Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Ask the Experts - rotating canvas - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post Thu Jun 29, 2006 1:41 pm   Reply with quote         

Anyone know of a plugin or some easy possibility to rotate your canvas like you rotate a real paper when you're drawing something?

A bit like what's used in toonboom, I'm personaly very fond of that feature and I really miss this (or don't know it exists) in ps.

Post Thu Jun 29, 2006 1:46 pm   Reply with quote         

and don't tell me to tilt my monitor...I know you're thinking it.. (and I know such monitors exists, but are you willing to buy one for me?)

Post Thu Jun 29, 2006 2:25 pm   Reply with quote         

well, you can rotate it, but it's not as simple as grabbing the edges and doing it whenever you need to. You have to go to Image>Rotate Canvas>Arbitrary... and then select CW (Clockwise) or CCW(CounterClockwise) and enter in how many degrees you want to rotate it. pain in the ass, but the only way as far as I know. there may be some third party plugin for that, but it'd probably cost you money.

Post Thu Jun 29, 2006 2:44 pm   Reply with quote         

Select all layers and edit->transform->rotate Question

Post Thu Jun 29, 2006 2:50 pm   Reply with quote         

no no no , it's not that I want, I really mean rotating wthout resizing the canvas (wich happens when you use the arbitrary rotation)i.

like you sometimes adjust a paper to draw some lineswich are hard to draw if your paper is straight. (take a look at the image I submitted above. The grey area is your desktop and not part of the image.

There will be probably some 3rd party plugins for that. But that's just what I can't find. (and I'm willing to pay for that if it exist.)

Post Thu Jun 29, 2006 2:50 pm   Reply with quote         

Yes, I know what you're talking about. I'm just telling you the closest way to achieve that effect in photoshop. I have also wished there was a tool like this, because it'd be really handy while using a tablet.

Post Thu Jun 29, 2006 2:57 pm   Reply with quote         

mason4300 wrote:
because it'd be really handy while using a tablet.
exactly the same reason, it would certainly increase my workflow...

Post Thu Jun 29, 2006 3:14 pm   Reply with quote         

Tricky question. The best I can suggest is:
make a new layer, paint it and add cool frames Smile
and then rotate all layers

Post Thu Jun 29, 2006 3:15 pm   Reply with quote         

you'd think there would be some genius out there that has also thought of this, but was capable of doing it...Heck, i'm surprised Adobe hasn't thought of it, it would be a relatively simple thing to accomplish, compared to all the other features there are in Photoshop...Maybe we could write letters/emails describing what it is; If their programmers didn't read it and go Duh! Now why didn't we think of this? and put it in the next version of Photoshop, they would be nuts! It would just need a simple on/off toggle, and when it was on, little handles would appear on the edge of the canvas so you could rotate it, and it would also have a box where you could put in exact degrees, if needed. So simple...

Post Thu Jun 29, 2006 3:22 pm   Reply with quote         

I'm assuming that PS was written off of Windows APIs and the windows are just an extension of the windows in umm.. "Windows". Confused

Having said that (very carefully I might add), unless the Windows API allows functionality for this type of behavior with windows in general, then it's a bit more difficult than it seems it would be.

Of course, I could be wrong! But if I am, don't tell my wife.. She thinks I'm perfect! Laughing

Post Thu Jun 29, 2006 3:31 pm   Reply with quote         

I can see what you're talking about. I'm still sure it could be done, though.

Post Thu Jun 29, 2006 3:49 pm   Reply with quote         

Guess i found a whole in the market :p

Well even if it"s not that easy to do, they really should think about it. Like I said before, ToonBoom has this capability, so I
I'm sure this feature would be greatly appreciated by many people.

Just filed a request to Adobe, so maybe in the next version :p

Quote:
you'd think there would be some genius out there that has also thought of this,
Oi! What do you mean, I'm not a genius or what? Evil or Very Mad

Post Thu Jun 29, 2006 4:09 pm   Reply with quote         

Just some programming Azionite. The window can be any shape. If I can do it, I think they can do it Laughing

ScionShade

Post Thu Jun 29, 2006 4:13 pm   Reply with quote         

Before you know it...using the tablet ...............
will be so natural, you wont want that feature anymore.
It's pretty neat when ya all a sudden notice that you and the tablet have 'clicked'.
When ya pick up the pen and stab at the tablet without even giving it a thought and open a file, choose a tool, put that paintbrush right down in the chop where ya want it to be.,
and just start working.
The tablet will after a short time be an extention of yourself..be one with it.
It'll happen.

Post Thu Jun 29, 2006 4:17 pm   Reply with quote         

I use a tablet; yeah you could flip your tablet a bit, but it's not that comfortable, (atleast not to me)

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Ask the Experts - rotating canvas - Reply to topic