Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Fun and Games - CHOPPER PROFILE 11- Ledirlo - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2

FootFungas

Post Wed Oct 18, 2006 8:03 am   Reply with quote         

Will there be more Interviews?

ReyRey

Post Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:10 am   Reply with quote         

Very Honest interview. I think a few years ago, Photoshop was a photographers toy/tool. Now it is for artists and creative thinkers alike. You seemed to have a very narrow view of what is good. I agree those guys (Chrispis, Hellekro) were great at what they did but its a new world of Photoshoppers out there and I think they deserve respect too. You don't have to like it, but I think we need to know what takes skill and what doesn't. I think many people thought that they could do a Micose style painting successfully and soon found out they were wrong. It takes skill, as does it take skill to come up with an out of the box idea and compose it and do a clean chop. Different worlds, different arts, different skills, all due their own respect. Even the "Gods of Photoshop" created a clunker now and then. I think you are a great chopper and have earned much respect but I do think your thinking of skills and what is "Good" is a little narrow in areas. No disrespect meant. Just another honest opinion. Two question,(if you don't mind) How do you rate yourself as a chopper compared to the Chrispis' and hellekros? Then, how do you rate yourself compared to todays choppers? Again, Good interview. Much respect. You're a lot younger than I thought. Wink

Patre

Post Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:40 am   Reply with quote         

Thanks for the interview answers and insight into your life,Led.
And,thanks Blue, for working up the interview questions and answers.

Post Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:54 am   Reply with quote         

FootFungas wrote:
Will there be more Interviews?

interview questions are now included in specific members' extended profiles...
I did interview questions for lurker, as well as several others I believe, but when the upgrade was done, the extended questions were added to those people's profile page.......not sure what the criteria is now of having the extended questions added, but I know it's not on everyone's profile.

This may be something that we could vote on monthly.........maybe create a list of nominees, and then everyone could vote for there favorite from the group to see who will be next to get the fancy questions added
*just an idea

In the end I suppose it is up to JMH how they are selected now, since it was removed from mr. lurker

volkswes

Post Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:04 am   Reply with quote         

Rey :
hopefully I'll stay young minded for a long time.

The debate's quite over actually...
I dont like the fact the site became the ground of people who take themselves seriously.especially the not so good choppers.
that artist wannabe attitude has killed the fun away from contests.
I dont wanna devellop too much about the changes.That's jmh's business, not mine.

I know quite a few new gifted photoshoppers, well, pardon me but that's something else.

About people's style, I have nothing to say, it's a matter of taste.
Chrispis or hellekro will wreck anyone's self esteem with a 10 minutes chop though.they're great minds, skills apart.

I could mention flyman, metalic, nancers, ed, jasper, chicken, scrolbar, obernik, alex, Al,and many others , that I wouldn't compare too.
I dont rate myself compared to todays choppers, I'll let them rate me.
If I win an ipod, it means I'm top notch, right ? ;)

If the contests dont provide me with fun anymore (whether it comes from the contests or myself), it's time to stop, that''s what I do.

Again, all that stuff is not my business actually,

thank you for the sweet words

Micose

Post Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:34 pm   Reply with quote         

The wrong thing to do is to class things . The power of this site is that it fits several kind of choppers, and may be it would not be so well known now because there's a lot of classic/humor sites around, a lot of artsy ones and PSC offers athe best view on both styles of working images.
Personally, now (i don't enter the debate here), the only thing i won't never do and what is the worse thing that evbdy could do with PS, is an "automatic filter chop" nor a simple cut/paste , besides this, I think a godd work, and acceptable work, is obviously coming from a basis of real chopping (layers,cut/paste,cloning,to master light and shadows,etc...). This is the first important thing, the SECOND, the "form", the unreal aspect or not is NOT IMPORTANT in judging if it's good or not for PSC. I tell u all the most that i practice 2 different forms of chopping, 2 main lookings and i can melt them together, whatever, remains the same amount of work, and deserves the same level of "respect".
Cool
Wes, i was asked too buy Lurker for profile when the new PSC came Wink
Micose

Post Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:40 pm   Reply with quote         

Nico, i could tell u that if PSC would have to find out the limit of the final looking of the picture for an eventual "censorship" , it would hard. Whatever, we are not in Deviantart or sthg and i assure u that PSC keeps its roots when u look at the real scoring my friend...
Micose

Post Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:41 pm   Reply with quote         

De tout emanière t'es certainement trop cool comme moi et tu t'en fous comme moi lol Laughing Cool

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Fun and Games - CHOPPER PROFILE 11- Ledirlo - Reply to topic