Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Wanna See Sumpin? - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Queen La Tiff

Post Thu Jun 08, 2006 9:31 am   Reply with quote         

That commercial was on a lot when we lived in London...Zak liked it more than most of the TV over there...although they show a lot of Colombo reruns over there..."uh, just one more thing, Ma'am..."

yello_piggy

Post Thu Jun 08, 2006 9:45 am   Reply with quote         

hehe, something special, your ball-run-paintings! Very Happy

Post Thu Jun 08, 2006 9:50 am   Reply with quote         

Laughing you're nuts! but those are very cool, I just find it funny trying to imagine you sitting there making those. Razz You should set it up so that you put the marble in one and as it exits the bottom, it drops into the next one. That would be pretty cool. You could do one where it drops a few feet to the next one onto a steep incline (so it doesn't bounce off when it lands) then have it roll down that one etc. just an idea.

Post Thu Jun 08, 2006 9:53 am   Reply with quote         

oh, and about that Honda add, I read somewhere (maybe on the Honda website, maybe Snopes, I can't remember) that there are actually three takes spliced together, since it was so long, even though each take was continuous. Something like that. And they also put weights in the wheels to make them roll up that incline when tapped.

Post Thu Jun 08, 2006 6:10 pm   Reply with quote         

mason, you have nooooo idea. Got a few more almost ready for the camera, stay tuned.

And I heard something about that commercial, too: Apparently they only built a few of these things by hand, maybe three I think, who knows...but they had to take two of them apart in order to get all the parts needed. Allegedly, the designers of the original hand-made versions weren't too keen on the whole idea of the two that had to be taken apart.

I think it's cool how that ad shows some of the features of the car...like how when the wipers get wet, they go on automatically...and how it's got a phat bass system. It was that thing with the wheels moving upward that made me think it was CG. Also (more trivia), apparently the only stuff in that ad that wasn't taken from those two cars were the floor, walls, the screen that comes down at the end, and those ramps that the car is on.

By the way, any xylophone players out there? I need to know if it's possible to get replacement plates for a xylophone...I want to use those for the "bumpers" to incorporate some kind of sound in there. Thoughts?

In the meantime, check out what ebay's cooking up for me:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6063648918&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEBI%3AIT&rd=1

Dude has some pretty crappy feedback going there, and a whole bunch of excuses. He better come correct with my x'phone.

ScionShade

Post Thu Jun 08, 2006 6:22 pm   Reply with quote         

One....I like yer art/creative outlet.
EVERYONE , serously, should have an inane outlet like that.
Two....Xylophone ringers--- go to local glass shop--there'll be thousands of little scraps of aluminum just right for ya-
drill a holw and well, you can hadle that part--but seriously
a dremel or a small saw and cut out a chime from any old thing that'll ring..
w/ a dremel you could even cut ringers slats outta pieces of glass and stuff..tingting.
three...keep it up..I like this thread.

GrampZ

Post Thu Jun 08, 2006 6:50 pm   Reply with quote         

Queen La Tiff wrote:
And digital, I guess in a show I'd put something between $900-$1200 on it as a pricetag...as a private deal to someone I knew, probably $500-600, something like that.

Er.... DP..... at that price you'd better get several. Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Post Thu Jun 08, 2006 7:04 pm   Reply with quote         

What I was wondering is, when that thing bumps the window, it rolls down automoatically to let it by...So if I owned that car and I smacked the window, it rolls down automatically??

And I can't beleive you're going to tear up that old, rare, vintage xylophone!! That is crazy!! You know how much that is worth?! Oh...99 cents? ummm...well, think of the joy it brought some old vintage dude, the sentiments it carries!! Crying or Very sad

Post Thu Jun 08, 2006 7:52 pm   Reply with quote         

GrampZ wrote:
Queen La Tiff wrote:
And digital, I guess in a show I'd put something between $900-$1200 on it as a pricetag...as a private deal to someone I knew, probably $500-600, something like that.

Er.... DP..... at that price you'd better get several. Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Oh, I can afford it... Very Happy ...right now...
Heck, I may start putting my OWN videos up...but I gotta do something on par with The Queen!

Post Thu Jun 08, 2006 8:17 pm   Reply with quote         

get some poo, dye it, and smear it all over a giant canvas. Seriously. I see stuff that has to be what I just described hanging at the Dallas Museum of Modern Art. Not that I don't like modern art.

Post Thu Jun 08, 2006 8:44 pm   Reply with quote         

Grampz, ouch! If it took me a full week to make that thing, the price is fair, right? I used to make about $150-200 take-home tending bar here. A few years ago I sold a painting through a French architecht I know, he had a friend coming in from Geneva who collects "unknown New York painters" (glad to know that's what I am, ha ha), but I sold him this 24"x24" painting right off the wall of this hair salon where it was hanging (this was in 1999, so allow for inflation). Two weeks later, Frenchie calls me up and says, "I have a message for you from Hug de Montezaun (the Swiss guy). He said to tell you that he paid ten times what you charged him to have your painting framed, and that you should multiply your prices by ten." Plus, how much to have the only one of ANYTHING these days?

It was an expensive lesson, but worth it. Around here, you actually lose credibility if you underprice your art. Something about perceived value, who the hell knows?

And scion, what a great idea! That dremel idea is the whip...

I got a canvas here that's 48" x 48"...that's the one that gets some music, I think. But I gotta do my part on the roll canvas, too.

Okay, Grampz, I thought about it some more. I'll give you a 15% discount with your AARP card. Plus free coffee refills.

I joke, I joke.

Post Thu Jun 08, 2006 9:03 pm   Reply with quote         

Quite true, price-wise...I used to put low prices on some of my earlier stuff...until I realized I could charge a lot more...AND still sell!

Post Fri Jun 09, 2006 9:27 am   Reply with quote         

there are always the suckers put there that will pay a ton for something not really worth that much. Lesson? Take advantage of those people!! Mr. Green

Post Fri Jun 09, 2006 9:31 am   Reply with quote         

could you make me one like this???

Hallcross Toots
ReinMan

Post Fri Jun 09, 2006 10:01 am   Reply with quote         

Ms.TIFF - those are sweet! Martini Man and the Big Sucka are my faves. I want one where the marble takes about 4.5 minutes to travers the whole piece of art. And then it has to drop onto a small Peruvian monkey's head which will then YOWL in anger and wake me up from my daydreaming (which I'm doing now, jeez I wish someone would YOWL and wake me up because at any moment I'm gonna start thinking about CHEESE and, SPEAKING of CHEESE it is SO wonderfully creaming and just a bit salty and usually OH SO ORANGE and did you know you can FREEZE oranges before you put them in your blender, which is best done also with a frozen banana and maybe your pet monkey will let you have his banana, but you have to be careful because a monkey who has his banana taken away from him (or her) will YOWL like the dickens!!!

Oh.

WHERE was I?

What are you all staring at!?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Wanna See Sumpin? - Reply to topic