Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Fun and Games - Name the PSC Roll Canvas site - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post Tue Sep 12, 2006 8:30 pm   Reply with quote         

Some of you might allready know, but Splodge will (unfortunately) no longer work on the Roll Canvas Site. The reasons why are not of importance. But don't you worry, the scroll won't die because of this. It will still continue to exist and everyone can still join the Roll canvas.

From now on I shall be doing the tasks Splodge did with the same enthusiasm and dedication, and I hope I can honor his work (and yours) with it.

The scroll shall be moved to a new server, this means it shall eventually dissapear from the now existing link ( http://hallcross.co.uk/flash/SCROLL.html ) But instead of using one of my existing domains I've decided to give it it's own domain as the scroll has allready reached a very mature and loooong state.

Now here's my problem: what is a good domain name for it?
As many of you have allready contributed to it, I leave it to you to decide what the domain name will be. So spill out your suggestions here.

The current suggestions (edited regulary) :

pscroll.com
longestscrollintheworld.com
thescrollthing.com
bestpicscroll.com
psc-scroll.com
pscworm.com
choppedworm.com
wormyscroll.com
imageworm.com
longassscroll.com (or whasn't it a suggestion mason? Smile )
heycomelookatalltheprettypictureswedidinphotoshop.com
riverart.com
flowshow.com
imagestream.com
imagecreek.com
streamofcreativity.com
flowscroll.com
rollwiththepixels.com
scrollthispic.com
scrollingexhibit.com
neverendingcanvas.com
brainstrainnamegame.com
PSChasWorms.com.com
Igotwormsinmydogsbutt.com
reallylongandflatsortoflikeatapeworm.com
pscrewkeeprolling.com
pscrew.com

The best ones will be collected and entered in a poll later to decide on the final domain name*

*if still available and doesn't cost too much Wink

Post Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:36 pm   Reply with quote         

good luck grefix, it was great fun running it as long as i did, but you are back on your feet now, it was your's and eve's baby to start with, have fun, let it run and run,
P.S. thelongestscrollintheworld.com is past, we beat them all, longestwormintheworld.com might get bluesfear worm rolling again
at the time of riteing/wrighting, while i was typing this the scroll is 57'foot, 6 inch long, you lot have to beat 72 foot, not undoable,(is that a word?)
you know where to find me grefix Smile

Hallcross Toots
Paul Von Stetina

Post Tue Sep 12, 2006 10:15 pm   Reply with quote         

First off, I'd say we all owe Splodge a round of applause (and lots of beers) for the work he's done on getting the scroll rolling, and Eve, for her help in getting people into this, Grefix, thanks for stepping up to the plate to take the torch, and for keeping it shining, as for a name, I like PSCROLL.com, it pretty much says it all, and it's short and sweet, I had an idea for another scroll that I ran by splodge, but now I'm not sure where were at, I'll need to talk to him again, Grefix, I may need to run it by you now, we'll see, may we scroll till we can scroll no mo Very Happy

TofuTheGreat

Post Tue Sep 12, 2006 10:21 pm   Reply with quote         

off the top o' my head:

bestpicscroll.com
psc-scroll.com (little clearer to me but jmh might object?)
pscworm.com

But I gotta say I like "longestscrollintheworld.whateva". I think we can keep this thing going and going and going and going.....

And, as PVS already said....

CHEERS TO SPLODGE!

Edit: Just searched domains at http://www.networksolutions.com/home.jsp?layoutIdIndex=0

Congratulations!

The following domains are available:

longestscrollintheworld.com
longestscrollintheworld.net
longestscrollintheworld.org
longestscrollintheworld.info

Post Wed Sep 13, 2006 12:04 am   Reply with quote         

I think it should be short and sweet, as well as something that will include PSC in there. We want the longest scroll in the world, not the longest URL in the world.

Anyhow, I think pscscroll.com is fine. or thepscscroll.com is fine, too. anything longer than that and it gets annoying.

By the way, I don't recommend searching through web hosts to see if a domain is open, because it seems once you do, if you don't purchase it, they take it over for themselves and advertise relative content on there and then try and charge you more to buy the domain they already "own" if you decide you want it.
I can't prove this is true, but it sure as hell seems so. Rolling Eyes

Post Wed Sep 13, 2006 12:26 am   Reply with quote         

choppedworm.com
wormyscroll.com
Laughing .com

bx3800

Post Wed Sep 13, 2006 3:01 am   Reply with quote         

I suggest:

- imageworm.com

I can host it if needed and buy the domain name.
Thru my hosting its only 10.00 a year!!!

[/b]

Post Wed Sep 13, 2006 3:16 am   Reply with quote         

mason4300 wrote:
By the way, I don't recommend searching through web hosts to see if a domain is open, because it seems once you do, if you don't purchase it, they take it over for themselves and advertise relative content on there and then try and charge you more to buy the domain they already "own" if you decide you want it.
I can't prove this is true, but it sure as hell seems so. Rolling Eyes

Unfortunately this as true as true can get true. So, I'll advise also not to search if the domain exists, I've had several occasions where I've lost a domainname I wished to register because of this (just try phpenguin.com wich is my alter ego, you'll notice there's a search page there, allready there 1 day after my initial request).

bx3800 wrote:

thanks for the offer but the hosting is allready there and I can get it even cheaper Laughing
pvs wrote:
First off, I'd say we all owe Splodge a round of applause (and lots of beers) for the work he's done
hear hear!

Post Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:57 am   Reply with quote         

bx3800 wrote:
I suggest:

- imageworm.com

[/b]

I like that one!

Post Wed Sep 13, 2006 8:23 am   Reply with quote         

if we do call it something like imageworm.com or longassscroll.com or something to that effect, I still think we need to make it sound appealing, not too generic. Something that makes it unique sounding. I bet a lot of people will see imageworm.com and won't be very enticed to follow the link.

Post Wed Sep 13, 2006 9:53 am   Reply with quote         

mason4300 wrote:
if we do call it something like imageworm.com or longassscroll.com or something to that effect, I still think we need to make it sound appealing, not too generic. Something that makes it unique sounding. I bet a lot of people will see imageworm.com and won't be very enticed to follow the link.

Well thats why we dump some meta tag descriptors:.

Like imageworm.com,
- The worlds longest single scrolling image

- A collection of fine collaborated works from all over the world

imageworm.com, some cool ass shit

- The worlds longest Picture!!!

Im just brainstorming here.

Post Wed Sep 13, 2006 10:36 am   Reply with quote         

I like short and sweet.
pscroll.com works for me as does imageworm.com...

Or,
why not...
www.heycomelookatalltheprettypictureswedidinphotoshop.com

Shocked Laughing

Thanks also to SPlodge - this scroll is great and the work you did joining is fantastic.

as for name, if I didn't already know what the website was, I would never click on a site that had "worm" anywhere in the name. sounds way too virus-like to me, and would scare me away from that click. scroll doesn't have the same negative connotations. Just my personal take, but there may be other folks out there who are like me, and who would pass by checking out the scroll just based on "worm" in the website name.

I like pscroll or thepscroll - I like the roll/scroll double.

And next round's on me, Splodge!
Bow

TofuTheGreat

Post Wed Sep 13, 2006 2:07 pm   Reply with quote         

Lovely evelyn makes a good point that I hadn't even considered before. The word "Worm" does have a few bad connotations when it comes to the 'Net. Confused

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Fun and Games - Name the PSC Roll Canvas site - Reply to topic