Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - A few new layout questions... - Reply to topic

bigbuck

Post Wed Aug 23, 2006 7:16 pm   Reply with quote         

I know there are a couple of threads already, so don't blast me too much, but would someone possibly know;

1. Is there a quick way of rearranging one's portfolio by preference? It appears one click moves one image one place up or down. It would conceivably take hours and hours to rearrange a big portfolio...Is 'move to top' a possible option?

2. The 'hide from portfolio' button...does this hide preposts from advantage members? I'm not really sure that I like being able to view preposts....it spoils the surprise a little...

3. Is there any way of viewing your current 3 entries with votes in one place? Portfolio by 'recent' does not show votes. I always used to use this option to see at a glance how mine were going...

Thanks in advance,
Brad.

Micose

Post Wed Aug 23, 2006 8:23 pm   Reply with quote         

i was very okay, i said yet, with this brand new beautiful site, but in fact, i think it's really true wht said Bigbuck about the previewable advantage pics....it's exactly that,surprise effect will be a bit less strong and i'm sure people will be unconsciously influenced, or just picking an idea and add another one,well u will say that its the same problem yet with non advantage members starting working on a chop at 8 am....well...we'll see maybe it will be ok...dunno.
dumbat

Post Wed Aug 23, 2006 8:34 pm   Reply with quote         

i strongly agree with issues 2 and 3

i'm not sure if i can restrain myself from looking at the pre-posts, even though i would prefer not to Confused

and i did like being able to see all my current entries along with their vote scores

another thing that'd be good would be the ability to turn off avatars cos previously you could read votes/comments at a glance, now you have to scroll down and down to read them. but hey, i'm a noob here and i guess it's a bit late to request such features Razz

Heinlein

Post Wed Aug 23, 2006 8:37 pm   Reply with quote         

I also am in total agreement. It does take the surprise away of seeing the entries before the contest opens. Otherwise the site looks great Smile

bigbuck

Post Wed Aug 23, 2006 8:55 pm   Reply with quote         

.....now that it's been mentioned, I would like to be able to turn avatars off too.

Heinlein

Post Wed Aug 23, 2006 8:59 pm   Reply with quote         

Also, I noticed that when you view your portfolio, the entries with the most votes do not show first like they did in the old site. Is there a way to rearrange your entries so you choose which ones show first? Question

the burning couch

Post Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:18 pm   Reply with quote         

Just resist the urge to view the preposts.... problem solved!

ScionShade

Post Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:27 pm   Reply with quote         

You can MOVE the images using the tiny links over each image.

Heinlein wrote:
Also, I noticed that when you view your portfolio, the entries with the most votes do not show first like they did in the old site. Is there a way to rearrange your entries so you choose which ones show first? Question

j58roldan

Post Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:29 pm   Reply with quote         

Heinlein wrote:
I also am in total agreement. It does take the surprise away of seeing the entries before the contest opens. Otherwise the site looks great Smile

Agree

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - A few new layout questions... - Reply to topic