Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Canuck Fish's website is finally up - This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 27, 28, 29  Next

TutorMe
Site Moderator

Location: Sitting in this room playing Russian roulette, finger on the trigger to my dear Juliet.

Post Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:09 am   Reply with quote         

Canuck <º)))>< wrote:
TutorMe wrote:
Child molestation is wrong because the law says it is.

So, if child molesters became the majority and abolished all laws against child molestation, it would cease to be wrong?

That's a hypothetical. I could go the same route and say, "If God showed himself, and told you that child molestation was right, would it be right?"

Canuck <º)))><

Post Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:13 am   Reply with quote         

TutorMe wrote:
That's a hypothetical. I could go the same route and say, "If God showed himself, and told you that child molestation was right, would it be right?"

Answer the question please.

(And no, God could never say that child molestation was right, as absolute moral laws are derived from His character, and God does not change).

Post Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:16 am   Reply with quote         

soooooo... does anyone do treadmill?

Post Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:17 am   Reply with quote         

Canuck <º)))>< wrote:
Claf wrote:
"For sure, there's proofs of some non-authentic stories..."

Well Claf, the very concept of 'proof' requires knowledge, logic, and truth. You have yet to tell us how any of those make sense according to your worldview. Your pre-commitment to the concept of proof, absent justification for 'proof,' exposes a glaring inconsistency in your worldview.

OK Some knowledge, logic & truth for you.
I propose you to buy & read that book... ...OK... having no more time to loose... and forget about my worldview please!
http://www.amazon.com/Bible-Unearthed-Archaeologys-Vision-Ancient/dp/0684869136

Smile

ReinMan

Post Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:19 am   Reply with quote         

Ouch.

Canuck <º)))><

Post Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:20 am   Reply with quote         

Claf wrote:

That is neither accounting for knowledge, or truth according to your worldview, that is just a book, which re-enforces your presuppositions about the Bible. I am asking how you account for logic, and truth (among other things), but you have yet to answer.

Post Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:23 am   Reply with quote         

anyone saw the dunking contest last night?

Post Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:24 am   Reply with quote         

Canuck <º)))>< wrote:
Claf wrote:

That is neither accounting for knowledge, or truth according to your worldview, that is just a book, which re-enforces your presuppositions about the Bible. I am asking how you account for logic, and truth (among other things), but you have yet to answer.

The Bible is just a book too.
And like I said before, I have no more time to loose on one of the most boring subject. Ciao!
Smile

TutorMe
Site Moderator

Location: Sitting in this room playing Russian roulette, finger on the trigger to my dear Juliet.

Post Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:26 am   Reply with quote         

Canuck <º)))>< wrote:
TutorMe wrote:

Answer the question please.

(And no, God could never say that child molestation was right, as absolute moral laws are derived from His character, and God does not change).

Reading from The Bible, it is clear that God does in fact change his mind.

From Jonah 3:1-14
Quote:
Then the word of the LORD came to Jonah a second time: “Go to the great city of Nineveh and proclaim to it the message I give you.”
Jonah obeyed the word of the LORD and went to Nineveh. Now Nineveh was a very important city – a visit required three days. On the first day, Jonah started into the city. He proclaimed: “Forty more days and Nineveh will be overturned.” [NIV]

Then, in Jonah3:5-10
Quote:
The Ninevites believed God. They declared a fast, and all of them, from the greatest to the least, put on sackcloth. When the news reached the king of Nineveh, he rose from his throne, took off his royal robes, covered himself with sackcloth and sat down in the dust.
Then he issued a proclamation in Nineveh:
“By the decree of the king and his nobles: Do not let any man or beast, herd or flock, taste
anything; do not let them eat or drink. But let man and beast be covered with sackcloth. Let
everyone call urgently on God. Let them give up their evil ways and their violence. Who knows?
God may yet relent and with compassion turn from his fierce anger so that we will not perish.”
When God saw what they did and how they turned from their evil ways, he had compassion and did not bring upon them the destruction he had threatened. [NIV]

When the Ninevites repented, God changed his mind, and spared them from destruction.

Canuck <º)))><

Post Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:26 am   Reply with quote         

Claf wrote:

Let me try to make this perfectly clear. The laws of logic are universal (apply to all people at all times), they are abstract (not made of matter), and they are invariant (they do not change). I am simply asking how these elements of logic make sense according to your worldview? How is it possible to know any universal truth in your worldview? How do things which are not made of matter make sense in your worldview? How is it possible for things to not change in your wolrdview, and on what basis do you proceed with the expectation that they WILL NOT change?

Post Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:27 am   Reply with quote         

I'll say this and then I'll shut up.

Canuck: Do you think that your thread has helped ELEVATE the community spirit and good will here? Do you think you are doing a service to your fellow peeps here? Do you think the energy in the site has gone UP or DOWN due to the inclusion of all your feedback in this thread?

I don't know the answers to these questions... most likely never will. But I hope you ask yourself those questions and put some of your powerful thinking into the answers.

Canuck <º)))><

Post Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:29 am   Reply with quote         

TutorMe wrote:

Clearly you do not understand anthropomorphism, but still, please answer my question: If child molesters became the majority, and abolished all laws regarding child molestation, would it cease to be wrong? This is hardly a debate if I am the only one answering questions.

Post Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:36 am   Reply with quote         

Canuck <º)))>< wrote:
TutorMe wrote:

Clearly you do not understand anthropomorphism, but still, please answer my question: If child molesters became the majority, and abolished all laws regarding child molestation, would it cease to be wrong? This is hardly a debate if I am the only one answering questions.

No. It wouldn't cease to be wrong. I don't have anything to prove WHY it's wrong if that is the case, but it is.

I'll explain my last post this way. According to The Bible, humans have free will.
If this is true, and God does not manipulate us to comply with what he asks of us, then he is at the mercy of our free will.

Canuck <º)))><

Post Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:36 am   Reply with quote         

ReinMan wrote:
Canuck: Do you think that your thread has helped ELEVATE the community spirit and good will here?

Well, they only seem to be taking shots at me, and I can handle it Very Happy I did not resurrect the thread, but if I am going to be challenged, I will respond. As far as elevating the community spirit, there seems to be elevated spirit here yes Very Happy
ReinMan wrote:
Do you think you are doing a service to your fellow peeps here?

If it leads to their repentance, absolutely Very Happy
ReinMan wrote:
Do you think the energy in the site has gone UP or DOWN due to the inclusion of all your feedback in this thread?

Definitely up! Look at all the views!
ReinMan wrote:
I don't know the answers to these questions... most likely never will. But I hope you ask yourself those questions and put some of your powerful thinking into the answers.

Thanks for the advice!

Cheers

(Edit to fix quote)

Post Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:38 am   Reply with quote         

Only God can show them! How many times did Jesus flee from those that were questioning him, cause he new their hearts.
He came for the broken hearted, the sinners, not the leaders trying to argue everything. Broken people, sinners like us don't argue we just freely receive!

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 27, 28, 29  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Canuck Fish's website is finally up - This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.