Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - New layout?! - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

TofuTheGreat

Post Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:39 pm   Reply with quote         

HKlevjer wrote:
Bottom menu says "skillfull". Isn't it skillful?

Only in English speaking countries. Wink

Post Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:44 pm   Reply with quote         

ScionShade wrote:
badcop wrote:

Death of a Clown wrote:
Man, you guys sure complain a lot. >_>

The avatars are neat. I love 'em.

Don't change anything for at least a month or two. Give everyone a chance to get used to the layout. I'm sure most of the complainers will change their mind by then.

My bad.

You know, I didn't even need a month to see the light.
I changed my mind on the avatar issue immediately after seeing your adorable cartoon figure.
Now my only "complaint" is that I want the avatars bigger! Three times bigger!
F**K all the scrolling, it's more of a good thing and I can't get enough of that cute little face!

I envy you that you can get away with such sarcasm.
I know it's just being sarcastic and no big deal.
*ok my point was made...

Damn, I should have quoted you earlier! (before you could delete the incriminating evidence. >_>)

TofuTheGreat

Post Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:49 pm   Reply with quote         

jmh132 wrote:
The forums is the only place that you will see them (advantage users). They are not as intrusive as in the rest of the site though. It was not on my "launch critical" list, but I do hope to remove them from the forum (for advantage users) soon.

TofuTheGreat wrote:
I still see ads in some places. Is that normal?

About Advantage PSC wrote:
Key Features

* Ads Disappear

They aren't tremendously intrusive but I do see them in more places than just the forums. Quick check shows that I see ads on every page of the div.topnav links except for the http://photoshopcontest.com/advantage/index.html page.

I'm not griping. I know that ads help pay the bills. I also recognize that the feature isn't critical (and I lived with the ads all this time so it's not like I'm gonna shrivel up and die). But, for clarification, are the ads being removed only from the forums or from the whole site?

Showcase

Post Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:49 pm   Reply with quote         

Death of a Clown wrote:

You're right Clown. I'll sit back and love whatever you think I should. Thanks for reminding me of my place.

Death of a Clown wrote:

Don't change anything for at least a month or two. Give everyone a chance to get used to the layout. I'm sure most of the complainers will change their mind by then.

Again, what you like, I will like. Thanks for reminding me that your input is more important and...more importantly...the right input.

Keep up the good work.

for the record, it was my mistake to think that any site "creator" would want to know what a GROUP of users think and not just one. I've found in life that you live with what you're handed unless you stand up and add your own influences...

Post Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:55 pm   Reply with quote         

Death of a Clown wrote:

Damn, I should have quoted you earlier! (before you could delete the incriminating evidence. >_>)

can I at least get some paraphrasing?

Post Thu Aug 24, 2006 1:01 pm   Reply with quote         

Showcase wrote:
Death of a Clown wrote:

You're right Clown. I'll sit back and love whatever you think I should. Thanks for reminding me of my place.

Death of a Clown wrote:

Again, what you like, I will like. Thanks for reminding me that your input is more important and...more importantly...the right input.

Keep up the good work.

for the record, it was my mistake to think that any site "creator" would want to know what a GROUP of users think and not just one. I've found in life that you live with what you're handed unless you stand up and add your own influences...

You're free to attack, I'm free to defend. I'm just "standing up and adding my own influence" as you put it. It seems you're attacking me for speaking my mind... My messages are meant to convince JMH to keep the new layout just as your messages are meant to convince him to change it. We're both just trying to make the site the best it could be from our perspective.

I've been through a lot of site layout changes. Whenever one happens, the majority of users always say that the old version was better. Over time however, most people change their minds and embrace the changes. I want to make sure this stays here long enough for that to happen.

Post Thu Aug 24, 2006 1:08 pm   Reply with quote         

badcop wrote:
Death of a Clown wrote:

Nah, I don't want to start up trouble. You can ask him yourself though. >_>

ScionShade

Post Thu Aug 24, 2006 1:11 pm   Reply with quote         

Death of a Clown wrote:
badcop wrote:
Death of a Clown wrote:

Nah, I don't want to start up trouble. You can ask him yourself though. >_>

I was just iterating on how I get slammed so hard when I
appear to be acting sarcastic by a small group of individuals who
have taken a pro-active position on trying to get me to leave this site for quite some time.
I was being supportive of the right to be sarcastic.
It's no big deal to be sarcastic..I find the reactions to sarcasm to be extremely overdramatic in many cases.

TheShaman

Post Thu Aug 24, 2006 1:13 pm   Reply with quote         

ReyRey wrote:
I've decided. I really don't like being able to see the entries ahead of time, Or my entries being seen ahead of time. It stops some people from using their brains. It is easier to steal others ideas and then create your own version. So the person who created an image without looking at others entries gets robbed. It's kind of like seeing the other persons hand in poker. Now you know what he is holding so you know weather or not to get new cards. It's not fair to the person who used their creativity to come up with an idea and it's not fair to the person who decides to copy other's ideas. They will never grow creatively. Also I wonder if some people might get discouraged by seeing really good entries. Will they say "screw it! I can't compete with that!" I wonder. Now I don't want to post my entry until the last minute and that's not fair either. Does anyone agree with me?

AMEN I totally agree with Rey. Others shouldnt be able to view your pre-post... or atleast not at full size Confused
Example: I just finished my Sharp Weed entry, but now I dont want to post it, cause I dont want people to know what I'm doing, but then again, If I dont post it, and someone does a similar Idea, they will think I stole theirs... I've been working on this thing before the 'prize' was announced... If people think its really good and close to winning, they will try to one up it.... thats Bad form. takes away from challenging everyone to do their best w/o prior knowlege of what everyone else is up to.

As for the white... It is starting to grow on me, Its really great when viewing the artwork in contests... maybe leave it just in there? and the rest of the site get some color. We are artists after all arent we?

anyway the pros sure outweigh the cons.
now I have over 300 images to move around WHEEEEEE!

Post Thu Aug 24, 2006 1:13 pm   Reply with quote         

yeah yeah...
quote quote you squashed me I squashed you...whatever.

What most have done in this thread is provide a first look perspective. I would have to read back, but if I remember correctly, you DOC are the only one "bossing" people around by saying it should be left as it is for a month or so. Others have simply provided their first thoughts.

Anyway, whatever...it will be what it will be and I'll live with it or wont.

OH!, as I said about the pre-viewing of advantage images, I agree 100% with Rey and others that have agreed with him...such as himself Smile

Post Thu Aug 24, 2006 2:10 pm   Reply with quote         

Soooo many changes...........................

I'm getting used to the white....I can live with that

Agree with ReyRey on the "view pre-post" - - - so, if I could change just one thing............

Avatars everywhere.....a bit distracting, but will get used to it.......

Gonna miss images in chat...wont be able to "see" what L@rue is having for dinner Laughing

Overall.....the improvements FAR outwiegh what I don't like Very Happy Very Happy

Great job JMH!!!!!!!

Showcase

Post Thu Aug 24, 2006 2:14 pm   Reply with quote         

Synthvet wrote:
Gonna miss images in chat...wont be able to "see" what L@rue is having for dinner Laughing

aaaah yes...chat will not be chat any more Sad I'll miss that too.

Post Thu Aug 24, 2006 2:16 pm   Reply with quote         

As far as the avies..I find it livable..I think what
is causing the problem with those really is not the avatar itself
but the huge
Like this amount of space jammed uner every comment
that pushes the next commentor down...
"Next commentor" ...like this..
It really uses a large amount of space that could be this small-
!!Like this amount of space jammed uner every comment
that pushes the next commentor down...
"Next commentor" ...like this..
It really uses a large amount of space that could be this small"!!
Which in fact used only about half of the space for the same amount of text.

Post Thu Aug 24, 2006 2:25 pm   Reply with quote         

yeah, I agree about that. At least make the icons in the comments section small, maybe 20x20 or something. Or not have 'em. I don't mind really them in chat, though.

Post Thu Aug 24, 2006 6:05 pm   Reply with quote         

The relaunch looks like a big success! PSC has become more adult. Well done, jmh & team (?). Very Happy

Bye all, 'til Monday. Have a trip to London this weekend Cool

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - New layout?! - Reply to topic