Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Chopped or staged photo? - Reply to topic

Chopped?

Yes

88%

88%

[ 15 ]

No

11%

11%

[ 2 ]

Total Votes: 17

TofuTheGreat

Post Wed Sep 13, 2006 9:07 am   Reply with quote         

It's big (1920x1200 hence the name) so I'm not gonna embed it here. It's a wallpaper from Weird Al's "Straight Outta Lynwood" CD.

http://www.weirdal.com/wp/sol1920x1200.jpg

Something about the pic makes me think it was chopped more than it was posed/staged. Whaddayouthink?

I mean I KNOW that the do some post-shot work on publicity photos but that scene looks too overdone to be all from a photoshoot.

Post Wed Sep 13, 2006 9:24 am   Reply with quote         

I say both.
I see some elements that make me think chopped, and some elements that make me think some of it was posed...but I think it was all chopped together in the end anyway...if that makes sense... Shocked

Post Wed Sep 13, 2006 9:26 am   Reply with quote         

But I think the real question here is...

Just what were you doing at Weird Al's site???

Shocked

Laughing

TofuTheGreat

Post Wed Sep 13, 2006 9:37 am   Reply with quote         

digitalpharaoh wrote:
But I think the real question here is...

Just what were you doing at Weird Al's site???

Shocked

Laughing

Why wouldn't I be there Hmmm ? Why wouldn't everyone want to go there? Laughing

Actually he's got a song "Don't Download This Song" and I wanted to hear it. Plus there's a video done by Bill Plympton (the pencil sketch animator) so I HAD to see that. From there I found the song "Too White and Nerdy" and that just rang so dear to me. Laughing

From there it was just one hyperlink after another until I stumbled across the wallpapers. I saw hi-res and thought "hmmmmmm.... external source fodder?" so I had to look.

Post Wed Sep 13, 2006 9:42 am   Reply with quote         

Riiiiiiiiiiight.
Laughing

I know how it is...you have every intention to go to a site and look at just one thing...and end up digging as deep as you can go!

Laughing

EJH

Post Wed Sep 13, 2006 9:54 am   Reply with quote         

TofuTheGreat wrote:
Actually he's got a song "Don't Download This Song" and I wanted to hear it. Plus there's a video done by Bill Plympton (the pencil sketch animator) so I HAD to see that. From there I found the song "Too White and Nerdy" and that just rang so dear to me. Laughing

From there it was just one hyperlink after another until I stumbled across the wallpapers. I saw hi-res and thought "hmmmmmm.... external source fodder?" so I had to look.

...From there tofu went out and bought a long, curly wig. From there, he went to city hall and legally changed his name to "Tofu the Weird".

From there, he climbed up onto his roof and staged a performance for the neighborhood, featuring his new song Oops! I chopped it again. A disoriented elderly woman and 3 stray cats attended the show.

Post Wed Sep 13, 2006 9:56 am   Reply with quote         

Raising Brow

Laughing

bx3800

Post Wed Sep 13, 2006 9:57 am   Reply with quote         

Its chopped, I say

That actually looks like a picture from a rapper called "game"

They just swapped the lynwood name and chopped his head and hands in "looks like"

And I have to agree with DP, what are you doing on wierd Al's site???

hahahah , i kid, i kid

TofuTheGreat

Post Wed Sep 13, 2006 9:58 am   Reply with quote         

EJH wrote:
TofuTheGreat wrote:

...From there tofu went out and bought a long, curly wig. From there, he went to city hall and legally changed his name to "Tofu the Weird".

From there, he climbed up onto his roof and staged a performance for the neighborhood, featuring his new song Oops! I chopped it again. A disoriented elderly woman and 3 stray cats attended the show.

I love you E!

dewking

Post Wed Sep 13, 2006 10:06 am   Reply with quote         

It looks like a combination of photo-realistic photoshopping, and some actual scene shots that have been cleaned up and PS'd for atmosphere. It's meant to be a copy of NWA's Straight out of Compton.

Also, Im with you Tofu... I'm a Weird Al fan. 100%. Saw him up in NH last year and he actually puts on a really great show! I was surprised.

Btw.. check out his "you're pitiful" song on his site. The record company pulled it from the disk. Too bad, its friggin great.

zebob 06/09 @ 11:14 am
im more of an alethic computer geek that doesnt play sports but is still strong.

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Chopped or staged photo? - Reply to topic