Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Is it just me - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post Tue Jun 06, 2006 3:17 pm   Reply with quote         

Or is this a good shot...

Showcase

Post Tue Jun 06, 2006 3:42 pm   Reply with quote         

if you're asking me, which it sure looks like you are, I would have to say it's you.
Its too busy. it looks like a mess. there is no focus. I dont know...others might see it differently.

with that said, please dont challenge me to an h2h. Im chicken. Cool

Post Tue Jun 06, 2006 3:52 pm   Reply with quote         

It really depends on how you look at the pic... I think it's a cool pic because you have to use your imagination to tell what type of music they are playing, going to play, or already have played... Plus I use that same wireless instrument that he has on top of the pevey...

BroChris

Post Tue Jun 06, 2006 4:02 pm   Reply with quote         

It's too busy to be great, I think. The main thing that's lacking is something to focus on. There are several objects in the picture that would make excellent focal objects (the guy on the stool, or the guitar, or the speaker, etc), but since everything is in focus, the picture is just a jumble of objects. Plus, the wires and keyboard stand are just in the way of everything.

So I think it's just you. I have many shots that I've taken that I think are cool, but nobody else does. I guess that's the beauty of subjectivity.

Post Tue Jun 06, 2006 4:03 pm   Reply with quote         

It's just you....

And Showcase, I challenge you to a H2H.
I ain't skeerd! Rolling Eyes

Showcase

Post Tue Jun 06, 2006 4:24 pm   Reply with quote         

BroChris wrote:
It's too busy to be great, I think. The main thing that's lacking is something to focus on. There are several objects in the picture that would make excellent focal objects (the guy on the stool, or the guitar, or the speaker, etc), but since everything is in focus, the picture is just a jumble of objects. Plus, the wires and keyboard stand are just in the way of everything.

So I think it's just you. I have many shots that I've taken that I think are cool, but nobody else does. I guess that's the beauty of subjectivity.

COPIER!! Wink

Azionite wrote:
It's just you....

And Showcase, I challenge you to a H2H.
I ain't skeerd! Rolling Eyes

Please, Azionite! this is about DP's photo...not your gay fascination with me. You do realize that an H2H includes no touching between the two competitors whatsoever right? Razz

Post Tue Jun 06, 2006 4:34 pm   Reply with quote         

Here's a quick DOF edit to bring into focus what *I* think is in the foreground.
Not perfect, but gives the image a little more depth.

Queen La Tiff

Post Tue Jun 06, 2006 4:52 pm   Reply with quote         

I'm turning the brightness up about 17% on that sucker.

ReyRey

Post Tue Jun 06, 2006 4:53 pm   Reply with quote         

The image itself has too much going on and no focus. AZ has the right idea. You can push it farther by adding a layer of white (opacity 18-25%) over the background. Then use some creative lighting. I would also remove some unnecessary wires.

or

ReinMan

Post Tue Jun 06, 2006 5:00 pm   Reply with quote         

In the end, your changes have helped a lot. Instead of being a hopeless confused mess, it is now .... er, um... LESS of that! Razz

A photo really does need (usually, not always) some point of focus - physically AND story-wise.

Changing the angle of the shot (let's say to get the dude's feet on the stool, or maybe the guitar) so that a Main Item becomes the location your eye goes to first... that might have also helped this shot.

There are a FEW things you can do in PS to help, but in the end (like my Obi-Wan told me) take a good picture in the first place - it will help the chopping later.

And now - I GO!

Very Happy

Post Tue Jun 06, 2006 5:02 pm   Reply with quote         

I like it better with a wireless keyboard... I agree with Azionte about the depth...[/img]

ReinMan

Post Tue Jun 06, 2006 5:24 pm   Reply with quote         

Oh. And did I mentioin that having a PEAVEY amplifier in ANY picture about MUSIC is also Very Bad. Twisted Evil

GrampZ

Post Tue Jun 06, 2006 5:46 pm   Reply with quote         

ReinMan wrote:
Oh. And did I mentioin that having a PEAVEY amplifier in ANY picture about MUSIC is also Very Bad. Twisted Evil

I was going to say that to be perfect, it would need a vintage Ampeg in it!!!

Post Tue Jun 06, 2006 5:48 pm   Reply with quote         

JeNyAwT wrote:

I like it better with a wireless keyboard... I agree with Azionte about the depth...[/img]

Very nice removal, Jeny....

ReyRey

Post Tue Jun 06, 2006 5:49 pm   Reply with quote         

Agree with Reinman about.....Yuk....Peavey

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Is it just me - Reply to topic