Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Ask the Experts - Question about buying CS2 - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

TofuTheGreat

Post Tue Aug 01, 2006 5:26 pm   Reply with quote         

PVS: How many numbers in your lottery? Here is 6/56 and a bonus (I think anyway as I don't play). Once I know that I'll get you the numbers.

Will I get to pick the computer and camera? Oh and I am SOOOOO in for roast pig and hula girls. You'll have to fly the hula girls to Tahiti too though.

FootFungas

Post Tue Aug 01, 2006 5:30 pm   Reply with quote         

Evelyn wrote:
Tofu, you have an older version of PS now, which one? Are you wanting CS2 to update your PS or to get Illustrator? the reason I'm askind is that I'm on dinosaur PS (aka 5.5), and need to think about the best time for me to get upgraded. I'm holding off a bit longer til I feel I've got what I need out of what we already have. But I don't have Illustrator. not learned it yet. How important is the upgrade for PS itself, how important is Illustrator to folks' work here?

Illusrator is mainly used for creating vector graphics, I do a lot of those, but do them all in PS7. It doesnt have nearly as many tools for creating vectors, but I'm too cheap to care.

here are some ive done in PS.

http://photoshopcontest.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=3947&highlight=artwork

Post Tue Aug 01, 2006 6:08 pm   Reply with quote         

You got it , it's 6/53, Post them 6 on this thread, that would be a trip huh? Drawing is tomorrow night Razz

http://www.flalottery.com/lottoMain.do

Post Tue Aug 01, 2006 7:47 pm   Reply with quote         

FootFungas wrote:
Evelyn wrote:
Tofu, you have an older version of PS now, which one? Are you wanting CS2 to update your PS or to get Illustrator? the reason I'm askind is that I'm on dinosaur PS (aka 5.5), and need to think about the best time for me to get upgraded. I'm holding off a bit longer til I feel I've got what I need out of what we already have. But I don't have Illustrator. not learned it yet. How important is the upgrade for PS itself, how important is Illustrator to folks' work here?

Illusrator is mainly used for creating vector graphics, I do a lot of those, but do them all in PS7. It doesnt have nearly as many tools for creating vectors, but I'm too cheap to care.

here are some ive done in PS.

http://photoshopcontest.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=3947&highlight=artwork

VERY NICE WORK Footfungas! Rose is my favorite - you really have a feel for this kind of image. congratulations

and Tofu - I didn't know about GIMP - so I looked it up on google. looks like it does very similar things to PS - interesting that a shareware will do so much.
good luck on your decision on upgrade and good luck getting your camera fixed/replaced. I hope you can get something for your daughter to work with - 13 is a perfect age for getting serious about something she loves.

Micose

Post Tue Aug 01, 2006 7:54 pm   Reply with quote         

Paul Von Stetina wrote:
Well Tofu, Rolling Eyes lottery tickets are only 1 buck, ours is up to $30 mil. this week, got any lucky #'s? I'll buy you a new Computer and a Digital camera of your choice if you give me the right #'s Very Happy Oh yea, then I'd fly everyone from PSC to a private party in Tahiti, ya'll like roast pig with hula girls? Razz

I WANT to go to Tahiti.
TofuTheGreat

Post Tue Aug 01, 2006 9:18 pm   Reply with quote         

Paul Von Stetina wrote:
You got it , it's 6/53, Post them 6 on this thread, that would be a trip huh? Drawing is tomorrow night Razz

http://www.flalottery.com/lottoMain.do

Okay here ya go:

11, 17, 23, 39, 45, 51

Good Luck to us all! Laughing

Paul Von Stetina

Post Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:51 pm   Reply with quote         

OK Tofu, I'll play them, this will be fun Very Happy Now I have to find a dollar Laughing

You know the first scratch ticket I ever bought was a $5000 winner, so you got the right person for the job Very Happy

Paul Von Stetina

Post Wed Aug 02, 2006 12:54 am   Reply with quote         

Good luck to us all at PSC Confused

marcoballistic

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:20 am   Reply with quote         

yo Tofu, without reading everyones replies (sorry but not much time) Very Happy

I would be worried with the spec you said. it will run, but the time spent waiting for different things to process on cs2 may cause you to jump on a large sword shaped object.

not good I am sure you will agree. I have also seen lesser machines really struggle with basic tools, making them jump and miss commands for example the pen tool. As the RAM goes into cardiac arrest trying to cope.

I say, rob the nearest bank and get an uber computer that creates its own magnetical field viewable from space Very Happy

TofuTheGreat

Post Wed Aug 02, 2006 9:30 am   Reply with quote         

Paul Von Stetina wrote:

Oh the FLORIDA Lottery. Well I may have given you the wrong numbers then. Confused

See I was thinking of the numbers for the Alabama lottery. Embarassed (yeah that's a good disclaimer)

Laughing

I can't believe you actually bought the ticket. Good luck anyway Paul! (We really need an emoticon for crossed fingers.)

Paul Von Stetina

Post Wed Aug 02, 2006 12:05 pm   Reply with quote         

Not theee Alabamee lottereee? Laughing oh well, I'll just throw all this money away Sad

TofuTheGreat

Post Wed Aug 02, 2006 1:59 pm   Reply with quote         

Paul Von Stetina wrote:
Not theee Alabamee lottereee? Laughing oh well, I'll just throw all this money away Sad

You know I'll crap purple twinkies if you win anything right? Laughing

Paul Von Stetina

Post Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:22 pm   Reply with quote         

LOL Tofu, I think there would be a lot of purple twinkies all over the place, cuz that would get everyone in PSC blowin twinkies, but hey, we can still hope, right? Very Happy

Paul Von Stetina

Post Wed Aug 02, 2006 11:06 pm   Reply with quote         

Confused Just waiting for the results Rolling Eyes

OK LOSERS! the #'s are 03-09-18-38-39-41...

Sorry Tofu Very Happy only got 1- number correct, 39, but this was so much fun, we'll go again if the jackpot rolls over Crying or Very sad

Lord David

Location: Melbourne, Australian Continent, Earth, Sector 001, United Federation of Planets, Alpha Quadrant.

Post Thu Aug 03, 2006 12:58 am   Reply with quote         

Paul Von Stetina wrote:

For the last time, those Lost numbers don't actually work! Laughing Wink

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Ask the Experts - Question about buying CS2 - Reply to topic