Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - best of - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post Sun Jul 30, 2006 11:42 am   Reply with quote         

Caldera

Post Sun Jul 30, 2006 11:49 am   Reply with quote         

You forgot this one, one of the best chops i've ever seen here.

bx3800

Post Sun Jul 30, 2006 11:57 am   Reply with quote         

Helpin out ledilrilo:.

[img]http://photoshopcontest.com/view-entry/32675/display.html[/img]

bx3800

Post Sun Jul 30, 2006 12:28 pm   Reply with quote         

thx a lot bx !

bx3800

Post Sun Jul 30, 2006 4:18 pm   Reply with quote         

no prob:.! Wink

TofuTheGreat

Post Sun Jul 30, 2006 8:09 pm   Reply with quote         

Caldera wrote:
You forgot this one, one of the best chops i've ever seen here.

Totally agree with you. This is one of my all-time favs.

(sorry for commenting LED but I had to Wink )

edit: boy I wish I could type and think at the same time without one screwing the other up. Wink

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Sun Jul 30, 2006 8:33 pm   Reply with quote         

Ledirlo is Arc? oh, well.... Cool

The point Ledirarc is trying to make (I think) is to look through the galleries and those top choppers' portfolios to get a good feel for what is very appealing and considered good photoshopping at this site.

Sometimes I think I have a good idea and look through the gallery to see it's been done a dozen times. It makes one think a little further outside the box.

A flower doesn't need to be A FLOWER...a gizmo doesn't need to be A ROBOT....

ermmm, sorry for adding my 2 cents on your thread, Led Wink

Micose

Post Sun Jul 30, 2006 8:41 pm   Reply with quote         

i understand Eve, but i technically agree with your selection Nico, i'm totally amazed byt this hand (who's the chopper of this ?). But i think that you can call better your thread "Best of realism"...would be more right.wht u think mon pote ?
Micose

Post Sun Jul 30, 2006 8:43 pm   Reply with quote         

..;well this work is realistic, technically, even if the matter, the image ,is surreal.
Caldera

Post Sun Jul 30, 2006 9:48 pm   Reply with quote         

Micose wrote:
i understand Eve, but i technically agree with your selection Nico, i'm totally amazed byt this hand (who's the chopper of this ?). But i think that you can call better your thread "Best of realism"...would be more right.wht u think mon pote ?

Micose, the hand was done by ledirlo. If you haven't done so, look through his protfolio. He is without question on of my favorite choppers here, and a master of texture overlays and integrations. He has done many more that are just as amazing.

Paul Von Stetina

Post Mon Jul 31, 2006 12:34 am   Reply with quote         

I couldn't resist... Laughing

Post Mon Jul 31, 2006 2:55 am   Reply with quote         

thx for the sweet words.

Eve's right, when I see what people call "amazing" or "wonderfull" in contests, I feel like reminding them what a simple clean job is.Of course not speaking of myself but claf, metalic and chrispis.

so it's good to have some reference, right ?

Micose: It's my fist in that pic.

Micose

Post Mon Jul 31, 2006 10:30 am   Reply with quote         

Caldera wrote:
Micose wrote:

Micose, the hand was done by ledirlo. If you haven't done so, look through his protfolio. He is without question on of my favorite choppers here, and a master of texture overlays and integrations. He has done many more that are just as amazing.

yep i know his portofolio but i didn't see this one! Wink
Micose

Post Mon Jul 31, 2006 10:41 am   Reply with quote         

there is 2 sorts of chops, the good ones and the bad ones, whatever if it's simple and clean or crazy/surreal for me it's the same thing, it's good... i hate simple and crappy/fuzzy chops, and dirty/fuzzy pop artsysingle filtered ones too.equal problem. i say excellent or awesome,Quality is my only reference if i'd do a thread called best of"
ReyRey

Post Mon Jul 31, 2006 12:33 pm   Reply with quote         

Even the examples that you posted are not all "perfect" but they are great ideasthat were executed with skill. Some people are more consistant than others because they found thier style or niche. Sometimes the simplest image can be outstanding if it is clever and clean. Sometimes just finding the right combination of images and putting them together well does the trick. (candy globe) Some others like to create something from nothing., create thier own smoke, water , rust, etc. and then build on that. There are many different people on this site. Some are photographers at heart. They usually like to combine photographs with clever ideas. Some are fine artist who like to paint and create in photoshop. Some are illustrators who can really tell a story or tell a joke with an image. When you get someone who incorporates all these things, you get the superstars. Someone who can create an image that "seems" technically flawless ( anyone can find an issue with an image if he/she wants too) , relays a message to the viewer making the viewer feel something. (funny, serious, happy,political, whatever) Creates something that is designed well (not hard too look at, Ex: too busy, distracting lines, etc.) Then you have the Superstars. Word to the wise: Look at the portfolios of the "Superstars" and look at the entire portfolio. Even they don't always create perfection. Then on the other hand some people who do not have an art background or training sometimes reach perfection. The right combination of images, a good design, and a kick ass idea carry them over the top. We all have to start somewhere Wink

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - best of - Reply to topic