Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Canuck Fish's website is finally up - This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 27, 28, 29  Next

Canuck <º)))><

Post Sat Jun 10, 2006 12:33 pm   Reply with quote         

ScionShade wrote:
The guy has four links on a big page=
all stuff about God...the fourth of those links says
"I don't care" and if you click on it...it says "Thanks for visiting".
I never see anyone on this site attacked for posting threads to ;outside interests' they wish to share..if you don't like this guys outside interest ignore it...

Okay, who are you and what have you done with Scion?

Canuck <º)))><

Post Sat Jun 10, 2006 12:35 pm   Reply with quote         

digitalpharaoh wrote:

Historical documents prove that both individuals existed. Where is the historical data to back up the claim that God exists?

Um...the Bible?

Post Sat Jun 10, 2006 12:38 pm   Reply with quote         

DOES GOD EXIST?

It is in need of pointing out that this question has been asked since the time of our first conscious awareness. Even though it varies in how it is asked, no other notion is anywhere near as universally represented in the thoughts of humans.

The glaring conclusion to this ubiquitous enquiry is definitive proof that the answer is not forthcoming by normal observation. If it were, then billions of humans would have no need of asking it. Many thousands of peoples and races have made up answers to satisfy our inherent need-to-know mentally. These answers vary to such a degree, that their only commonality is in the acceptance without evidence, of the existence of a supernatural realm.

Can billions of humans be wrong in drawing conclusions based on nothing but suspect ancient stories and “feelings” that there is indeed a “God”?

Before we answer this question, it must be remembered that the superstitious nature of humans has had us believing in many un-evidenced propositions. To name but a few, - visits by extraterrestrial life, the existence of ghosts, water divining, the reality of witches and so on and so forth. Until relatively recently, some of us believed in a Flat Earth and a 6000-year-old Universe. Many prominent persons accepted it as true that Fairies were real and that communication with the dead and astral travel were possible.

There is no doubt at all that humanity has a penchant for accepting unreasonable propositions as a matter of course. There is no proof, excepting “feelings”, to support any of the above.

“Hold on!” I hear you say, most of those people were and are ‘nutters’ and not mainstream representation. This criticism can be disregarded if it is considered that until the time of Darwin, it was commonly accepted in Western philosophy, that the Earth was created by a “God” as depicted in the Bible. This creation event was only some thousands of years past. Even though humanity was surrounded by the evidence disputing such a grand thought, it was not recognised. Why was this so?

Post Sat Jun 10, 2006 12:39 pm   Reply with quote         

See, that's usually the answer I get.

mikey

Post Sat Jun 10, 2006 12:44 pm   Reply with quote         

All this is just by chance? Shocked we crawled out of the ocean a one celled bacteria, now we have photoshop? Laughing

Post Sat Jun 10, 2006 12:45 pm   Reply with quote         

blue_lurker wrote:
DOES GOD EXIST?

The glaring conclusion to this ubiquitous enquiry is definitive proof that the answer is not forthcoming by normal observation. If it were, then billions of humans would have no need of asking it.

First, how does he know this?

Second, you are obviuosly trying to argue logically - How do you account for universal, unchanging, immaterial laws of logic if the universe were only material and random?

You are borrowing laws of logic which are justified in my worldview to argue against my worldview. Justify laws of logic in YOUR worldview, THEN use them.

Post Sat Jun 10, 2006 12:45 pm   Reply with quote         

Ok ya answer the bible
large support for the belief in a “God” from the New Testament. The story of Jesus as the Son of “God” is the lynchpin of Christianity.

there are no eyewitness accounts to the supposed life of Jesus. It appears that the four known Gospels were taken from the accounts of Paul. Paul never met Jesus, there is no credible ex-Bible supporting evidence for the miraculous events of his miricles. It is all very suspicious hearsay, full of inconsistency and inaccuracy mixed with made-up astounding occurrences not recorded elsewhere.

blue_lurker

Post Sat Jun 10, 2006 12:47 pm   Reply with quote         

Quote:
First, how does he know this?

Second, you are obviuosly trying to argue logically - How do you account for universal, unchanging, immaterial laws of logic if the universe were only material and random?

You are borrowing laws of logic which are justified in my worldview to argue against my worldview. Justify laws of logic in your worldview THEN use them.

Quote:

I quote from Dr David Nicholls, theoligist and religous instructor at UWA...oh and he was a preist for 34 years before he renounced his beleifs for a more logical answer.

The explanation is quite simple and has it origins in a William of the village of Ockham in Surrey (England) in about 1285. William of Ockham was a controversial theologian who clashed with the Pope of the day, John XXII, on various matters involving papal powers, etc. William valued the idea of parsimony (economic use of thoughts and ideas) and eventually a rule was developed that was known as Ockham’s razor. It stated, “Plurality should not be assumed without necessity”, or, “keep it simple”. The latter phrase in itself is a demonstration of the principle. The most likely explanation is more often than not, the correct one. In William’s day therefore, the simple answer to, “was the Earth created 6000 ago”, was “yes”. There was no science enough to alter that conclusion and thus it was accepted.

Ironically, William’s rule is now one of the cornerstones of science, and without it, knowledge would be burdened with all kinds of Para-normal and wild assumptive intrusion, enough to make scientific endeavour, as we know it, impossible

Post Sat Jun 10, 2006 12:47 pm   Reply with quote         

See, my biggest issue with this entire thing is what I encounter on almost a daily basis...someone shoving Christainity in my face, proclaiming that I need God in my life and that I'll never find peace if i don't go to church and contribute to the building fund or give alms...THAT is a bunch of &^*%()! Granted, I suppose Christains are supposed to "spread the word", but it gets realllllly old after a while. They would rather stand in my face and debate and try to discredit my belief system while trying to "convert" me into their way of thinking....instead of saying "I respect your beliefs. have a nice day." I respect Canuck's beliefs and I'm not trying to take anything away from that. For some people, the whole notion of God, Jesus, Heaven and Hell works for them. I just wish that those same people would not try to condemn/convert others who think differently.

ScionShade

Post Sat Jun 10, 2006 12:48 pm   Reply with quote         

There is ample evidence for a young earth Blurk...
If you were interested in the concept, I'd suggest using the Internet
study it.
Those of you who believe in a creator are not going to have your minds changed by the ignorant , simple minded detractors at this site.
Those of you who do NOT believe in a creator are not going to have your minds changed by the ignorant , simple minded superstitious knuckleheads on this site.
This thread is nothing but a group of people ALL unwilling to have their
perspective changed on this subject................
As a shit freaking load of you opinionated members of this site declared
to every member of this site and to my self in every last freaking way possible...
If you have nothing positive to say.. STFU AND CHOP!

blue_lurker

Post Sat Jun 10, 2006 12:50 pm   Reply with quote         

I agree Digi but all Im doing is debating the idea of existance...I can prove I exsist but how do you prove a beleive exists and has a bassis in truth not myth.

Post Sat Jun 10, 2006 12:52 pm   Reply with quote         

blue_lurker wrote:
I agree Digi but all Im doing is debating the idea of existance...I can prove I exsist but how do you prove a beleive exists and has a bassis in truth not myth.

I think, therefore I am.

And...gasp...I agree with Scion...STFU and CHOP!

blue_lurker

Post Sat Jun 10, 2006 12:54 pm   Reply with quote         

Your entilted to your opinion Shade, as I am to mine...I would love some one to prove to me there is an all knowing all seeing all powerful being out there cause if not its a big waste of space huh.

My next argument Shade was going to be the universal angle...

The Universe, as far as all science knows, works using the four forces of nature with no variance having ever been reliably observed or recorded. Within this framework, the intricacy of quantum physics has particles not acting in accord with common-sense predictability. A velocity or position can be calculated, but not both at the same time. This demonstrates a propensity for a deeper meaning to nature than is yet understood. To conclude now that “God” created the Universe, is akin to our forebears stating that the Earth was 6000 years old in their time. The simplest explanation is that nature is not yet fully explained and to bring a “God” into the equation only creates undue complexity.

This is from a document I read a very long time ago and makes a lot of sense to me wish I could remember who wrote it because the document had some very good questions left un answered... Confused

Canuck <º)))><

Post Sat Jun 10, 2006 12:54 pm   Reply with quote         

blue_lurker wrote:
Ok ya answer the bible
large support for the belief in a “God” from the New Testament. The story of Jesus as the Son of “God” is the lynchpin of Christianity.

there are no eyewitness accounts to the supposed life of Jesus. It appears that the four known Gospels were taken from the accounts of Paul. Paul never met Jesus, there is no credible ex-Bible supporting evidence for the miraculous events of his miricles. It is all very suspicious hearsay, full of inconsistency and inaccuracy mixed with made-up astounding occurrences not recorded elsewhere.

What is your proof for these statements?

What is your justification for using logic?

You are among the minority who believe that Jesus never existed. Even non-Christians scholars grant the existence of Jesus. You do not mention the Gospels of Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John. Paul DID meet Jesus, on the road to Emmaus. (Acts chapter 9)

Your dismissal of Jesus due to a 'lack of eyewitness" accounts is spurious information.
We have eyewitness accounts of Jesus. You have no eyewitness accounts of me. Do you doubt that I exist?

Post Sat Jun 10, 2006 12:56 pm   Reply with quote         

aww come on guys this is one of the better debates that I have had in here for ages...I remeber the last one involved Mr Shade and it went for a long time in chat...just cant remember what the subject was...can you shade... Wink

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 27, 28, 29  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Canuck Fish's website is finally up - This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.