Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - New layout?! - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

jmh132
Site Moderator

Post Wed Aug 23, 2006 6:15 pm   Reply with quote         

The forums is the only place that you will see them (advantage users). They are not as intrusive as in the rest of the site though. It was not on my "launch critical" list, but I do hope to remove them from the forum (for advantage users) soon.

TofuTheGreat wrote:
I still see ads in some places. Is that normal?

About Advantage PSC wrote:
Key Features

* Access to the next 7 daily contests
* Work days ahead, on your schedule
* Upload entry images up to 1280x960 / 512KB
* Work from higher resolution source images
* Submit original photos for contests
* Preview other Advantage entries
* Unlimited Favorites
* Ads Disappear

ScionShade

Post Wed Aug 23, 2006 6:20 pm   Reply with quote         

Image verify---VERY COOL Very Happy

jmh132 wrote:
yes, a new image verification has been added to sign up to the forums, there will always be some spam though. Sad

Caldera

Post Wed Aug 23, 2006 7:59 pm   Reply with quote         

Awesome, great work to all involed.

dumbat

Post Wed Aug 23, 2006 8:49 pm   Reply with quote         

on the whole, i preferred it the way it was. new features good (except for pre-post viewing), new layout not so good (previous site architecture was spot-on in my opinion)

and my eyes are watering!

Michel

Post Wed Aug 23, 2006 8:53 pm   Reply with quote         

I now have to carefully control my daily intake of PSC, my eyes are aching due to the overusage of white...

EJH

Post Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:44 pm   Reply with quote         

ReyRey wrote:
This new layout also does not work well with Safari. I am not seeing any avatars in the threads, so I don't know who is saying what. Rolling Eyes

What?? WHO SAID THAT??

I'm having the same problem as well... in Safari (my browser of choice) there are no names, no avatars, nothin. I really don't feel like switching over to IE just to look at one website... Confused

I agree with what a lot of other people have said...

--all of the white space is a bit much (this coming from someone who generally loves white space, just for a website it's a bit harsh on the eyes)

--it seems odd to have yesterday's contest winner featured more prominently than the current day's new contest

--I reeeeally don't like that you can see the advantage pre-posts. From both sides: I don't want to see what other people have done until the contest opens (yes, I know I can just NOT click on the link, but it's too much of a temptation for me). And also, I'd rather my work wasn't seen until the contest opens. Not that I post that often, but this preview feature discourages me greatly from posting a contest entry.

ok, carry on then.

*edit* Whoa... when I tried to preview my post just now, the text got squished into a looong column about 1" wide. Thank goodness it didn't display that way when I hit submit...

Heinlein

Post Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:51 pm   Reply with quote         

Agreed Smile

TofuTheGreat

Post Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:56 pm   Reply with quote         

EJH wrote:

--it seems odd to have yesterday's contest winner featured more prominently than the current day's new contest

--I reeeeally don't like that you can see the advantage pre-posts. From both sides: I don't want to see what other people have done until the contest opens (yes, I know I can just NOT click on the link, but it's too much of a temptation for me). And also, I'd rather my work wasn't seen until the contest opens. Not that I post that often, but this preview feature discourages me greatly from posting a contest entry.

Ditto x 2 on those two points. I don't mind the white though. I think the new layout is wicked cool.

Post Wed Aug 23, 2006 11:25 pm   Reply with quote         

I gave up trying to organize my portfolio.

I already have a dozen favorites in my folder now. I can keep those in order at least.

Post Wed Aug 23, 2006 11:53 pm   Reply with quote         

And I love the white. Entries like this look so cool: http://photoshopcontest.com/view-entry/79984/display.html

MAIKROPHONE

Post Thu Aug 24, 2006 1:33 am   Reply with quote         

Hi all,
the new design is great, wow ... less is more! To be honest I have not often post a pic in the last time, but I agree with all people who don't like the new advantage behaviour. I like the surprise who post what, and yes ReyREy, people should use their own brain, and not to be able to look what have other done.
What is the reason of this change? Have I something ignored?
But... the rest is so cool here!

ScionShade

Post Thu Aug 24, 2006 1:48 am   Reply with quote         

Death of a Clown wrote:
And I love the white. Entries like this look so cool: http://photoshopcontest.com/view-entry/79984/display.html

YEAH! THAT IS SUPREME!!!!! Very Happy

yello_piggy

Post Thu Aug 24, 2006 2:42 am   Reply with quote         

I love the "New votes and comments" function Very Happy This is simply perfect!

buglover

Post Thu Aug 24, 2006 2:58 am   Reply with quote         

First I thought it was a bug when I saw that I could preview the entries in the "priced contests". Then I realised that it's a new feature.

The fight against the white paper is a challenge, but it also can be a bracket. Ideas creat other ideas. Ok the first get bitten by the dogs, but they allways have the chance to place their first ideas.

I think we should give the change a chance! So just let's see how it works for some months, and if it don't works we can still start the REVOLUTION! Twisted Evil

And don't forget: Changes allways change thinks!

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Thu Aug 24, 2006 3:38 am   Reply with quote         

I am usually not a fan at all of white space backgrounds, but I must admit, now they look cool.

Long live the whitness of it all I say Very Happy

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - New layout?! - Reply to topic