Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Fun and Games - Chopperdome TofuTheGreat Vs NinjaNumberNine - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2  Next

blue_lurker

Post Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:01 pm   Reply with quote         

Ok chopfans here we are at once again at
CHOPPERDOME
Two choppers enter 1 chopper leaves
and a special match up at that for the first time in the dome a complete unknown is gunna try his luck

TofuTheGreat Vs NinjaNumberNine
Time starts now PSC TIME 10pm 22nd Jan 2010
You have 3 days to complete ya chop and get them into me by the 10pm PSC time 25th of Jan 2010
(If you can host your own images would be great Thanks. Make sure that you do not have your name or web site in the name of your URL for your image.)
Here is ya source....bwhahahahahahaha

Twisted Evil Have fun Twisted Evil

I will create an image vote thread once both entries are in
This thread will be updated as each contest is organized, I will change the heading to let you know if a new contest has started, so keep checking back in K.

jasper

Post Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:07 pm   Reply with quote         

Ps Blurk-you've been doing a great job with this. Let's hope we can make if easier to do Smile

TofuTheGreat

Post Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:10 am   Reply with quote         

Thanks Blue! Very Happy

Tesore

Post Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:48 am   Reply with quote         

Cool!
Good luck guys Very Happy

delia

Post Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:22 am   Reply with quote         

OOoh... interesting source! Good luck with that one, guys!

http://www.track4va.com
SCWIDVICIOUS

Post Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:38 am   Reply with quote         

ohh goodie... hehe

Post Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:44 am   Reply with quote         

don't make spider again...
already 2 this month.
just kidding.

another great source.
good luck !!!

Post Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:26 pm   Reply with quote         

Can't wait- I'm on it.

TofuTheGreat

Post Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:31 pm   Reply with quote         

Ugh. Been pondering this source ever since the posting. WHAT THE HECK AM I SUPPOSED TO DO WITH IT?!? Sad

Had three ideas that I've tried so far and they're all turning out crappy. Oh well, back to the digital drawing board. Razz

Post Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:02 am   Reply with quote         

TofuTheGreat wrote:
Ugh. Been pondering this source ever since the posting. WHAT THE HECK AM I SUPPOSED TO DO WITH IT?!? Sad

Had three ideas that I've tried so far and they're all turning out crappy. Oh well, back to the digital drawing board. Razz

I agree- that was a monster of a source. Very Happy
I just posted my final here- but the post got deleted! I really wish I'd at least be notified beforehand.
Good luck!

NinjaNumberNine

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:11 am   Reply with quote         

NinjaNumberNine wrote:
TofuTheGreat wrote:

I agree- that was a monster of a source. Very Happy
I just posted my final here- but the post got deleted! I really wish I'd at least be notified beforehand
Good luck!

NinjaNumberNine

NNN, I deleted your post because you're not supposed to give hints OR show images of how you're thinking of using the source.
WHY? BECAUSE IT'S AN ANONYMOUS COMPETITION.
We have been quite patient with your newbieness and questions...but get a clue dude. Go to FORUMS and look up how the other Chopperdomes have been handled.
Submit your image to Blue_lurker..........got it? Good. Very Happy

Post Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:55 pm   Reply with quote         

Ok, but that's just plain weird when ya compare it to practically any other forum on the web. I wish you could at least PM me that you had deleted it and why- I had no clue. Shocked

What else can you give Blurk? Like can you include the story to the image? I wrote the story first, then tried to make my image based on what i wrote in the story. It wouldn't be the same without it. Rolling Eyes

And if you think you're the only frusterated one... Laughing I think I could beat you there.

NNN

blue_lurker

Post Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:17 pm   Reply with quote         

Ok Im having a little trouble with photobucket, there fault not mine
as soon as im sorted will get this thing going OK

glennhanna

Post Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:18 pm   Reply with quote         

I find the best images have the story in the picture. You don't need a written story. Sometimes a short title helps to orient the perspective of the viewer. But you don't need an article, like a newspaper. If the image is good, you don't need no stinkin word story.

In fact, your idea in writing a story is good. Often times when writing a script for tv, movies, or writing a book, the author will develop all the main characters and write little stories about them, who they are, why they are who they are. These are stories the readers and viewers will never read. It is purely for the author in the character developing process. The readers and viewers will get a sense of these stories when they read the final product.

So writing a story is a good stage to creating ideas. A good story goes a long way. After you come up with a good story in words, make an image that tells the story, and throw the words away.

Post Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:28 pm   Reply with quote         

glennhanna wrote:
I find the best images have the story in the picture. You don't need a written story. Sometimes a short title helps to orient the perspective of the viewer. But you don't need an article, like a newspaper. If the image is good, you don't need no stinkin word story.

In fact, your idea in writing a story is good. Often times when writing a script for tv, movies, or writing a book, the author will develop all the main characters and write little stories about them, who they are, why they are who they are. These are stories the readers and viewers will never read. It is purely for the author in the character developing process. The readers and viewers will get a sense of these stories when they read the final product.

So writing a story is a good stage to creating ideas. A good story goes a long way. After you come up with a good story in words, make an image that tells the story, and throw the words away.
Agreed, but that's a little tough unless you can pick your own source image and/or make a comic strip (to show progression). Very Happy Not complaining, just observing. Like if you had a story that a guy had sat in a swimming pool for a million years with no change coming to him, how would you put that thought in a picture? Otherwise the pic would just look like a normal guy sitting in a swimming pool, which is what he is, for all the observer might care.

TY,

NNN

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Fun and Games - Chopperdome TofuTheGreat Vs NinjaNumberNine - Reply to topic