Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - Suggestions Box - Reply to topic

erdaest

Post Mon Sep 11, 2006 4:40 pm   Reply with quote         

I think that if a suggestions box was added next to or below the comment box would be a good feature. When you submit the suggestions box would not be public but it would go to the artist/creator of the photo. Here you can criticize the work. Point out weaknesses or suggestions on whatever else you feel the image lacks or needs. Because after all, it is through our failures that we learn.

I felt that when we posted a photo, that if you did not vote you could at least give a comment. However, I learned that this was not such a welcomed idea due to two things. One, the artist may very well be insulted and he/she may loose votes due to the focus on his error or weakness and two, because when you do criticize then other's may come to that persons rescue and cut your efforts good or bad. It's the double edge sword effect.

So, I'm thinking of why not a suggestions box? One that you can fill out at the time of voting and not worry that it will be viewed publicly. What do you think?

splodge

Post Mon Sep 11, 2006 6:23 pm   Reply with quote         

JMH knows what we want, but for some strange reason he wont put pix back in the chat page

Hallcross Toots
Eve
Site Moderator

Post Mon Sep 11, 2006 6:41 pm   Reply with quote         

erdaest wrote
Quote:
I think that if a suggestions box was added next to or below the comment box would be a good feature. When you submit the suggestions box would not be public but it would go to the artist/creator of the photo. Here you can criticize the work. Point out weaknesses or suggestions on whatever else you feel the image lacks or needs. Because after all, it is through our failures that we learn.

I felt that when we posted a photo, that if you did not vote you could at least give a comment. However, I learned that this was not such a welcomed idea due to two things. One, the artist may very well be insulted and he/she may loose votes due to the focus on his error or weakness and two, because when you do criticize then other's may come to that persons rescue and cut your efforts good or bad. It's the double edge sword effect.

JMH gave us this nifty thing called PM (private message). If you have constructive criticism, send them a PM. One click on their name takes you right to their profile page...there you'll find the PM button.

If, however, you want to rant, leave an unkind comment for all the world to see and suffer the consequences. Twisted Evil

By the way...does anyone remember the post whose comments went on into infinity...kept referring to him as "author?" ...good for newbies to see & sort of funny, IMHO.

Post Mon Sep 11, 2006 6:47 pm   Reply with quote         

splodge

Post Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:00 pm   Reply with quote         

was that chopper or chicken? best post ever

Hallcross Toots
Eve
Site Moderator

Post Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:17 pm   Reply with quote         

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Leave it to Chicken to have a legacy like THAT!!! Chicken, if ya still have the original image, please post it (yeah, like Chicken READS threads...)

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

BEWARE THE COMMENTS...wooooooo

ReinMan

Post Mon Sep 11, 2006 8:48 pm   Reply with quote         

volkswes wrote:

What a trip down memory lane (or mammary lane for some) just looking at who posted comments in that one. *sigh*

Paul Von Stetina

Post Mon Sep 11, 2006 11:48 pm   Reply with quote         

ReinMan wrote:
volkswes wrote:

What a trip down memory lane (or mammary lane for some) just looking at who posted comments in that one. *sigh*

This was the post where bad/chat originated from, did you know it did not exist before this? Rolling Eyes
erdaest, don't you just like it when your thread goes to the dogs? Laughing

Sassy

Post Tue Sep 12, 2006 12:43 am   Reply with quote         

OMG this took forever to read! LMAO

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - Suggestions Box - Reply to topic