't understand is that people who have no wins get frustrated after awhile.
Everything Scion is saying is true...BUT he's got 3 wins and that takes the edge off of having no wins. Time is invested, comments and votes are involved...for what. We all strive for one thing...making an image others will find worthy for whatever reasons...funny, clever, cutesy, artsy, abstract, whatever.

This constant desire to improve and get recognition encourages most to do just that.

So, have patience, continue to give constructive criticism and learn to take it graciously. Yin and Yang...good balance will bring it all together.

"Constructive" criticism I can take.
But for someone to all out bash something just because it only took "2 minutes" and because a few people actually liked it...that's just stupid...
I'm leaving now.
Eve, you've been wonderful...and you know why I say that,
All the best to you.

ScionShade

Post Sun Jun 04, 2006 9:00 pm   Reply with quote         

I just said what i felt about the chop in the comments section Mason.
That's what it is for. If someone else chooses to get upset about it,
that's their free right too.
You point out that in other contests, images have won for reasons you don't understand.
Are you saying it would have been wrong for you to say in the comments section that you felt that way?

My question is...if that chop is in any way worthy of a win, why are the people who are upset with me for having that opinion being such obvious hypocrites and not voting
for this image from yesterday.(link below)

I'll tell ya why--todays image was first submitted in advantage and got an early lead which put it first on the most votes page ,and combined with the fact that DP is better well known than plug...well...
This was a similar chop, and honest--- not that my opinion is more valid than anyone elses but hey- you guys aint voting for it..why?
http://photoshopcontest.com/view-entry/100563/votes.html

Post Sun Jun 04, 2006 9:05 pm   Reply with quote         

ScionShade wrote:
You do realize I only said something cause it was winning.

Then why say anything at all?
If you want to criticize, do so constructively. You sat there and bashed whatever amount of effort I put into the chop. Save that shit for chat or PM.

Showcase

Post Sun Jun 04, 2006 9:05 pm   Reply with quote         

digitalpharaoh wrote:
Showcase wrote:
digitalpharaoh wrote:
Since I feel the need to speak:
1. There was a reason, an artistic reason, I didn't take the roof of the mall off.
2. There was a reason, an artistic reason, I left the rail as it was.

artisticly, I just dont see it...
can you explain the artistic reason why you chose to leave the roof and the rail as it was?
cuz...Im stupid.

If I have to explain it, then you will not be able to see it.
If you cannot see it, that's your mind's interpretaion. It doesn't matter if you cannot see it.

no, no...I know sometimes the result is only visible in a way that only the artist can see but I'm wondering what artistic reasons YOU had to leave them in the way you did? there must have been something you saw?

Post Sun Jun 04, 2006 9:07 pm   Reply with quote         

Since I regard both Scio and DP as friends, I withdraw my comments for friendship's sake.

Post Sun Jun 04, 2006 9:08 pm   Reply with quote         

digitalpharaoh wrote:
Constructive" criticism I can take.
But for someone to all out bash something just because it only took "2 minutes" and because a few people actually liked it...that's just stupid...

Bash? Oh the drama.
Nobody bashed anything. It was mearly pointed out how little went into the chop.
You got all these people..(once again) being supportive of you even though your dead wrong, and your gonna get all upset over what one person said...
said honestly....in fact they didn't even insult your post...was it called garbage or anything like that? ..and now your gonna (once again) pretend to be walking out all in a huff.
You know, for the life of me, I can not understand why you didn't just say..
"It's true, I didn't put much into this chop. I'm a little surprised at all the votes.
Thanks People."

ScionShade

Post Sun Jun 04, 2006 9:10 pm   Reply with quote         

mason4300 wrote:
I'm not saying that expressing your opinion is wrong at all. I was just confused as to why this was getting confrontational. I'm not really taking sides, you both express things that I agree with. I also was just asking why you "got on his case" but not some of the other less-than-deserving chops recently. Of course, thats only assuming you think that there were some past ones that were not worthy, as well. And you might have, I don't know, I haven't read comments recently, so you might have.

Well, the thing is, noone got on DP's case. I was talking to the voters.
I dunno why so many people take a fair and honest assesment and continually
insist they are an attack of some sort and unfounded.
Nothing I said is unfounded, and I did not make any statement insulting the poster or his post.

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Sun Jun 04, 2006 9:12 pm   Reply with quote         

DP, you really owe it to a little naked avie guy...totally exposed...to answer his question. No one wants you to leave. Let's hash this out in an adult manner, okay?

Post Sun Jun 04, 2006 9:17 pm   Reply with quote         

ScionShade wrote:
digitalpharaoh wrote:

Bash? Oh the drama.
Nobody bashed anything. It was mearly pointed out how little went into the chop.
You got all these people..(once again) being supportive of you even though your dead wrong, and your gonna get all upset over what one person said...
said honestly....in fact they didn't even insult your post...was it called garbage or anything like that? ..and now your gonna (once again) pretend to be walking out all in a huff.
"It's true, I didn't put much into this chop. I'm a little surprised at all the votes.
Thanks People."

If I'm walking out in a huff, then why did I just PM Bill to take down all of my upcoming preposts? And you can verify that one.

And what does it matter how much time I put into it? Or how much time ANYONE puts into a chop?
ANYONE who knows ANYTHING about PS can tell that nothing horribly technical was done to the image. I was going for a mood. Hell, I could have taken the rubber gloves the other day and slapped 'em on Bart and Lisa Simpson...I could have made a damned rooster...But what did I do? i went for a MOOD...Look at my posts lately, Scion. What do they mostly have in common? MOOD. Look at my coffee beans...Gee...the source wasn't altered too much in that one. All I did was overlay some screaming stone faces and adjust the saturation a bit. It still got me 43 votes. Whay didn't you come out on that one and say that it was a 2 minute chop? Because it wasn't close to winning?
I'm nowhere near wrong in my feelings for all of the negativity that was placed under my entry. If I see a chop that I don't like or think that no effort went into it, guess what??? I pay it no mind. I move on to the next one.
Didn't anyone ever teach you "If you don't have anything nice to say, then shut up"?

ScionShade

Post Sun Jun 04, 2006 9:18 pm   Reply with quote         

HA! Sounds almost exactly like what I said to Cambria last year...then a year later she goes claiming
I was the one who made her cry...some of
you folks are a bit crazy....but I guess you know that.

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Sun Jun 04, 2006 9:20 pm   Reply with quote         

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Time to smoke the peace pipe...

Post Sun Jun 04, 2006 9:20 pm   Reply with quote         

Eve wrote:
DP, you really owe it to a little naked avie guy...totally exposed...to answer his question. No one wants you to leave. Let's hash this out in an adult manner, okay?

No Eve, even I don't WANT to leave...I also don't want to deal with all of the High School bullshit that goes on around here daily...pardon my French...And it seems to be growing with each day that passes.
BUT...as I said...I got enough on my plate as it is. I don't need any more problems.

ScionShade

Post Sun Jun 04, 2006 9:22 pm   Reply with quote         

digitalpharaoh wrote:
ScionShade wrote:
digitalpharaoh wrote:

Bash? Oh the drama.
Thanks People."

If I'm walking out in a huff, then why did I just PM Bill to take down all of my upcoming preposts? And you can verify that one.

And what does it matter how much time I put into it? Or how much time ANYONE puts into a chop?
ANYONE who knows ANYTHING about PS can tell that nothing horribly technical was done to the image. I was going for a mood. Hell, I could have taken the rubber gloves the other day and slapped 'em on Bart and Lisa Simpson...I could have made a damned rooster...But what did I do? i went for a MOOD...Look at my posts lately, Scion. What do they mostly have in common? MOOD. Look at my coffee beans...Gee...the source wasn't altered too much in that one. All I did was overlay some screaming stone faces and adjust the saturation a bit. It still got me 43 votes. Whay didn't you come out on that one and say that it was a 2 minute chop? Because it wasn't close to winning?
I'm nowhere near wrong in my feelings for all of the negativity that was placed under my entry. If I see a chop that I don't like or think that no effort went into it, guess what??? I pay it no mind. I move on to the next one.
Didn't anyone ever teach you "If you don't have anything nice to say, then shut up"?

One of the best over reactions I've ever seen at PSC.
This is pretty typical of the ol' forum fight.
Misinterpret what other people say and then insist
they meant what you think they meant.
Explain to me where I said it was wrong for you to go for a MOOD?
Or where I said there was anything bad about the chop?
I pointed out that very little went into it, and YOU agree...
so??? Where's the problem here?

Post Sun Jun 04, 2006 9:28 pm   Reply with quote         

Forget it Scion.
Just forget it.
You were right.
You're always right.
Even when you're an ass.
Even when you're wrong.
I'm just a nobody anyway.
So just forget it.
I give up on this discussion. I give up on having any kind of relief in my life.
I give up on smiling.
I give up on trying to have someone other than my damned self appreciate what I can do in Photoshop.
I give up on trying to win at PSC.
I give up on everything.
Call me a quitter, call me what you want.
Just spell my name right.
out.

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Sun Jun 04, 2006 9:31 pm   Reply with quote         

Scion...WHAT IS IT about you that brings out the best in people? I mean, the power you wield is uncanny...maybe you should run for office!

okay...take a toke...pass it on... Wink

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Featured Pic - Since I feel the need to speak on today's entry... - Reply to topic