Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - SiteGrinder - Most amazing thing since Photoshop(?) - Reply to topic

Post Wed Aug 09, 2006 4:10 pm   Reply with quote         

Ok, I've been wondering since the day I learned how freaking complicated some things in Dreamweaver are (that shouldn't be) why there wasn't some program where you just made the images, pasted them all together in layers, designated them, and have the program convert it all to code for you to further tweak.
The other day (Incidentally the day my pc died) I stumbled across this program while searching for some Photoshop stuff.
And I celebrated. I am going to buy this as soon as possible if it's anything close to what it says it is. Check it out
http://www.photoshopsupport.com/photoshop-blog/06/06/site-grinder-2.html

Here are some links to webpages created using this software (some with Flash content):

http://www.medialab.com/sitegrinder/examplepages.html

What do you guys think? Is this cool or what?

Post Wed Aug 09, 2006 4:19 pm   Reply with quote         

Definetley cool and seems easy, and it's perfect for beginners.

edispilf

You will never learn from this and never advance your coding skillz:.

But if that doesnt matter then shit by all means:.

Pretty sweet app.

Post Wed Aug 09, 2006 4:21 pm   Reply with quote         

Well, I can build decent webpages that fit my needs already, but this is a great program regardless. Thinking of the time it will save, as well as the features included (like it will do pop-up button code for ya. those are annoying to tinker with and keep up to date) is exciting. And it's not really a "beginner" program as you put it. They sell it more as a professional tool.

oh, and here are some of the features:
http://www.medialab.com/sitegrinder/features/

Post Wed Aug 09, 2006 4:24 pm   Reply with quote         

Odd you should bring this up...I just downloaded this the other day to try it out...It's pretty decent.

Post Wed Aug 09, 2006 5:07 pm   Reply with quote         

Yup, it's pretty good. Downloaded it a couple of weeks ago due to an advertisement here at psc. But allready uninstalled it. Smile

Nothing beats the old 'notepad'

ps: alltough I'm naming notepad here I do not use the notepad included within the ms OS. I use a bit more advanced editor (syntax highlighting and stuff) (no wysiswyg though)

Post Wed Aug 09, 2006 5:09 pm   Reply with quote         

ooh, which notepad is it? Is it free? Everything I do is MS notpad, but it has it's limits.

Post Wed Aug 09, 2006 5:18 pm   Reply with quote         

Editplus, I've been using it for about, well along time Smile

Shareware stuff, and you're supposed to pay 30$ for it after 30 days of use, but it keeps working, only thing you get is a nag-screen when you launch it.

Has built in ftp.
Syntax highlighting for css, c, php, html, perl, java, jsp,xml... etc.. Very easy to use
multiple document support (tabs)
saving in pc/unix/mac format
and more..

http://editplus.com

Post Wed Aug 09, 2006 5:20 pm   Reply with quote         

ooh, great, built in FTP. Thats excellent, I hope it works well, cuz I lost my old program along with all my other downloaded software when my pc crashed.

(Haha, I like how it automatically turns "FTP" into a link.)

Post Wed Aug 09, 2006 5:24 pm   Reply with quote         

according to the nag screen I've been using it for 817 days and I can't remember that it failed once Smile

Post Wed Aug 09, 2006 5:32 pm   Reply with quote         

ha, 817 days! I love it when it counts. I had some unregistered Winzip on my pre-death computer, and it was in the mid-1000 range last I used it. I can deal with nag screens, I already have a couple of programs that do that. Laughing

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - SiteGrinder - Most amazing thing since Photoshop(?) - Reply to topic