Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - PSC Scroll Sources & Stories - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

ReinMan

Post Sun Jul 16, 2006 1:08 pm   Reply with quote         

WEll, now that we're going for a World Record, there should be more Stories of Wonderous Inspiration and Whatnot.

I must admit I'm looking forward to my next bit, and I hope I get to be put between two existing bits again - that added to the challenge ! Smile

---------------*EDIT*-------------------

Oops! I just found out I get the OPPOSITE of the Sandwich Challenge... I get the BLANK PAGE! Gonna start off Break-Away #2!

Maybe Splodge will do me the honour of a 3rd piece to Unite the Two Worms! Wink

Paul Von Stetina

Post Sun Jul 16, 2006 11:20 pm   Reply with quote         

Hmmm, I think the roots from side to side was the beginning thought, and then after I got the 2 trees together, the rest was filler, the baby chicks following the mother was something I shot days before, and one night when I had a few beers, I thought what the heck, let them follow her around the trees, anyway, after I woke up the next day, I said to myself, WTF, I wish I could get another chance, then Splodge sent me an e-mail asking me if I wanted one Shocked So now I'm off to buy more beers Razz

mightybeet
Site Moderator

Post Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:08 pm   Reply with quote         

here is the original one i did pencil on paper probably... 8 years ago?... was workin at a summer camp and couldnt sleep so i did this round 1am in the morning.

the left side i did while playing with layers a while back just to see what would happen. used it to fill the spot cause i couldnt think of somethin to put there... will probably change the whole thing later on

L@rue: I'm eating a bag of bbq chips and drink a cocacola
cafn8d

Post Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:53 pm   Reply with quote         

Paul Von Stetina wrote:
Hmmm, I think the roots from side to side was the beginning thought, and then after I got the 2 trees together, the rest was filler, the baby chicks following the mother was something I shot days before, and one night when I had a few beers, I thought what the heck, let them follow her around the trees, anyway, after I woke up the next day, I said to myself, WTF, I wish I could get another chance, then Splodge sent me an e-mail asking me if I wanted one Shocked So now I'm off to buy more beers Razz

Laughing

I love the endless line of ducklings and the trees intertwining, rooting it all together. Love the composition; great job!

mightybeet wrote:
here is the original one i did pencil on paper probably... 8 years ago?... was workin at a summer camp and couldnt sleep so i did this round 1am in the morning.

the left side i did while playing with layers a while back just to see what would happen. used it to fill the spot cause i couldnt think of somethin to put there... will probably change the whole thing later on

Please don't change it! I love this composition and awesome blending into the previous pic! You want to change it? Just get on board the list to do a second scrolly bit! Very Happy ...just, uh, try to do it before the next millenium, okay? Laughing Wink

cafn8d

Post Mon Jul 24, 2006 12:43 pm   Reply with quote         

Hey, all! There are lots more pictures added and more to come--Please share your stories of inspiration; however silly and insignificant or serious and grandiose they may be! Very Happy

Post Mon Jul 24, 2006 2:20 pm   Reply with quote         

For the second entry, I was highly medicated... Shocked
I don't remember much of actually...doing...it.

cafn8d

Post Tue Aug 01, 2006 6:55 pm   Reply with quote         

Laughing

(_)_)(_(_)
bump!

rashdog
Site Moderator

Post Tue Aug 01, 2006 11:04 pm   Reply with quote         

ok...I like dogs, especially the ones above. I like kayaking...especially at the place in the picture. Oh,,.and that photoshop thing is a a bit of a habit too.

TofuTheGreat

Post Fri Aug 25, 2006 9:50 pm   Reply with quote         

When I saw Az's entry I wasn't sure what to do. I knew I wanted a transition that was as seamless as I could make it.

So while contemplating this at work I came up with my idea. That idea (or theme) is someone daydreaming at work (but that's not me in the picture Laughing ). That's the reason for the time clock paraphenalia in the background. Then there's the iconic "idea" morphing into a daydream/fantasy that start's with Az's entry.

I'd like to fix the morphed lightbulbs a bit more and I'd like to integrate Az's painting hand better. But I couldn't figure out how to do what I wanted in Gimp.

I can't wait until I get Photoshop. Confused

TofuTheGreat

Post Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:12 am   Reply with quote         

{bump}

I've had a couple people ask if that's my cat. It's not. Trying to come up with something that meshed with Splodges Puffin/Nuffin was tougher than I thought it'd be.

I started a pier scene but didn't like how it was going so I started over. While looking at the post, and wondering what to do, I got irritated with one of my cats. She was in heat while I did that section. Get the "friggin' MEOW" reference now? Laughing

TofuTheGreat

Post Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:13 am   Reply with quote         

I just noticed both of my entries have an aqua gradient on the left edge. Must've been subliminal. Shocked

cafn8d

Post Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:23 am   Reply with quote         

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
friggin' meow!

Post Tue Oct 24, 2006 3:05 pm   Reply with quote         

In my entry, I wanted to do something other-worldly so I started with the nebula, star, whatever it is (LD I really don't care what it is,it looks cool). Wink

Then I wanted to bring the artistic side into it, so I put the hand in there painting the stars and I thought the balloon just added a bit of whimsical brilliance (or stupidity whichever you prefer).

I wanted to have the PSC logo in there somewhere, so I added the entire top banner (from the old site) and it looked like a comet to me, so I made it look more like a comet.

Funny thing was I didn't notice Stevester's roll canvas entry until after mine was submitted (balloon in space and all). Was wondering if anyone would accuse me of copying his idea/him mine. Noone has said anything thus far about it. Laughing

annajon

Post Fri Oct 12, 2007 1:10 am   Reply with quote         

Well, this is a dead thread worth having a new go at, I think

annajon

Post Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:36 am   Reply with quote         

BUMP BUMP BUMP

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - PSC Scroll Sources & Stories - Reply to topic