Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Ask the Experts - rotating canvas - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

ScionShade

Post Thu Jun 29, 2006 4:24 pm   Reply with quote         

Yeah I felt the same way....it just something that happened all a sudden...I guess your brain eventually starts making the adjustments for ya.
I think it's like these people that type good w/ out ever looking at the keys..
it becomes natural to do.

Post Thu Jun 29, 2006 4:40 pm   Reply with quote         

ScionShade wrote:
Yeah I felt the same way....it just something that happened all a sudden...I guess your brain eventually starts making the adjustments for ya.
I think it's like these people that type good w/ out ever looking at the keys..
it becomes natural to do.

Then I must have a slow brain
, I'm using a tablet for over 3 years now :s

Post Thu Jun 29, 2006 4:49 pm   Reply with quote         

HA! That's ok...I've been typing a lot longer than that...I still use two fingers an peck Razz

Post Thu Jun 29, 2006 5:04 pm   Reply with quote         

Grefix wrote:
Quote:
you'd think there would be some genius out there that has also thought of this,
Oi! What do you mean, I'm not a genius or what? Evil or Very Mad

No, I mean someone who has both the capabilities to think of this idea and have the knowledge and skills to actually make the plugin. I've wished for the exact same thing several times, and i'm sure you and I aren't the only ones who have. Smile

Post Thu Jun 29, 2006 5:07 pm   Reply with quote         

ScionShade wrote:
Before you know it...using the tablet ...............
will be so natural, you wont want that feature anymore.
It's pretty neat when ya all a sudden notice that you and the tablet have 'clicked'.
When ya pick up the pen and stab at the tablet without even giving it a thought and open a file, choose a tool, put that paintbrush right down in the chop where ya want it to be.,
and just start working.
The tablet will after a short time be an extention of yourself..be one with it.
It'll happen.

Yes, i've already had this happen. But just think of how convienient it would be to be able to rotate the digital canvas instead of the actual tablet. Even if people are good at using a tablet, there are always those brush strokes that you just can't get right without rotating the tablet.

Post Thu Jun 29, 2006 5:21 pm   Reply with quote         

Have you tried "FREE TRANSFORM" under EDIT?

That allows you to freely rotate the layer by eye, without entering those annoying numbers.

Maybe someone already mentioned this, I just scanned this thread and didn't see it mentioned though...

Cool

Post Thu Jun 29, 2006 5:54 pm   Reply with quote         

ReinMan wrote:
That's not the point, we're talking about actually rotating the document view without disturbing the data inside the image.

And even if it was a possible solution, it's counterproductive, it would still take more time then a simple twist with some kind of handle.

mason wrote:
and i'm sure you and I aren't the only ones who have
yup, but we're probably the first ones mentioning it on the www :p (couldn't find a similar thread, discussion, or whatsoever)

Post Thu Jun 29, 2006 6:14 pm   Reply with quote         

If you really needed to do it, you could work in sets on a canvas that was about 3 times the size of the image you are working on, The just rotate the set(folder) making sure you put the centre pin in the middle of you image you want to rotate, alot of messing about but it does work.

Post Thu Jun 29, 2006 8:31 pm   Reply with quote         

that's what the tool I mentioned does, and that's pretty much the only way photoshop can do this. That's still not what he wants, though.

Post Thu Jun 29, 2006 8:43 pm   Reply with quote         

Grefix wrote:
ReinMan wrote:
That's not the point, we're talking about actually rotating the document view without disturbing the data inside the image.

And even if it was a possible solution, it's counterproductive, it would still take more time then a simple twist with some kind of handle.

Oh! Sorry - I just figured you were paid by the hour... Razz

Post Fri Jun 30, 2006 3:03 am   Reply with quote         

ReinMan wrote:
Oh! Sorry - I just figured you were paid by the hour... Razz
Actually paid per job, so the more time I need to do something, the less I get paid per hour Very Happy

Laughing googleads are surely ituitive: improve you photoshop productiby with photoshop keyboards, usb, wireless

Post Fri Jun 30, 2006 5:04 pm   Reply with quote         

mason4300 wrote:
that's what the tool I mentioned does, and that's pretty much the only way photoshop can do this. That's still not what he wants, though.

No. if you do what i suggest then the whole image will rotate, the only thing that wont rotate is the canvas behind, so nothing is lost ect, as long as you keep all your levels in one set then it will work perfectly, when the image is finished simply crop it to the size you require.

mikey

Post Fri Jun 30, 2006 5:19 pm   Reply with quote         

I hold the Ctrl key then press(T) for transform" then you should be able to rotate the canvas with the arrows on the outside of the canvas without changing the size".. if you have layers, you have to link/lock them together before you turning the layers or the the canvas" of course you have to hit enter after the move to apply" I'm not sure if that's what your looking for? Rolling Eyes

Post Fri Jun 30, 2006 5:57 pm   Reply with quote         

Mikey, Meaty, you're missing the point. Or maybe you're not, but he doesn't want to rotate the layers, he wants to rotate the actual window that the file is in. Of course, this isn't possible unless there's some sort of third party plugin, which is unlikely. He doesn't want to rotate the layers in the window by themselves.

Post Fri Jun 30, 2006 6:09 pm   Reply with quote         

Exactly hat mason said. I know how to get by this thing to rotate stuff and such, that's all not the poin (wouldn't it be weird as a photoshopper that I never heard of rotating layers, canvases, etc...)

Alltough thanks for all those suggestions, but they're not what I want...

My point is, there should be some handle that can easily accomplish this without disturbing your work or doing whatever trick or messing around. (no need to lock layers, groups sets, or whatever)

I was actually looking for some kind of plugin (actually tool) wich accomplishes that, untill now I haven't found such a thing.

So it's not about how to simulate it, I know how to do that (and you all do to by th look of all these suggestions Very Happy) I want it to be part of my working environment (wich seems unlikely to be done in the next years).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Ask the Experts - rotating canvas - Reply to topic